Author Topic: Trade Deadline Thread: Rumors and News  (Read 83447 times)

Re: Trade Deadline Thread: Rumors and News
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2020, 08:23:35 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
If I were the Celtics FO I'd be interested in a trade like this:

https://tradenba.com/trades/H0aXuWIVP

I'm aware that two first round draft picks is considerable value, but Bogdanovic is a fine guard/wing player who's an excellent scorer and creator who can play on or off ball. Having him as an option off the bench would work wonders for our bench offence when the second season rolls around, ntm he'd give our starting 5 a more offensively slanted option at the wing if we need some extra juice against a defensive juggernaut/offensive flamethrower.

Four first rounders is a superstar hall.
If you think legendary prospects like Robert Williams and Carsen Edwards are actually worth 1st rounders by themselves rn on the trade market, I've got some real estate on the moon to sell to you.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2020, 08:25:00 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

I'm aware that two first round draft picks is considerable value, but Bogdanovic is a fine guard/wing player who's an excellent scorer and creator who can play on or off ball. Having him as an option off the bench would work wonders for our bench offence when the second season rolls around, ntm he'd give our starting 5 a more offensively slanted option at the wing if we need some extra juice against a defensive juggernaut/offensive flamethrower.

Now this is a trade I'd be intrigued about. If we can minimize what is coming out I'd be on board.
Agreed - if we could turn one of those firsts into a second I'd be all in for it.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2020, 08:39:37 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307

If you think legendary prospects like Robert Williams and Carsen Edwards are actually worth 1st rounders by themselves rn on the trade market, I've got some real estate on the moon to sell to you.
Would you trade Robert Williams for say, the 30th pick (I know we likely own that pick already, just hypothetically)? I don't believe I would, unless the FO believes his health issues will always exist. He has potential that most late 1st rounders don't.

The problem with a trade like that is Bodganovic will be a FA next year, and we won't be able to afford re-signing him (perhaps if Hayward opts out and leaves, that's a whole other discussion).

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2020, 08:48:52 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Now this is a trade I'd be intrigued about. If we can minimize what is coming out I'd be on board.
Agreed - if we could turn one of those firsts into a second I'd be all in for it.

It's just amazing to me how last year the narrative was that we had too many mouths to feed, and this year there is constant talk of having too many wings, but then other fans think we need to add another ball-handler/shot-creator.

I really like Bogdon, but I don't think we should get a guy like him when we have as many shot creators as we already have.

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2020, 09:41:14 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

It's just amazing to me how last year the narrative was that we had too many mouths to feed, and this year there is constant talk of having too many wings, but then other fans think we need to add another ball-handler/shot-creator.

I really like Bogdon, but I don't think we should get a guy like him when we have as many shot creators as we already have.

Bogdanovic is someone you can park in the corner and be effective, while being someone who can get hot and win you a game. He will play the Gerald Green role, not the Terry Rozier/Marcus Morris role.

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2020, 09:46:53 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Bogdanovic is someone you can park in the corner and be effective, while being someone who can get hot and win you a game. He will play the Gerald Green role, not the Terry Rozier/Marcus Morris role.
Agreed. Here's a question though: Would it be worth it to sacrifice 2 firsts + 2 prospects for a guy we would be using mostly off the ball?

Personally speaking, I don't think it would.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 10:00:27 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2020, 10:16:25 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Would you trade Robert Williams for say, the 30th pick (I know we likely own that pick already, just hypothetically)? I don't believe I would, unless the FO believes his health issues will always exist. He has potential that most late 1st rounders don't.

The problem with a trade like that is Bodganovic will be a FA next year, and we won't be able to afford re-signing him (perhaps if Hayward opts out and leaves, that's a whole other discussion).
I would as long as the draft isn't super shallow. I think Williams' value and ceiling has dropped off quite a bit compared to when he was drafted, I know that his recent injury wasn't his fault but it still puts a damper on his development, ntm he wasn't looking like a world beater before the injury (still a very raw centre who is a mixed bag on defence and doesn't offer much, if anything at all, on offence). I don't see his potential (possible starting centre) as something outlier-ish compared to most prospects in the late 1st round, ntm he'll be halfway through his rookie deal after this season.

Btw why would be unable to afford re-signing Bogdanovic? He'll be an RFA next year and we can always go over the luxury tax line to re-sign him if the core proves to be a strong title contender.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2020, 10:31:19 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

It's just amazing to me how some Celtics fans keep on banging the drum for a plodding big man who can't shoot and pass as the magic solution to our problems :laugh:

The difference between Brogdon and a shot creator/ball-handler like Rozier and Morris is that he can move off ball and pass. Off ball movement allows him to create without the ball so he won't be taking away from our main offensive options while amplifying their on ball value (Hayward/Kemba/Brown/Tatum will have an easier time passing to him for an open shot than say Semi Ojeleye). His passing is a nice additive skill: he can make the second pass after receiving a feed from one of our main offensive options to find an even better look, or use it to find players when they move off ball (Hayward/Brown/Tatum are nice cutters while Kemba relocates pretty well off screens). These skills allow him to maintain considerable offensive value even if he isn't in a ball-dominant role unlike Rozier and Morris (largely shoot first players with limited passing skills for their position), and even push our offence to new heights with how he'd synergise with our good offensive players.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2020, 10:36:39 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Agreed. Here's a question though: Would it be worth it to sacrifice 2 firsts + 2 prospects for a guy we would be using mostly off the ball?

Personally speaking, I don't think it would.
To be fair we aren't talking about 2 1sts, ideally it'd be 1 1st and a 2nd to me (or even less, but I'm not sure how much lower will Sacramento go). Even if it does cost two firsts I think it'd be worth it given how he'd boost our offence to even greater heights, he'd make our offence pretty deadly even when we're sitting a couple of starters when we already have a small shot at making a title run with our current core imo. But yes the original package I quoted was definitely on the expensive end.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2020, 11:00:32 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Kemba said this is their “ team”. Referring to the jays. Is it? It shouldn’t be. No surprise when Tatum comes back Jayward is moved to a different type role. Kemba and Hayward SHOULD be our #1 and 2. Our offense isn’t GREAT with these really good 4 players because Tatum and Brown are below average to poor facilitators. That’s totally ok because pretty soon they won’t be. It’s just an incredible waste of opportunity to me.
  I’m all about going all in and trying to win now. Push all our assets in for a Bogdanovich and chase and outbid for a center if he’s there, if we would head with Kemba and Hayward in the offense. But since we won’t due to Brad will leaving it up to the players ,and thus Hayward especially will have to step into the background thus becoming much less effective I guess I’d hold onto my assets . Because we’re not a true title threat the way we rely on Tatum as is.

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2020, 11:09:48 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2020, 11:21:15 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
wonder if Danny is interested in Capela.

It depends what the price is. Not for Smart.

Random idea:

Langford + Williams + Poirier + Green + Semih + 1st

for

Capela + Rivers

More like a 3 team deal of Kanter and Porier going to Team A with a pick for a player that is 125% of Kanter's and Porier's salary.  That player plus a pick to Houston for Capela.  That pick would be the memphis pick so they can move that pick to get the wing upgrade they want.  Lot's of moving parts makes it unlikely.  I do ask.  Is Capela that much of an upgrade over Theis and the 14th pick in next years draft?

I also can't see the C's moving Romeo just yet but if they did I would assume it would be for a player like Capela who is signed for 3 more years. 
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 11:29:05 AM by tonydelk »

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2020, 11:36:11 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Make of this what you will.

If the current trade buzz is accurate, the general market for young frontcourt players is robust, with league executives saying both the Indiana Pacers’ Myles Turner and the Atlanta Hawks’ John Collins, big men with the ability to switch between power forward and center, are on the trading block.
https://hoopshype.com/rumor/john-collins-myles-turner-available/

I'm super high on Turner. He'd be the perfect fit for us. Imo, Turner > Capela >>> Theis.

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2020, 11:37:27 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2020, 11:38:23 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349