Author Topic: 2019 Draft Day Trades  (Read 5670 times)

Re: 2019 Draft Day Trades
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2019, 10:08:36 AM »

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

Boston has offered center Aron Baynes -- $5.4M expiring contract -- into salary cap space elsewhere, league sources tell ESPN. Without Kyrie Irving and Al Horford on the books, moving Baynes without taking back salary could get the Celtics to $23M in space.

Baynes getting moved to clear cap space.
C'mon Kemba Walker!

was my thought exactly.

and I can tell you something else, If Kemba were to accept a max contract with us, he would without a doubt facilitate a sign and trade with Charlotte so that they could get Hayward.

Kemba and Capela to Boston
Hayward and Chris Paul to Charlotte
Smart, Batum and Biyombo to Houston

Who says no?

Houston. How does that make their team a contender around Harden? I don't think Houston wants to blow it up, I think the want to contend with their MVP-caliber superstar.

Batum doesnt need shots, but can make them when called upon and can defend, rebound and pass.
Smart is a best defensively and doesnt need shots but can make them if needed.
Biyombo is shorter of a deal, but does the same things Capela does saving them money.

I think the move makes them better in the short term and long term. Harden keeps his 35% usage rate, but now he has defense on both sides of him and still has a super bouncy center with limited range to set him screens.

Smart
Harden
Batum
Faried
Biyombo

is better balance than they currently have.

Charlotte had better be receiving several draft choices in this scenario...

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2019, 10:10:36 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

ESPN Sources: Golden State has acquired Atlanta’s No. 41 pick in tonight’s NBA Draft. The cost: $1.3M and a 2024 second-round pick. Atlanta moved No. 44 to Miami yesterday. Hawks have Nos. 8, 10, 17 and 35 tonight. Golden State has Nos. 28, 41 and 58.

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2019, 10:16:04 AM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 162
  • Green 18!
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

Boston has offered center Aron Baynes -- $5.4M expiring contract -- into salary cap space elsewhere, league sources tell ESPN. Without Kyrie Irving and Al Horford on the books, moving Baynes without taking back salary could get the Celtics to $23M in space.

C'mon Kemba Walker!

was my thought exactly.

and I can tell you something else, If Kemba were to accept a max contract with us, he would without a doubt facilitate a sign and trade with Charlotte so that they could get Hayward.

Who says no?

Are you serious? We say no. And also it isn't wise to commit to Kemba on a multi-year deal, because he is 29 years old already and doesn't fit our timeline any better than Al Horford.

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2019, 10:17:13 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

C'mon Kemba Walker!

was my thought exactly.

Who says no?

Houston. How does that make their team a contender around Harden? I don't think Houston wants to blow it up, I think the want to contend with their MVP-caliber superstar.

Batum doesnt need shots, but can make them when called upon and can defend, rebound and pass.
Smart is a best defensively and doesnt need shots but can make them if needed.
Biyombo is shorter of a deal, but does the same things Capela does saving them money.

I think the move makes them better in the short term and long term. Harden keeps his 35% usage rate, but now he has defense on both sides of him and still has a super bouncy center with limited range to set him screens.

Smart
Harden
Batum
Faried
Biyombo

is better balance than they currently have.

Charlotte had better be receiving several draft choices in this scenario...

I would assume so for taking on that salary

But who knows. Jordan like to compete at all costs. Paul and Hayward, on paper, is a solid as heck team

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2019, 10:19:39 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I believe Danny is trying to make some sort of big trade today for a vet. But I think in the end they will just end of picking 2 or 3 players

Agree. Don't see any trades that exceed the AJL (Amir Johnson line).

Mike

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2019, 10:20:37 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

C'mon Kemba Walker!

was my thought exactly.

Who says no?

Are you serious? We say no. And also it isn't wise to commit to Kemba on a multi-year deal, because he is 29 years old already and doesn't fit our timeline any better than Al Horford.

but he fits better than 29 year old Hayward who plays behind tatum?

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2019, 10:47:41 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Yabu 2.0
Yabu. 3.0
Young 2.0
Young 3.0

four non assets will be draft

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2019, 10:48:37 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Yabu 2.0
Yabu. 3.0
Young 2.0
Young 3.0

four non assets will be draft
Don't be like that!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)