Author Topic: trading kg  (Read 6288 times)

Re: trading kg
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 10:31:04 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I would rather keep KG and have his $21 million off the books at the end of the season then resign him to a much more favorable 2 year deal.

If we could keep KG, Allen, Pierce and Rondo signed up until 2014 AND still have room for ONE max guy, couldn't that entice a Dwight Howard?

No.  I think what we've learned from these superstars hitting free agency so far is that they want to play on a team with young stars.  The ancient Big 3 and Rondo don't fit the bill.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2011, 10:31:38 PM »

Offline Ticketz

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
I'm sure that would sit well with pierce :/  ... Some of you guys panic way too easy, Kg will not get moved mid season regardless of the circumstances, Boston wouldn't entertain throwing him out there like that knowing how emotional he is... If they trade him, I'm sure pierce would want a trade this offseason, ray will be gone... Then your left with an uninspired Rondo

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2011, 10:35:53 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
How about this trade with the Magic:

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/5961788

Boston gets: Dwight Howard, Turkeyglue and Jameer

Magic get: KG, Rondo and JO

magic get out from under Turkeyglue's bad contract and get two cumulatively huge expirings and Rondo

Cs get DH and a serviceable starting pg who can shoot

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 10:39:54 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I'm sure that would sit well with pierce :/  ... Some of you guys panic way too easy, Kg will not get moved mid season regardless of the circumstances, Boston wouldn't entertain throwing him out there like that knowing how emotional he is... If they trade him, I'm sure pierce would want a trade this offseason, ray will be gone... Then your left with an uninspired Rondo
Why would we be upset if Pierce demanded a trade? It would make it much easier to move his contract which is bit of a lifetime achievement contract.

I don't see who would want KG except for teams trying to move really bad contracts paying way too much for too long to underwhelming players. We wanted to avoid that with Baby, why would we do it now?

If we are going to be bad next season, we might as well not waste money to be bad.

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2011, 10:42:00 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
How about this trade with the Magic:

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/5961788

Boston gets: Dwight Howard, Turkeyglue and Jameer

Magic get: KG, Rondo and JO

magic get out from under Turkeyglue's bad contract and get two cumulatively huge expirings and Rondo

Cs get DH and a serviceable starting pg who can shoot
I would do it. I don't see Orlando considering it.

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2011, 11:07:17 PM »

Offline Ticketz

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Why would we be upset if Pierce demanded a trade? It would make it much easier to move his contract which is bit of a lifetime achievement contract.

How old are you? He's the face of our franchise, this can easily turn into the Indiana Pacees from a few years back if we even consider trading Kg, and look how long its taken them to recover.. having tons of cap money means nothing if your going to a franchise with Rondo and a bunch of duds.. look at the bobcats

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2011, 11:27:15 PM »

Offline prov1ml34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 68
So far this season, Kg has about as much trade value as Jermaine O'Neal and keep in mind if JO had ANY value we would have David West right now.
DKC Dallas Mavericks                         
PG: Darren Collison
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Jae Crowder
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Jackie Carmichael
C: Brandan Wright/Rudy Gobert
Coach - Rick Carlisle

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2011, 12:17:20 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Would Utah take KG and picks for Al Jefferson and whatever to make contracts fit?  That way Utah could get more PT for Favors and Kanter and keep building for the future?  Clearly they dont think Jefferson and Milsap are the future if they traded for Favors and drafted Kanter.
do it

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2011, 12:23:37 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
I cannot imagine a KG trade that will bring back anyone of impact. I'd much prefer the cap space we'll get once he's off the book and I'd like him to retire a Celtic. Besides the FO seems to want the cap flexibility next offseason so I doubt they'll trade any of our expirings.

i agree - i want KG to retire a Celtic.
you'all are talking about him as if he is Jermaine O'Neil or the like.

show just a little respect for the guy that turned this franchise around 4 years ago.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 12:32:08 AM by tenn_smoothie »
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2011, 12:32:27 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders

How old are you? He's the face of our franchise, this can easily turn into the Indiana Pacees from a few years back if we even consider trading Kg, and look how long its taken them to recover.. having tons of cap money means nothing if your going to a franchise with Rondo and a bunch of duds.. look at the bobcats
He was the face of the franchise.

If the dude wants to leave, so be it. We don't need to try to appease him at this point. We gave him a generous contract but that doesn't mean we should not do the best moves possible. If he is going to complain about it at this point in his career, that is his prerogative.

Ainge built a team around Paul and got him a ring. He can either play out his contract or get with the program. I doubt Ainge forced him to have the extra years on the contract. There is no need to let him hold the team hostage if it comes to that.

There is no reason to believe that not trading KG will help use get relevant again any more than trading him in a reasonable trade. If the trade is more of a contender than we are, we look like we were actually nice to KG. I do not see why we need to be any more loyal to KG than to Ray Allen, yet most seem fine with moving Ray if we aren't competitive.

If we are competitive, I say go for it and see what happens in the playoffs. If not, Pierce will have to adjust if there are changes.