Author Topic: Celtics (1-1) at Cavaliers (1-1) Game #3 Eastern Conference Semifinals 5/11/24  (Read 11385 times)

Online cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 376
now, lets keep up this effort that we saw in game 1 and 3 for the next 2.

will Mitchell have an off night at all? if he does they probably get blown out of the water though.

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 707
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Win Game 4 and this series is done. Don't play around. Don't just show up. And at some point Mitchell has to have an average game.

Tatum still has a better game in him this series. He did score 33 but his shooting was pretty average and he turned the ball over 5 times. I feel even his average games can be better than most.

I liked the fact that he rebounded.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 09:25:40 AM by celticinorlando »

Online cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 376
Win Game 4 and this series is done. Don't play around. Don't just show up. And at some point Mitchell has to have an average game.

It has to happen at some point right? even against Orlando there were a couple games in orlando where he put up 18 and 13. since then he's been supernova.

He was the only one keeping them in that game and making it competitive

and yet, he only had 33 points. same as tatum? yet for some reason it feels like more

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 483
The Celtics are also due to have a big game from the 3pt line.  If Horford and Dwhite had hit their average % the cs would have won last night by 26.  The game was closer because both players missed a lot of wide open shots.  Al has not played well this series and needs to step it up.  If he does game 4 will be nicely in the Celtics favor. 

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm getting some slight PTSD watching Horford in recent games. I still love the guy and know he's in a tough spot with Porzingis injured, but even last year's postseason we saw signs of slippage and bad play from him which we're not accustomed to. For me, it wasn't just getting attacked defensively, but the guy had six wide open 3s and bricked them all.

With that said, I agree with tonydelk. Since Game 1 of the MIA series, they haven't really had any "awesome" games shooting from 3. They've had a few solid ones, some awful. They do feel due for a big 3-point night, where everyone chips in and guys like Horford are also cashing in with their opportunities.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 767
The Celtics are also due to have a big game from the 3pt line.  If Horford and Dwhite had hit their average % the cs would have won last night by 26.  The game was closer because both players missed a lot of wide open shots.  Al has not played well this series and needs to step it up.  If he does game 4 will be nicely in the Celtics favor.

Horford's defense has been spot-on. It's pretty apparent the Cs are content switching Horford onto Garland and/or Mitchell, taking away his driving/dishing, and forcing contested threes. He also bullied Mobley a bit more tonight inside.

While Mitchell was hot tonight, the benefit is that this kind of defense takes away the role players from getting involved and confident. It also allows the other Cs to stay home.

I still feel like the team defense made a ton of mistakes. I noticed at least 3 times when White thought they were in traditional PnR defense and Horford thought it was a switch, leading to easy buckets. I'd love to see them lock in and strangle the Cavs offense for a game, just to show they have that level in them.

Obviously Zinger erases a ton of mistakes too.

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
https://x.com/walshenthusiast/status/1789504838268596511?s=46&t=lGU0TGXtwjkuVuoin6WTNw

Tonight, Jayson Tatum was the:
Game leading scorer
Game leading rebounder
Game leading assister
Game leading blocker
Celtics leading stealer

Pure domination

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1612
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397
cavs are +250 moneyline to win. celtics are -310 to win straight up.

spread is celtics -7.5

or should i take cavs +7.5

This team seems to either win big or lose straight up.  seeing us win a close game is hard to believe since it has not happened all playoffs. I think i will take cavs ML. less risk and greater reward.

with a ML like that. i have no issue laying a few bucks on the cavs just as a hedge. if they lose fine, which we hope. if they win i win money without putting a bunch up because odds are so good.

I would probably take the points. Cavs home and they got the home cooking refs with Zach Zarba. Celtics need to split these road games at least..

Is anyone else getting rich fading you?

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 606
Waiting for ECF is excruciating. Game can't come soon enough but well deserved rest for finishing the series early. Hopefully the Pacers extend it to 7 so KP can get additional rest.

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 744
Waiting for ECF is excruciating. Game can't come soon enough but well deserved rest for finishing the series early. Hopefully the Pacers extend it to 7 so KP can get additional rest.

it actually could end up hurting us, assuming one thinks that the knicks would win a game 7, and if KP isn’t coming back for game 1 or 2 (that’s my belief) then games 3 on will be on the same dates anyways, so KP will still end up playing the same amount of games going forward…..and OG may get an additional game played in this series if he comes back soon

…although a benefit is the knicks would be more worn down as a team

Online libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 378
I need the rest. I’ve been stressed during 4-1 series. Imagine how stressful it’s gonna be going forward. I appreciate the break. 😂