Author Topic: Glenn Robinson doesn’t understand why 76ers traded for him  (Read 4491 times)

Re: Glenn Robinson doesn’t understand why 76ers traded for him
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2020, 04:16:48 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
actually Robinson doesn't need to move his family right away.  They can stay there while he finishes up for a couple of months.
finish the season and then figure out the next move for the family.

problem solved.

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2020, 04:20:28 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Considering Glenn is 0-9 from 3 since coming to Philly I would concentrate on making some shots. That said I can sympathize, he went from averaging 13pts on one of the worst teams in the league to 5pts on a contender. Probably saw all those $$$ flying away  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2020, 04:33:37 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Welcome to The Process, Glenn my man....

..where Real Estate is ALWAYS in full season, shooting is at a premium, rasslin' matches happen out of the blue

....quality Bigs come off the bench (instead of starting), and all sorts of weirdness happens.

Either you are PART of the Process or you're not, Big Dog.

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2020, 04:38:06 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Moving sucks, even if you're rich. Especially if you didn't make the decision to move or want to.

Whole lot of haters in this thread, the petty is so very real.

Lol - that is part of being a professional athlete. You make tons of money and sometimes you need to move if/when you get traded. There are only a couple of months left in the season - keep your family in California and kids in school and figure it out in the summer when you sign a new deal. People need to move for much worse reasons than Robinson and don't have nearly the same resources to deal with it.

I understand that athletes are people, too, and things aren't always easy, but this is a big 'Whatever' with a capital W. There are millions and millions of people who would trade places with him if they could. The Sixers have enough going on - best to go out there and work that much harder rather than talking to the media about not having a big enough role on your new team. Not exactly a great way to ingratiate yourself to the coaches/players.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 09:11:34 PM by jambr380 »

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2020, 04:51:43 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Moving sucks, even if you're rich. Especially if you didn't make the decision to move or want to.

Nah, it's a first world problem kind of thing.

I've moved 4 times in the last 5 years for work (and only 1 was a choice) and probably 10x's overall since I've been an "adult."  The more well off you are, the easier it gets, exponentially so. 

I've done the moving in 100+ degree heat in the cheapest U-haul with friends on Saturday and you have to be out by a certain time because you can't afford any overlap in leases.  I've done the driving across the country thing because you can't afford plane tickets/movers.  That sucks.

But when you're doing well.  You don't do anything.  You get people for that.  Because my moves were for work, the company took care of it (technically the wife's job/company, I'm just blessed being along for the ride).  Not that we're rich, but this is how it goes down when you're doing well:

Don't have to pack anything.  They have movers come and pack up and load everything.
Don't have to transport anything.  They ship your cars/vehicles for you.
Don't have to unpack anything.  Not only do the movers drop everything off, they unpack it all too, and set it up however you want.
Don't even have to be present when the movers are there, they have independent move coordinators doing all that stuff for us.

The only thing I've had to do is update my mailing address and go to the DMV.  We're talking <1 hour of my time, and Robinson  probably has guys for that too (like his agent or an assistant).  Sucks even less when you don't have deep roots set down some place  (which I'm pretty sure Robinson didn't have in GS).  He doesn't even have kids living with him where he has to worry about disrupting school and stuff.  He has a daughter but she lives in IND and doesn't move around with him.

If the process of moving sucks when you're rich, you're doing it wrong.  Now being forced to move somewhere you don't want to go  might suck, but the process of doing it does not.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2020, 06:36:29 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618

He's been traded ONCE. We really need to find a better candidate to complain about the life aspects of getting traded, like Joe Smith
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2020, 06:45:41 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
"I know I’ve got a family to feed" Dear Lord, how out of touch with reality can you be? Do they know how stupid they sound?
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2020, 08:17:40 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
"I know I’ve got a family to feed" Dear Lord, how out of touch with reality can you be? Do they know how stupid they sound?
I feel like the ~$10 million he’s made over his career can help feed his family, lol
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2020, 08:34:59 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I feel like the ~$10 million he’s made over his career can help feed his family, lol

but if your a Dwight Howard type deal with 50 children by 16 different women ...yeah ...ya gonna need alot of cash for sure ! ;D

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2020, 09:18:24 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

Not to mention the ~$80 million his dad made.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2020, 09:41:03 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I get that it can be frustrating, but that's the nature of the business. I don't really think the 'feed the family' excuse resonates with the rest of the population either - Robinson has made over $10M in his career. It honestly sounds ridiculous.

But I guess this is where we're at with the Sixers now. It really does mirror the Cs of last year where the talent seems to be there, but the chemistry certainly is not. I once was worried we would have to play them in the 1st round of the playoffs, but with the way things are going over there, it might not be a very difficult series, after all.
I wonder what Al Horford is thinking right now.  ::)

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2020, 05:49:39 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
After seeing Little Dog's performance today the Sixers probably don't understand why they traded for him either  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2020, 07:36:10 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I get that it can be frustrating, but that's the nature of the business. I don't really think the 'feed the family' excuse resonates with the rest of the population either - Robinson has made over $10M in his career. It honestly sounds ridiculous.

But I guess this is where we're at with the Sixers now. It really does mirror the Cs of last year where the talent seems to be there, but the chemistry certainly is not. I once was worried we would have to play them in the 1st round of the playoffs, but with the way things are going over there, it might not be a very difficult series, after all.
I wonder what Al Horford is thinking right now.  ::)
probably contemplating which private island to buy next