Author Topic: UPDATE: Caron Butler to Dallas, Now C's are going after Jamison (Wojo)  (Read 25004 times)

Re: UPDATE: Caron Butler to Dallas, Now C's are going after Jamison (Wojo)
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2010, 09:42:52 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
If Jamison and Mike Miller can be had for Ray Allen plus Davis or Scal, I'm on board again. Not so sure Wyc will want to pay...

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2010, 10:01:39 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 684
  • MASTER OF PANIC
if the cavs get amare or jamison...game over. keep ray and start building for next season

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2010, 10:06:13 PM »

Offline sk7326

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 24
if the cavs get amare or jamison...game over. keep ray and start building for next season

Amare is a poor fit on that team ... awful defender, has already proven he can't play with Shaq ... and he has slipped this season.  It obviously does not destroy the Cavs chances - they are the best team in the league after all - but it is a lateral move.

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2010, 10:09:58 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i think it is time for danny to think about just rebuilding for next season. keep ray and let his contract run out...make a move in the off season by reworking this team. jamison does nothing to get boston out of round 2 of the playoffs. boston is not going to win the east with ray or with jamison. just play the season out with what we have. take our early exit from the playoffs and start over

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2010, 10:16:35 PM »

Offline sk7326

• Al Horford
i think it is time for danny to think about just rebuilding for next season. keep ray and let his contract run out...make a move in the off season by reworking this team. jamison does nothing to get boston out of round 2 of the playoffs. boston is not going to win the east with ray or with jamison. just play the season out with what we have. take our early exit from the playoffs and start over

That is what might very well materialize ... but I don't mind Danny being connected to ideas - that is his job.  Ray is the most valuable chip they have cap relief wise, would be irresponsible to at least see what they could buy. 

But if they can turn Scal, Allen, Giddens that combination into a good rotation player, that is worth looking at ... this team needs some physicality in their rotation.  This team as is will not escape Round 2 ... but this team with a couple of tweaks and internal performance improvement could ...

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2010, 10:21:31 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

That is what might very well materialize ... but I don't mind Danny being connected to ideas - that is his job.  Ray is the most valuable chip they have cap relief wise, would be irresponsible to at least see what they could buy. 

But if they can turn Scal, Allen, Giddens that combination into a good rotation player, that is worth looking at ... this team needs some physicality in their rotation.  This team as is will not escape Round 2 ... but this team with a couple of tweaks and internal performance improvement could ...

i agree kicking the tires...but ray for just jamison is a bad deal. they need to purge themselves of giddens, scal, baby, eddie for a good role guy like you said. i really dont think it matters who they target..boston is not winning the east esp with the cavs about to get amare. i think you move ray for a younger guy for the future

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2010, 10:30:05 PM »

Offline sk7326

• Al Horford

i agree kicking the tires...but ray for just jamison is a bad deal. they need to purge themselves of giddens, scal, baby, eddie for a good role guy like you said. i really dont think it matters who they target..boston is not winning the east esp with the cavs about to get amare. i think you move ray for a younger guy for the future

The Cavs are the favorites because they went into LA on Xmas day and kicked the snot out of the Lakers.  They are the favorites because Shaq gives them the one thing they were missing last season - a way to defend Dwight Howard honestly.  Amare is probably a semi-lateral move for this team.  He adds nothing they are missing, he is one of the worst defensive players in the league at his position and he was a poor fit last year with Shaq.  Given the Cavs defensive oriented identity, the impact is not what it would be elsewhere ... part of what makes them a great team would slip because of having to play Amare 30 minutes a night.

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2010, 10:31:59 PM »

Offline houseonfire09

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 44
  • Thank you Eddie!
At this point, the only trade scenarios that make us better involve dumping some combination of Scal, Sheed, or Ray on WAS for Jamison, and hoping Ray gets a buyout from WAS and returns to us in a month.  If nothing gets done, I'm fine with pretending that this team is like the Spurs by slowing it down until the playoffs start.
"If David Stern ran the NHL, is there any chance his meal ticket's team would blow a Game 7 in Round 1? Put a pair of skates on Dick Bavetta!" -Bill Simmons

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2010, 10:34:59 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

The Cavs are the favorites because they went into LA on Xmas day and kicked the snot out of the Lakers.  They are the favorites because Shaq gives them the one thing they were missing last season - a way to defend Dwight Howard honestly.  Amare is probably a semi-lateral move for this team.  He adds nothing they are missing, he is one of the worst defensive players in the league at his position and he was a poor fit last year with Shaq.  Given the Cavs defensive oriented identity, the impact is not what it would be elsewhere ... part of what makes them a great team would slip because of having to play Amare 30 minutes a night.

if they can get amare for Z and wally's contract...that allows them to bring anderson and hickson off the bench. that is a great deal for the cavs....

trading ray allen for one guy in jamison is dumb. we need more than just jamison. they need to move the junk on the bench

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2010, 10:36:39 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
At this point, the only trade scenarios that make us better involve dumping some combination of Scal, Sheed, or Ray on WAS for Jamison, and hoping Ray gets a buyout from WAS and returns to us in a month.  If nothing gets done, I'm fine with pretending that this team is like the Spurs by slowing it down until the playoffs start.

they have to finish at least third and hope the hawks finish second. we really need a cavs magic second round match up and a hawks celtics second rounder

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2010, 10:39:17 PM »

Offline sk7326

• Al Horford

if they can get amare for Z and wally's contract...that allows them to bring anderson and hickson off the bench. that is a great deal for the cavs....

trading ray allen for one guy in jamison is dumb. we need more than just jamison. they need to move the junk on the bench

It could be a good deal for the Cavs - if Amare does not make them softer, which he certainly does to Phoenix's vaunted 29th ranked defense

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2010, 10:42:06 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385

Not to beat a dead horse, but Jamison can be had (salary wise) for House, TA, Scal, and J.R.  All are expiring contracts and require no other salaries in return for Washington. 

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2010, 10:43:49 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.

Not to beat a dead horse, but Jamison can be had (salary wise) for House, TA, Scal, and J.R.  All are expiring contracts and require no other salaries in return for Washington. 

and if they keep up these multiple trades (ie. taking back more than they're giving out) someone has to be cut.  hopefully it would be Eddie House and he would come back.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2010, 10:44:14 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

problem is you really hurt the bench's depth without eddie and tony...scal and giddens provide zero really. jamison gives boston in this deal with the scraps a back up to PP and i guess daniels would continue to play the PG/SG

NONE of these rumors do anything to give me hope boston can be an actual contender. none allow them to get out of the stink they are in.

i am afraid we are going to ride or die with the big 3 in the second half. i think the bench remains the same and I  dont expect much out of them really. maybe winning the atlantic. the trip out west will tell us all we need to know about if this team really can come together and maybe finish. sadly, i think it will be more of the same.....guys always hurt and gimpy....running out of energy in the third quarter and more frustration

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2010, 11:44:52 PM »

Offline CbrewEra

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • LETS GO BOSTON
Anything with Ray for Jamison is not something to go after.  In what way will subtracting Ray and adding him help us win now, or in the future.
"He trades like a drunk Texas oilman trying to impress a beautiful woman"