Author Topic: Shane Victorino is clutch  (Read 2485 times)

Shane Victorino is clutch
« on: August 13, 2013, 10:39:59 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I don't have the stats to prove it, but I was just thinking this afternoon that Vic seems to get timely hits, and there he goes and drives in a couple of runs in the 11th inning vs. Toronto. I do like a lot of guys on the roster this season like Vic, Napoli, Dempster. They are mid-level players playing well for this team.

If the pitching holds up and Bucholtz gets back, I like the Sox chances.

Re: Shane Victorino is clutch
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 12:06:38 AM »

Offline Big_Matt34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
Stephen Drew and Johnny Gomes have been awesome in the clutch this season as well. I'd love to see Buchholz come back in time to have 2 or 3 start before the playoffs.

Also, if they can keep getting positive production out of Middlebrooks ontop of his great defense, that will be huge. Then come September can call up Bogaerts to rotate between SS against lefties, and some 3B.

Should be a fun last month and a half, just hope Uehara can hold up physically. He has 75 k's in 55 IP, has allowed only 28 hits, and has a 0.68 WHIP, ridiculous.

Re: Shane Victorino is clutch
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 12:08:58 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
I like Victorino, and I'm really enjoying this team—lots of scrappy, hard-nosed guys in Pedroia, Ortiz, Napoli, Gomes, Ellsbury, Salty.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis