Author Topic: The biggest fear the league has with the Celtics  (Read 2364 times)

Re: The biggest fear the league has with the Celtics
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2018, 05:09:32 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I can't wait to see this team all together.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2018, 05:12:07 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Keep this team together as is

ADD a shooter in the draft...Grayson Allen would be really nice off the bench. Imagine Smart. Morris, Rozier and Allen with Theis off the bench? Are you kidding me?

Allen is a guy I hate but man I think he can be an elite shooter ala Reddick and Korver off the bench.

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2018, 05:15:33 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
is that they make no moves. Danny stay put!

Irving
Brown
Hayward
Tatum
Horford

Bench: Morris, Rozier, Smart, Theis, Baynes, Ojeleye, Larkin, Yabusele, Bird, Draft Pick

I don't think any of us can comprehend how good this team is going to be next year with health. It's actually the scariest part about this team. We run back a stout defense with the ability to now score and isolate on 4 players: Irving, Hayward, Tatum, Brown. Good luck with that league. We have a 2nd unit that would be a playoff contender (Rozier, Smart, Morris, Theis, Baynes).

Just focus on the draft, health and getting this team to play together. It's that simple. This is the one offseason where we can sit back and do nothing and have no worries.

Not to bust the bubble of the topic laid down by the OP, but I think Smart is gone in a S&T.....
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2018, 05:17:26 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
is that they make no moves. Danny stay put!

Irving
Brown
Hayward
Tatum
Horford

Bench: Morris, Rozier, Smart, Theis, Baynes, Ojeleye, Larkin, Yabusele, Bird, Draft Pick

I don't think any of us can comprehend how good this team is going to be next year with health. It's actually the scariest part about this team. We run back a stout defense with the ability to now score and isolate on 4 players: Irving, Hayward, Tatum, Brown. Good luck with that league. We have a 2nd unit that would be a playoff contender (Rozier, Smart, Morris, Theis, Baynes).

Just focus on the draft, health and getting this team to play together. It's that simple. This is the one offseason where we can sit back and do nothing and have no worries.

Not to bust the bubble of the topic laid down by the OP, but I think Smart is gone in a S&T.....

I don't. Not going to be a lot of money out there this offseason. Think he stays in Boston at aroung 9 mil a season

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2018, 05:19:36 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Ainge will almost be forced to do nothing, unless Wyc breaks the bank to win a championship next year. And that's a consideration--the window may close faster than people think.

I think you take the rumor mill with a grain of salt--this is the fake news time of the year for the people who have to think of something to write. And maybe that includes chat groups. :)

The way I see it, Lebron goes back to the Cavs for his family, maybe he lures George there while the Cavs unload Love. The Cavs will certainly look different next year. Right now, the media seems to think the Sixers are better than the Celtics, even though the Celtics beat them in the playoffs without Irving or Hayward. How do you figure that? Well, the media is not exactly pro-Celtics, last time I checked.

I see the Celtics, with a healthy Kyrie and Hayward, as one of the top 3 in the NBA, with the Warriors and the Rockets. James could change that, but I doubt he will. I still think they need a tall body to clog the middle and block shots. Play some D. Baynes looked good in the playoffs, but he might get more money elsewhere and he lacks the length.

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2018, 05:22:56 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Ainge will almost be forced to do nothing, unless Wyc breaks the bank to win a championship next year. And that's a consideration--the window may close faster than people think.

I think you take the rumor mill with a grain of salt--this is the fake news time of the year for the people who have to think of something to write. And maybe that includes chat groups. :)

The way I see it, Lebron goes back to the Cavs for his family, maybe he lures George there while the Cavs unload Love. The Cavs will certainly look different next year. Right now, the media seems to think the Sixers are better than the Celtics, even though the Celtics beat them in the playoffs without Irving or Hayward. How do you figure that? Well, the media is not exactly pro-Celtics, last time I checked.

I see the Celtics, with a healthy Kyrie and Hayward, as one of the top 3 in the NBA, with the Warriors and the Rockets. James could change that, but I doubt he will. I still think they need a tall body to clog the middle and block shots. Play some D. Baynes looked good in the playoffs, but he might get more money elsewhere and he lacks the length.

If James does not go to Houston and Paul leaves, the rockets will drop to a low seed in the West...like 6, 7 or 8...I would put GS 1 and Boston 2