Poll

Has your opinion on drafting Rozier changed since the Chicago series?

Drafting Rozier was the better choice before watching the series and I still feel the same way.
24 (57.1%)
Drafting Portis was the better choice before watching the series and I still feel the same way.
7 (16.7%)
Before the series I felt Rozier was the better choice, but now prefer Portis.
0 (0%)
Before the series I felt Portis was the better choice, but now prefer Rozier.
4 (9.5%)
I wasn't sure one way or the other, but now prefer Rozier.
7 (16.7%)
I wasn't sure one way or the other, but now prefer Portis.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: May 06, 2017, 12:35:18 PM

Author Topic: Has your opinion on drafting Rozier changed since the Chicago series?  (Read 2849 times)

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528
Like most people (I think), the names on draft night are pretty meaningless.  Most are guys we saw play in the tournament -- at most.   I didn't know anything about Rozier at the time, but I have really enjoyed watching him play.  I think he's going to be a solid player for a long time.  The thing I like most about how things are going this post-season is that players are increasing their trade value.  Of course I know nothing about what is in the heads of NBA GMs, but I'd guess that TR has advanced from a throw-in to a sweetener.

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
I got a lot of hate for being on the Rozier bandwagon. I'm tired of being right.

Im sure the smugness had nothing to do with it.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I got a lot of hate for being on the Rozier bandwagon. I'm tired of being right.

werent always on the bandwagon lol
He also drafted Rozier, who hasn't done anything, Hunter, and Mickey. Maybe Mickey will be decent...The rest haven't done anything. And TBH, both Rozier and Hunter are older rookies so they should make an impact their first year. In my experience, you can usually tell if someone is good their rookie year. I mean it's not like this current roster is stacked. There is an open window for Rozier and Hunter. Both had chances, and both sucked.
then you hopped way onto the bandwagon and said he could leapfrog Smart this year.
then we hopped back off the bandwagon
I was wrong about Rozier this year so nobody is perfect.
and now we are back on. nice.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 06:44:42 PM by Ilikesports17 »
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 601
I was frustrated with Rozier in the regular season, but didn't let me lose my faith on him.

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Our players are better than people think.

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1765
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

He also drafted Rozier, who hasn't done anything, Hunter, and Mickey. Maybe Mickey will be decent...The rest haven't done anything. And TBH, both Rozier and Hunter are older rookies so they should make an impact their first year. In my experience, you can usually tell if someone is good their rookie year. I mean it's not like this current roster is stacked. There is an open window for Rozier and Hunter. Both had chances, and both sucked.
then you hopped way onto the bandwagon and said he could leapfrog Smart this year.

Dude, super-TP for the evidence. I don't have anything against tc!, but that is a pretty impressive find.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Dude, super-TP for the evidence. I don't particularly have anything against tc, but that is pretty impressive.
yeah, I should say that I think TC has solid insights etc etc, and if you wanna find me flip-flopping like a maniac, a few pages on my post history should do the trick, but I did think it was a bit funny.

Take Rozier, i was decently pleased with the pick when it happened and then i was fine with his development through his rookie year and this offseason. His play this regular season dissapointed me and I didnt expect him to touch the floor in the playoffs. His performance has been a welcome surprise, I did not see coming at all.

Im pretty sure I once posted "its only a matter of time before RJ hunter is our starting 2 full time".
Another classic would have to be when I thought we should trade #3 overall for Jahlil Okafor. Those were some good times.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
I still think Portis was a better option as a big but we all know DA does not value big men for some reason.  We have plenty of guards and Rozier is a little bit redundant. Portis on the other hand is a big who can shoot the three and rebound a little bit and is still getting better. 

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Mark Jackson has been singing his praises several times.