Author Topic: Antonio Brown  (Read 36361 times)

Re: Antonio Brown
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2019, 01:54:19 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Even if he isnt a rapist, the text messages / emails make clear that AB is an idiot and a creep.  How can you be a wealthy, famous, very public figure and not know better than to put some of that stuff in writing to another person, especially somebody with whom you have a *fraught* relationship, to say the least.

Arrogance and ego are strong factors I guess.

My hope now is that he never plays for the pats and I don't care that he would make them awesome.  There's enough negative aura to this team, particularly with the Kraft stuff.
I definitely get that, but I feel like after essentially dumping Thomas to make way for AB we might see him play for the Pats. Unless something else falls our way
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2019, 02:06:49 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Man a lot of these athletes are like so dumb. Make millions of dollars and can't even behave one bit. This guy is a prime example.

Pretty small percentage.  Most seem to behave very well.

« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2019, 02:26:06 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Even if he isnt a rapist, the text messages / emails make clear that AB is an idiot and a creep.  How can you be a wealthy, famous, very public figure and not know better than to put some of that stuff in writing to another person, especially somebody with whom you have a *fraught* relationship, to say the least.

My hope now is that he never plays for the pats and I don't care that he would make them awesome.  There's enough negative aura to this team, particularly with the Kraft stuff.
I definitely get that, but I feel like after essentially dumping Thomas to make way for AB we might see him play for the Pats. Unless something else falls our way

I think either don’t activate him or cut him. Maybe there is enough “morals” violation already to void the contract(?). 

Two competing principles:  innocent till proven... vs. Believe the woman.  I think you wind up keeping him out to see what emerges in the next week or so.  If she is shown to be blatantly not credible, perhaps he hangs in there.  Re: text messages... I’m not so sure how meaningful being perverse in a text is. Shaky precedent if you ask me. I’m afraid the % of people who’ve written edgy sexual things in texts might be fairly high.  If texts really lend credence to the charges (maybe they do in this case) then that’s some “evidence”. But being hyperbolic, sexually provocative or joking/lying in texts is probably not unusual. 

« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2019, 02:28:50 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I think either don’t activate him or cut him. Maybe there is enough “morals” violation already to void the contract(?). 

Two competing principles:  innocent till proven... vs. Believe the woman.  I think you wind up keeping him out to see what emerges in the next week or so.  If she is shown to be blatantly not credible, perhaps he hangs in there.  Re: text messages... I’m not so sure how meaningful being perverse in a text is. Shaky precedent if you ask me. I’m afraid the % of people who’ve written edgy sexual things in texts might be fairly high.  If texts really lend credence to the charges (maybe they do in this case) then that’s some “evidence”. But being hyperbolic, sexually provocative or joking/lying in texts is probably not unusual.
Yeah, it feels a bit useless but I really think waiting and seeing is the only way to go. With something like this it's essentially "he said she said".
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2019, 06:52:03 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Take the woman seriously makes a lot more sense than "believe the woman."  Even if Brown didn't do those things, I'm guessing he'll still be in the news in a negative way one way or another all season.  This could be like a Luke Walton situation, but Walton isn't anything like Brown as an all around person.  If the Pats prefer a lower headache/lower reward guy they should have just kept Thomas and stayed away from Brown.

« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2019, 07:01:21 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2019, 07:26:44 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Time move out of the pool house.

« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2019, 07:51:31 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

It isn't just perverse, he admitted a crime (again assuming he actually sent that text).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2019, 09:31:08 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
To be honets both sides of this seem fishy. Like if half the stuff Browns attorney alleges are true then the accuser's behavior is very strange indeed, at the same time if half the stuff she alleges are true Brown is a creep. So I don't know, as a fan I think I'd rather not have this headache and just cut him/and or never activate him. But we will see.

« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2019, 09:41:29 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Wonder if Brady pulled the offer for Brown to stay with him until he finds a place. I am sure that is just what Giselle wants around her kids, an accused rapist.

« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2019, 09:44:35 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Wonder if Brady pulled the offer for Brown to stay with him until he finds a place. I am sure that is just what Giselle wants around her kids, an accused rapist.

Yeah. Not good for Giselle’s brand, either.

Reading those texts, even if Brown is innocent, he’s still a sleazy, illiterate piece of crap.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2019, 11:11:05 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Someone referenced what the lawyer said about this woman, I didn't see that in coverage? (I am also surprised I have not seen a deadspin article on this, they usually do no holds bars takes on this stuff).

« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2019, 01:56:16 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Yeah, it feels a bit useless but I really think waiting and seeing is the only way to go. With something like this it's essentially "he said she said".

The texts and emails are a hugely significant bit of corroborating evidence here.  Not only does AB admit to some elements of the acts alleged by the trainer, but he also shows an astounding lack of judgment combined with deep lack of respect for this woman in particular and gives the impression of altogether lacking respect for women generally.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2019, 02:01:41 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Someone referenced what the lawyer said about this woman, I didn't see that in coverage? (I am also surprised I have not seen a deadspin article on this, they usually do no holds bars takes on this stuff).

« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2019, 02:59:52 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
I'll hand it to bill, the man always finds a way to exploit loopholes in league rules. Look no further than this latest story.  Currently there's no rule against having a Jedi on your team and from what I hear, AB has to be jedi master. The woman kept working with him after being assaulted not one, not 2, but 3 times. What we have here is AB has the mind tick down to a science.

In seriousness though, I was hoping this clown would get punished by the league for his actions in Oak. Now it looks like if he's punished it will be over something unrelated allowing the precedent he set to go on.
Still don't believe in Joe.