Author Topic: Mission Impossible: Trade Jamal Tinsley  (Read 10156 times)

Re: Mission Impossible: Trade Jamal Tinsley
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 04:01:15 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
OK, I`ve played with the trade machine and tried to combine several rumours. The result was a 4-way-trade. I know they rarely happen and it probably needs some tweaking, so don`t shoot me, it`s just an idea^^

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=788~831~1975~125~294~2775~250~2760~1013~1024&teams=11~11~8~11~5~7~7~7~5~7&te=&cash=

Throw in Detroit`s #1 and Cleveland`s 2009 #1 to Indiana.

Denver gets 4 starters, Cleveland gets Rip Hamilton for expirers, Detroit gets C. Anthony, and Indiana loses Granger, but gets Draft Picks and expirers for Tinsley`s and Murphy`s ugly contracts.

Why would Larry Bird do this? Give up one of his only two legit NBA players (3 with TJ), and the only one with franchise player potential, for three overpriced veterans that can't play with O'Brien?

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 04:16:25 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
OK, I`ve played with the trade machine and tried to combine several rumours. The result was a 4-way-trade. I know they rarely happen and it probably needs some tweaking, so don`t shoot me, it`s just an idea^^

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=788~831~1975~125~294~2775~250~2760~1013~1024&teams=11~11~8~11~5~7~7~7~5~7&te=&cash=

Denver gets 4 starters, Cleveland gets Rip Hamilton for expirers, Detroit gets C. Anthony, and Indiana loses Granger, but gets Draft Picks and expirers for Tinsley`s and Murphy`s ugly contracts.

Why would Larry Bird do this? Give up one of his only two legit NBA players (3 with TJ), and the only one with franchise player potential, for three overpriced veterans that can't play with O'Brien?

Danny Granger is good, but not a franchise player, imo. Heīs already 25, so thereīs noz much room for improvement. With this trade, the would have a starting five of

Camby
Smith
Draft Pick (Joe Alexander?)
Dunleavy
Ford

and millions of cap space next summer. Thatīs a playoff team in the east.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2008, 04:40:54 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300

Danny Granger is good, but not a franchise player, imo. Heīs already 25, so thereīs noz much room for improvement. With this trade, the would have a starting five of

Camby
Smith
Draft Pick (Joe Alexander?)
Dunleavy
Ford

and millions of cap space next summer. Thatīs a playoff team in the east.

I like the enthusiasm but also think there's no way in heck the pacers do this.  If those contracts (smith, camby, wally) were up in a year i think you might have something cooking, but they're not up for 3, 2, and years respectively.

Also, though dumars gets his guy in 'Melo, they are still very old (McDyss, Billups, Sheed) and basically you marginalize their only starter who still has years infront of him (prince).

a TP for the effort though

p.s.
i still like my indi-portland (and the rational) trade more, hehe.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2008, 04:49:08 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Tony Allen and Brian Scalabrine for Jamal Tinsley

The Pacers need a low post presence since JO is gone and Scal fits the description. And a Tony Allen / Danny Granger tandem looks terrific for their future.

Scal a low post presence? LOL

Anyway, I'd rather keep Scal and Tony than have Tinsley on the team.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2008, 04:58:41 PM »

Offline spelz

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 13
When I first read the title of this thread I was thinking how in the world could the Pacers trade Tinsley, and then you guys go and remind me of our old pal Mark Blount.  I guess there is always another bad contract out there to trade for if you look hard enough.  I wonder if Mark understands he is dead weight on any salary roster he is on, or if he thinks teams keep trading his contract around the league because they really like him.

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 04:50:44 PM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
Zach Randolph and Mardy Collins for Troy Murphy, Jamaal Tinsley, and Shawne Williams

Randpolph, Murphy, and Tinsley are all overpaid for 3 more years.   

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2008, 07:20:26 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Tony Allen and Brian Scalabrine for Jamal Tinsley

The Pacers need a low post presence since JO is gone and Scal fits the description. And a Tony Allen / Danny Granger tandem looks terrific for their future.

Scal a low post presence? LOL

Anyway, I'd rather keep Scal and Tony than have Tinsley on the team.

I'd rather give a roster spot to Mr. Jo Jo White than to Tinsley. Seriously, this is not a joke.

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2008, 07:28:26 PM »

Offline rajonrondo9

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 3

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2008, 09:14:53 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2008, 08:33:14 PM »

Offline Vicirus

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12
I've got one that is pretty straight forward. Tinsley is a useful player, even though he is a headcase and doesn't play more than 50 games a year. So, I think that Indy would want either a semi-useful player or a useless player with a shorter deal.

Indiana receives:
Brian Cardinal (2-yrs @ 6M)
2nd round draft pick

Minni receives:
Jamaal Tinsley (3-yrs @ 6M)

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=130~1024&teams=11~16&te=&cash=

Cardinal has a trade restriction and can't be dealt with anyone else, but I think this is pretty even. The second rounder would be a decent pick, since it is near the top of the round most likely.