Author Topic: Kyrie to have shoulder surgery, out rest of season  (Read 4533 times)

Re: Kyrie to have shoulder surgery, likely out rest of season
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2020, 07:09:08 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Breaking news:  Kyrie Irving has a canker sore, and is questionable for the 2020-21 season.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Kyrie to have shoulder surgery, out "extended period"
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2020, 07:09:52 PM »

Online perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
This guy is such a fraud. I'd bet anything he had no real intention of playing much at all this season without Durant. That'd further expose his lack of leadership and alpha personality, and that scares him to death.

I'd wager too that this was why he and Jaylen didn't get along. Jaylen is legitimately intelligent, Kyrie pretends to be, and both of them knew this. Kyrie was as intimidated as hell by Jaylen.

Last year Jaylen legitimately asked Danny Ainge if he thought the team was as good as the ‘86 Celtics..so I’m not sure how intelligent he actually is.

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2020, 07:13:26 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
This guy is such a fraud. I'd bet anything he had no real intention of playing much at all this season without Durant. That'd further expose his lack of leadership and alpha personality, and that scares him to death.

I'd wager too that this was why he and Jaylen didn't get along. Jaylen is legitimately intelligent, Kyrie pretends to be, and both of them knew this. Kyrie was as intimidated as hell by Jaylen.

Last year Jaylen legitimately asked Danny Ainge if he thought the team was as good as the ‘86 Celtics..so I’m not sure how intelligent he actually is.

I don’t really think being excited about your team and asking how it compared to a team that played a decade before you were born says much of anything about intelligence.  Especially as that was before the season started and everyone was excited.

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2020, 07:42:32 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Nets better hope KD comes back and is at least 85% his former self before Achilles injury. Otherwise, they'll be a talented, but middle-of-the-pack team having to deal with two sensitive divas for the next 3+ years.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2020, 07:47:25 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Considering the team was literally 1 quarter away from reaching the Finals, I don't see how it's wrong to maybe test what the talent assessment is... Especially from the same guy who 100% drafted you with the utmost confidence.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2020, 08:09:34 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Considering the team was literally 1 quarter away from reaching the Finals, I don't see how it's wrong to maybe test what the talent assessment is... Especially from the same guy who 100% drafted you with the utmost confidence.

And this was a team that was going to be adding Kyrie and Hayward - two All-Stars. Looking back on 'the question', it looks ridiculous; but if that team had actually clicked, they legit had the talent (on paper) to go all the way.

Anyway, hope Kyrie can figure things out - I kind-of feel bad for the guy. I do feel like he left us a little high and dry, but we did get Kemba to fill his shoes and have the opportunity to re-start the clock on the luxury tax. It could be a lot worse.

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2020, 08:19:06 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525

I'll give Jaylen the benefit of the doubt on this one.  It's quite possible he was semi-serious.  Maybe asking more to casually provoke a response from Danny than out of any deep comparative analysis.

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2020, 08:23:10 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Breaking news:  Kyrie Irving has a canker sore, and is questionable for the 2020-21 season.
He may have to undergo a year of mouth rinses which are best done away from the team.  Currently he is in a great deal of pain whenever he says something about his shoulder.

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2020, 09:24:57 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Kind of felt like we got a raw deal when Hayward went down 5 minutes into his $128m dollar contract.  Felt like $30m wasted in '18, not to mention the performance in '19 when the C's got far from full value out of Hayward.  Not at all Hayward's fault, just a sucky situation, but still felt like a waste of money.

I wonder if Nets fans feel the same way, or worse.  They're paying Kyrie and Durant $69m this year for 20 combined games.  At least with Durant, you knew what you were getting into, and at full health he's worth more than the max, so this may even out, but it definitely sucks.  Or I wonder if the rest of the roster starts to feel jaded, as they split $51m for 541 games so far and counting, and play better without Kyrie.  To top it all off, Deron Williams, who hasn't played for the team in 5 years, is being paid more by the Nets this year ($5.5m) than most players on the team.

Golden State paying $73m for 4 total games (so far) for Steph/Klay, nobody feels sorry for you guys.  Probably getting the #1 pick too.

Not that these players should feel bad about taking this money, it's good work if you can get it.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2020, 10:04:02 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Kind of felt like we got a raw deal when Hayward went down 5 minutes into his $128m dollar contract.  Felt like $30m wasted in '18, not to mention the performance in '19 when the C's got far from full value out of Hayward.  Not at all Hayward's fault, just a sucky situation, but still felt like a waste of money.

I wonder if Nets fans feel the same way, or worse.  They're paying Kyrie and Durant $69m this year for 20 combined games.  At least with Durant, you knew what you were getting into, and at full health he's worth more than the max, so this may even out, but it definitely sucks.  Or I wonder if the rest of the roster starts to feel jaded, as they split $51m for 541 games so far and counting, and play better without Kyrie.  To top it all off, Deron Williams, who hasn't played for the team in 5 years, is being paid more by the Nets this year ($5.5m) than most players on the team.

Golden State paying $73m for 4 total games (so far) for Steph/Klay, nobody feels sorry for you guys.  Probably getting the #1 pick too.

Not that these players should feel bad about taking this money, it's good work if you can get it.
Man, forgot all about Deron Williams. He was a gun for 5-6 years there.

Probably take him in his prime over Kyrie too ;D
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2020, 10:23:43 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104

Ya. True he did. But that’s not a sign of not being intelligent. The kid wasn’t around. Players across the board on average are better at least. I’d say a dumber thing to say was Danny telling the press this. Dumb, arrogant, and completely unnecessary. Danny is my favorite Celtic ever but I really had no respect for Danny here especially after Jaylen being the one to sacrifice his starting position. Petty and after Kyrie badmouthing people to the press Ainge should know better. If I was Jaylen walking down the hall after reading that I would tell Danny, “ really?”

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2020, 08:56:55 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Breaking news:  Kyrie Irving has is a canker sore, and is questionable for the 2020-21 season.

FIFY

Add to this the fact that AD is missing his 8th game of the season tonight (vs the Pels), and we dodged two major bullets by not uniting those guys.

I know that many were real hot on those two being paired together here, but the chances of both of them playing a full season together was always pretty small.

Tatum for AD doesn’t sound as palatable as it did a year ago.

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2020, 10:20:52 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Ya. True he did. But that’s not a sign of not being intelligent. The kid wasn’t around. Players across the board on average are better at least. I’d say a dumber thing to say was Danny telling the press this. Dumb, arrogant, and completely unnecessary. Danny is my favorite Celtic ever but I really had no respect for Danny here especially after Jaylen being the one to sacrifice his starting position. Petty and after Kyrie badmouthing people to the press Ainge should know better. If I was Jaylen walking down the hall after reading that I would tell Danny, “ really?”

WOW!!! You guys are making such a big deal out of a simple question, arent you? Jaylen's intelligence is now based on a question he asked his GM, and Danny is dumb for sharing this anecdote with the press? Really?

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2020, 10:28:33 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743

WOW!!! You guys are making such a big deal out of a simple question, arent you? Jaylen's intelligence is now based on a question he asked his GM, and Danny is dumb for sharing this anecdote with the press? Really?

agreed, ridiculous

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2020, 08:28:42 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Even his own mouth is suffering from the words he spoke.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."