Author Topic: 2016-2017 Gordon Hayward Thread (We Did It Guys! Fireworks!!!)  (Read 327782 times)

Re: 2016-2017 Gordon Hayward Thread (Update: Miami Now Favorites)
« Reply #300 on: July 01, 2017, 12:02:34 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Honestly, if at this stage Miami is the favorites, then I like our chances even more. It means, if we take the news as legit as it is, that he's very willing to leave Utah.

Re: 2016-2017 Gordon Hayward Thread
« Reply #301 on: July 01, 2017, 12:04:53 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
UH OH...

https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/status/881174360043794432

Kevin O'Connor‏Verified account
@KevinOConnorNBA

Three league sources sense the current favorite for Gordon Hayward is Miami. Reasons: better lifestyle, Spoelstra, "feature scoring role."
Cons: you will never win anything in Miami.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

Re: 2016-2017 Gordon Hayward Thread
« Reply #302 on: July 01, 2017, 12:08:09 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!
Guys, come on. We all knew there were going to be "reports" about Hayward to Miami today. That's what always happens. Remember last year when Durant's LA meeting supposedly went so well that he was supposedly willing to take a paycut to go there? Lol

I still don't see Miami as a legit threat. We're a significantly better team than them, and we're much better positioned for a Finals run than them. It doesn't make sense for him to choose Miami over Boston. He really doesn't seem to be the "lifestyle" kind of guy that Miami offers, and the "featured scoring role" also doesn't seem to be A) in line with his character, and B) making that much sense, since he'll still get literally any shot he wants in Boston.

And think of it this way - if he truly does want to go to Miami due to the lifestyle and prominent scoring role, is he really a Celtics type of player?

But that doesn't really matter, because it's very, very, very difficult for me to see these things mattering all that much to him. He wants to win, and at this point Boston is head and shoulders above Miami and Utah in the West in that regard.

Yeah, plus the C's can keep adding to the core in the coming years.

Miami may keep Johnson (he's willing to take a paycut IF they sign Hayward), but what about Waiters? And after that, who else can they add, because that core to be honest is not even close to a championship looking core, even though they may finish Top 4 or 5 in a weak East.

But if Lowry stays in Toronto (looking likely now), I still think TOR if they keep Lowry and Ibaka are better than MIA, and CLE/WAS/BOS ahead of them as well, and this is without Hayward in Boston. Imagine Hayward added to Tatum and this Boston team.  ;D
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #303 on: July 01, 2017, 12:09:44 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 661
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Pat Riley is the biggest snake in the game. He will absolutely dirty recruit against Boston and Ainge. Anyone who is not concerned about this is crazy

« Reply #304 on: July 01, 2017, 12:11:04 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I don't get how spoelstra is a draw. Terrific coach, but can't see Hayward picking him over Snyder and Stevens.

Don't buy it.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #305 on: July 01, 2017, 12:14:10 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I don't get how spoelstra is a draw. Terrific coach, but can't see Hayward picking him over Snyder and Stevens.

Don't buy it.
Stevens is not that great. He lost us games with his poor rotations and refusal to take timeouts.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #306 on: July 01, 2017, 12:14:14 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Don't buy it.

Yeah, I don't get it either.

Plus you can give credit to Miami for ending the season 30-11.

But you can't really ignore the start they had. And they didn't even make the playoffs in a "weak" East. Even the dysfunctional Bulls with Wade/Rondo/Butler managed to sneak in.

« Reply #307 on: July 01, 2017, 12:14:23 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934

Don't buy it.

Yeah, that was another reason I suspected this as fake news.

« Reply #308 on: July 01, 2017, 12:15:42 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Don't buy it.
Stevens is not that great.

I mean, I'm pretty confident if Brad Stevens had Lebron, Prime Wade and Bosh as coach, he'd win a championship too.

« Reply #309 on: July 01, 2017, 12:17:37 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Don't buy it.
Stevens is not that great. He lost us games with his poor rotations and refusal to take timeouts.
Yeah we get that you hate Stevens and too many free agents, I could see spo being an advantage but this is obviously a unique situation. Advantage Stevens by far.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #310 on: July 01, 2017, 12:20:15 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 661
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Miami's roster is not very strong. They would be a 5 or 6 seed in the East. They do not have ANY young assets...I just do not get how Miami...other than being in the East...is even better than Utah.

Boston has everything you want. Good vet/rookie balance. Tradition. Money. Assets...young coach who Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ING recruited you to Butler and won with you there.

« Reply #311 on: July 01, 2017, 12:24:19 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Those league sources are just speculating with no actual info.

It's weird how people are making Riley into this NBA super-genius.  He's a smart guy but it's like people forget it was LeBron, Wade and Bosh who really made the deal in Miami. 

Mike

« Reply #312 on: July 01, 2017, 12:29:38 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Honestly, if at this stage Miami is the favorites, then I like our chances even more. It means, if we take the news as legit as it is, that he's very willing to leave Utah.

I had that thought too.
Come Tuesday, Hayward is a Celtic.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #313 on: July 01, 2017, 12:34:03 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Pat Riley is the biggest snake in the game. He will absolutely dirty recruit against Boston and Ainge. Anyone who is not concerned about this is crazy
Could you be more specific?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #314 on: July 01, 2017, 12:34:35 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
- All three coaches are very good.
- We have no idea what GH's wife wants.
- The money is in UTA favor.
- All three locales have their plusses and minuses.
- BOS is the best team going in
- BOS has the best future picks situation in the NBA (UTA is neutral, MIA is sending 2 firsts and all 4 second rounders away in the next 4 years)
- If he's looking for THE featured scoring role (which I doubt), MIA is his best bet

I have no clue where he's going, but I'd give the edge to UTA. In any case, we've never have been the favorite to win his services despite what many here have felt.