Author Topic: Trade Deadline Thread: Rumors and News  (Read 83404 times)

Re: Trade Deadline Thread: Rumors and News
« Reply #705 on: February 06, 2020, 08:22:33 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
BUY OUT MARKET HERE WE COME!

Don't The Timberwolves have like four extra players from their trades? I'd love to grab Omari Spellman or Juan Hernangómez. The Grizzles also look to have too many, maybe they cut Gorgui Dieng?

If they have too many players, they need to cut someone before making the trade, not after — in other words, it couldn’t be one of the newly acquired guys (except for Hernangomez, since he was officially acquired yesterday — but I think they’re interested in keeping his RFA rights).

Didn't The Clippers wave IT after the trade? That's why I thought it was possible...

You can waive people after the trade if you want, but if you're taking on players you need to open up the roster spots first. Anything after that is just a team decision
I'm bitter.

« Reply #706 on: February 06, 2020, 08:52:31 PM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
Golden State will be interesting around draft time. Say they get the 1st and 3rd pick, what could they flip that for? I’m sure there are going to be teams who won’t succeed as they expected in the playoffs and they have stars on their team. So Lillard,Harden,Embiid?

2021 1st pick + 2021 3rd pick + Wiggins For Embiid.

« Reply #707 on: February 06, 2020, 09:13:53 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Don't care what anyone says, I love this dude!

https://twitter.com/EnesKanter/status/1225512179148951552?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Best Reaction to the Celtics trade deadline I've seen!

I have the same reaction, I don't think there's anyone out there that would really move the needle for us without us having to give up a lot. These coming playoffs  will make it clear what piece we need and who we can most afford to give up to get it. I hate trades for the sake of trades just to change things up and get people talking, that's what the Knicks are good at.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #708 on: February 06, 2020, 10:20:36 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
People wanted to trade Gordon Hayward for Drummond and then he gets traded for freaking brandon knight and john Henson lol

Looks like those involved had a better, truer idea of Drummond's value.  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #709 on: February 07, 2020, 10:52:23 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Time to discuss winners and losers.
https://www.si.com/nba/2020/02/06/nba-trade-deadline-winners-and-losers

Although I’m OK with DA standing pat, I have to admit I like what Philly and Miami did.  These EC playoff teams got a little better.

The WC had a few head-scratchers — Houston, Minny, GS, Memphis and certainly LAL not doing much.

« Reply #710 on: February 07, 2020, 11:07:18 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Time to discuss winners and losers.
https://www.si.com/nba/2020/02/06/nba-trade-deadline-winners-and-losers

Although I’m OK with DA standing pat, I have to admit I like what Philly and Miami did.  These EC playoff teams got a little better.

The WC had a few head-scratchers — Houston, Minny, GS, Memphis and certainly LAL not doing much.

I am the opposite on lot of those.

I did not like what Miami did. I thought they got worse. I prefer Winslow to Iggy. Waiters over Solomon Hill. And James Johnson vs Jae Crowder is neutral. Miami downgraded in my opinion.

I loved what Golden State did. Wiggins is better than D-Russell and they got a top draft pick in the process. Excellent work. On the flipside, I thought Minny overpaid. Giving up that draft pick is a perfect example of impatient team building that will bite them on ass in the long term.

Memphis did great getting Winslow. Already superior to Iggy, a lot younger and will vastly outplay Iggy in future years. Winslow can be a long term piece for their team. Excellent value for dumping an old role player like Iggy.

I liked what Houston did. I believe Covington will offer them more in their new small-ball lineup than Capela did and will help make Houston more dangerous in the playoffs this season.

Agreed with the Lakers. I thought they should have moved Kuzma for a guard who can shoot. Did not think Marcus Morris was right for that team. Good non-move there.

Philly did a great job. Not much assets to trade so small returns were all they were capable of. And they got a good small return. Added some more depth to their wings.

« Reply #711 on: February 07, 2020, 11:09:17 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I’m fine with no trades. The only names that were mentioned that I really liked for our team were Capela and Bertrans.  Bertrans wasn’t realistically available, and Capela was an injury and chemistry risk.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #712 on: February 07, 2020, 11:17:09 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I am pretty disappointed we did not make a move, but will support Ainge and the team as usual.   A lot of guys could have been had for cheap and I am sorry but Ainge's I don't want to cut a guaranteed contract is BS,  who would miss Pourier on the team? 

I do realize his hands were tied by our contract situation.

Go Celtics!

« Reply #713 on: February 21, 2020, 09:20:27 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Clippers are going to bust Lebron's ass come playoff time. They are going to be way too physical for the Lakers. Morris beings some more dog to that team.

Watch the Lakers counter with Markieff

I got this right. Lol
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird