Author Topic: ray allen for elton brand  (Read 16521 times)

ray allen for elton brand
« on: July 06, 2008, 04:31:55 PM »

Offline DannyAinge

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
  • "IN AINGE I TRUST"
most likely the big 3 will play together in the 09 season looking to repeat
out of the three he is the extra boost that put them over the top

with the story of ray allen's dislikes with KG and PP coming out one could consider the highly unlikely but a  practical trade could be

Celtics Get: Elton Brand (signed then traded to Celts, roughly 18-20 for 4 yrs

Clippers Get:Ray Allen 18 Mil/ 2 yrs

Celts would still have cap room to sign Maggette because Posey would be gone

New lineup
C Brand
PF KG
SF Maggette    * Magette or pierce at Sf or Magette off bench as 6th man
SG Pierce
PG Rondo

I think this is unlikely but would help the defence and give a true post player to the celtics.

Tell me what you guys think

Re: ray allen for elton brand
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 04:35:53 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201

with the story of ray allen's dislikes with KG and PP coming out one could consider the highly unlikely but a  practical trade could be

Ray Allen has problems with KG and PP?

Did I 100% miss something????

Please explain, post links or anything else.  Thank you.
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 04:37:52 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Sure, I'd do it.

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 04:39:24 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70

It's an old story. Apparently there was some friction between them in practice, rumours of this, speculation about that.

Someone brought it up again this morning and - voila - suddenly Ray Allen has problems with this team.

It's fiction until proven otherwise.

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 04:40:21 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266

read the front page

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 04:48:55 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

read the front page
Front page of?

This would be a good trade for the C's -- Brand is younger and an all-star.  The question I have is why would he play center?-->he's a natural PF like KG.

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 04:59:37 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
This trade would never happen b/c
a) The clips would never do it
b) Even if the Clips wanted to do it, they couldn't financially take on Ray's contract after agreeing to sign Davis.
c) This friction business is nonsense

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 05:14:00 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Absolutely not unless someone can convince me Brand's feet are OK.

Amazing no one has raised that issue in this thread.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 05:29:33 PM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 102
"with the story of ray allen's dislikes with KG and PP coming out one could consider the highly unlikely but a  practical trade could be" Dude thats an old story from the start of the season, it didnt just come out, stop making stuff up kid.
Boston is the Greatest City in the World !!!

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 05:34:20 PM »

Offline cavman

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 12

read the front page

yeah .... that was so helpful.

I'd love to have Brand for a real inside presence and additional shotblocking.  But with Posey & House FAs, we would have no consistent outside threat to create space.  I don't want to see Paul made the 3 point threat.

But .... why would the Clippers do this deal, which obviously would have to be a sign & trade?

"The most important thing is the ability to communicate.  It's not how much you know.  It's how you communicate what you know."  Red

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 05:40:21 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I wouldn't trade Ray if he wants to stay, but if he is all for the trade i'm not at all attatched. I feel he's been a shadow of his former self, and that for a majority of the season it really has been the big 2 featuring Ray. He's obviously still capable of playing at an all-star level, but obviously not for a full season on this team.

I could see us getting Kaman in some type of package. I just get the feeling that Danny feels the Celtics need a talented white guy. I don't think we could get Brand because Ray is simply not worth that much.

Kaman would be a great fit. His ability to score on the inside and finsih would be a real good compliment to KG who prefers to roam on the perimeter & pass first offensively.

Rondo, Magette, Pierce, Garnett, Kaman. We'd have the best 3-5 in the league and it wouldn't be a soft one either(lol @ LA). Magette wouldn't be the greatest compliment to the inside game we'd have, but SG's who can hit the 3 consistently aren't that hard to find.

I wouldn't trade Ray if he wants to stay, but if he is all for the trade i'm not at all attatched. I feel he's been a shadow of his former self, and that for a majority of the season it really has been the big 2 featuring Ray. He's obviously still capable of playing at an all-star level, but obviously not for a full season on this team.

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 05:43:14 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I think Ray has been very inconsistent, and I wonder what people would be saying now if not for the miraculous game 7 vs. Cleveland showcasing PP.

However, I think Elton Brand's issues are far from worth taking a risk like this, and locking him up. If the Clips are trying to trade him, then something's probably wrong, as he opted out with purpose to resign.

Anyways, it won't happen.

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 05:56:09 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I have another theory.....do you remember early to mid season reports that Ray Allen was not happy here? It wasn't about lack of shots in the offense or any on court situations, but word leaked out of the locker room that he really didn't like Kevin Garnette's demeanor and foul language or Paul Pierce's life style and would grin and bear it for the season, but had already asked to be traded once the campaign had been concluded.

The OP isn't making this up, Celtics Stuff Live (CSL) is. Or theororizing about it whatever you want to call it. I definitely heard about Ray having trouble with Garnett, and Pierce, but not the end of season trade stuff. CSL also pointed out that there were some questionable moves that wouldn't seem so questionable if certain trades were made. Questions like why we drafted two swing men, Why are we so interested in Magette, Why haven't we been looking for Perks back up, etc.

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2008, 06:00:28 PM »

Offline TradeProposalDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 56
This trade doesn't make any sense for the Clippers anyway. They would be left with too many SG's (Mobley, Gordon, Allen). Neither of whom are tall or bulky enough to play the 3.

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2008, 06:09:06 PM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
I think this is much ado about nothing... I wouldn't make this trade anyway and find it hard to believe that the minor issues Allen may have had a while back are anything today.
Now, on to 18...