Author Topic: Robert Kraft Arrested for Solicitation  (Read 13193 times)

Re: Robert Kraft Arrested for Solicitation
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2019, 01:03:06 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I have a hard time fathoming why a billionaire in the public eye would do something like this.  There are a lot more discrete ways to attain the same goal.

EDIT:  From a massage parlor.  SMH. https://deadspin.com/patriots-owner-bob-kraft-charged-with-soliciting-prosti-1832807440
under the heading of "too ridiculous to believe", what's the likelihood this could actually be true?

Supposedly at least some of it's on video.

Hearing now that all of, uh, "it" is on video. Let that image swirl around your mind a lil bit.

On the less jokey side cops are also saying this massage parlor is part of a large sex trafficking ring. I'm not opposed to sex work overall but those are very rarely what we'd call consensual on the women's part.

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2019, 01:05:29 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
Wow how incredibly dumb. All arguments about morality of soliciting prostitutes aside, he can't figure out a way to pay to have women sent to his house or a hotel or wherever? Nope, let's just roll the dice on a rub-n-tug joint and hope for the best.

It's nice to get out of the house every once in a while.

I mean, when you're a billionaire just round up a bunch of strippers, confiscate the cameras and sail the yacht out into international waters.

Sounds familiar...

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2019, 01:08:12 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Tom Brady will be suspended 4 games for this. Robert Kraft will be banned from attending ALL NFL games in 2019 season. Patriots will get fined $1M, stripped of two draft picks, and begin a $5M investigation called "ProstituteGate"

And now haters will be using this as their new excuse on how the Patriots cheated in Superbowl LIII.  :(

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2019, 01:08:19 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I don't see the big deal. 2 consenting adults. Legalize it.

It looks like all he did was to an Asian massage parlor. Probably asked for some services but still. They make it seem like he operated a network
You're assuming consent.  Seven warrants were served for human trafficking.  Some of the women were apparently brought over from China with the promise of jobs and were forced into prostitution. 

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2019, 01:16:32 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Wow how incredibly dumb. All arguments about morality of soliciting prostitutes aside, he can't figure out a way to pay to have women sent to his house or a hotel or wherever? Nope, let's just roll the dice on a rub-n-tug joint and hope for the best.

It's nice to get out of the house every once in a while.

lol. TP

Kraft was caught on tape receiving sex acts in a massage parlor and was driven on multiple occasions to the parlor.

Does this mean we're getting a Robert Kraft sex tape?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2019, 01:17:10 PM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
To paraphrase the late great George Carlin (PG rated version of quote):

Selling is legal.
Sex (Xxxxing) is legal.
So why isn't selling sex (xxxxing) legal?

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2019, 01:19:12 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Ryan Glasspiegel

@sportsrapport

Adam Schefter just said on SportsCenter that a source told him Kraft is "not the biggest name" caught up in this sting. ...............

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2019, 01:19:29 PM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I guarantee the sleeze balls at TMZ will get hold of the video tape and release the footage/photos.

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2019, 01:23:38 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

It looks like all he did was to an Asian massage parlor. Probably asked for some services but still. They make it seem like he operated a network
You're assuming consent.  Seven warrants were served for human trafficking.  Some of the women were apparently brought over from China with the promise of jobs and were forced into prostitution. 
well, technically they're were "handed" jobs and were told not to "blow" the opportunity   8)
Joking about human trafficking and forced prostitution.  Most definitely not cool. 

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2019, 01:23:55 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Ryan Glasspiegel

@sportsrapport

Adam Schefter just said on SportsCenter that a source told him Kraft is "not the biggest name" caught up in this sting. ...............
people who frequent those places may like to do it as a 'fun' friends outing and you know Kraft IS friends with this guy.  seems like he's setting expectations for people watching the video too. ;)

« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 04:31:06 PM by slamtheking »

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2019, 01:25:05 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
He's rich, I'm sure he'll get away with a slap on the wrist be just fine.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2019, 01:25:57 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

well, technically they're were "handed" jobs and were told not to "blow" the opportunity   8)
Joking about human trafficking and forced prostitution.  Most definitely not cool. 
wouldn't be the first time someone's thought my sense of humor was a bit warped. 

I didn't create the situation.  I don't support the situation.  a bit of wordplay isn't going to make it any better or worse

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2019, 01:35:58 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Ryan Glasspiegel

@sportsrapport

Maybe LeBron James too because he likes to go to Miami and do his PED stuff there.

But nah he'll just be protected by Silver. He's the master of colluding and sabotaging on top of being a team owner, coach, and player for an organization.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2019, 01:43:44 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

there's the red herring. So you outlaw it because a few are shipped here ? I doubt they're forced first off, that's the fiction that law enforcement gives but no one can ever prove

Second off, how was Kraft or anyone supposed to know that they're doing it against their will? Its not reasonable to assume that

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2019, 01:46:30 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
Ryan Glasspiegel

@sportsrapport

Ooh boy - given the location and general sleaziness of the situation, I'm going with Rush Limbaugh. Remember when he got busted coming back from the Dominican Republic with a bunch of unprescribed Vi-agra?