Author Topic: Woj predicts Gobert could get traded this off-season  (Read 10363 times)

Re: Woj predicts Gobert could get traded this off-season
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2020, 11:57:47 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
What about a Hayward for Gobert trade idea

I would like to have Gobert on the team and he can also teach Tacko how to excel in the league

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2020, 11:59:05 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Contracts not taken into account I'd love Stiefel Tower....The French Rejection...

'Reunited - and it feels so good?"

lol can anyone here imagine the ANGST from scrub Utah fans if we somehow ended up with GH AND Rudy Rude?

They still boo poor GH two years after HE left.

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2020, 12:04:22 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I would like to have Gobert on the team and he can also teach Tacko how to excel in the league
If you trade Hayward for Gobert and re-sign Gobert long term, along with Theis and Timelord as the bigs off the bench, you would not even need Tacko. Gobert/Theis/Williams would be the best center rotation in the league.

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2020, 01:07:44 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
  People don’t even know how to apologize anymore. I’d tell he can stick it. A real apology is getting across terrible remorse. He can be the cause of indirectly causing the death of someone’s dad. Humble yourself much more, dude. I’d be pleading for forgiveness and saying how stupid I was and the guilt I feel and please , please find it in your heart to forgive me if you can.”  To me that’s the manly way to apologize but people don’t usually offer that. He could privately be this way to Mitchell and his teammates but this kind of apology is OWED to everyone.
   If you can’t honestly apologize your a coward in my book. A small man.

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2020, 01:12:23 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit ridiculous Woj would post THIS literally as Gobert and Mitchell are dealing with the coronavirus? Like I know they will end up being fine, but come on...
Agreed.  Is the rift solely related to Gobert's behavior surrounding COVID-19, or have there been other issues.  If it's the former, I'm sure they can salvage it.  Gobert has come out and apologized for his mistakes.

There are other issues. In our first game against them Gobert seem frustrated that Mitchell kept missing him when he was wide open. There was a video of him getting mad I think. From what I read at SLCDunk, this has been going on for a little while now.

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2020, 01:17:16 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Gobert gets mad every single game this year. Just constant pouting when he doesn't get the ball or someone gives up an easy drive or dunk that puts him in a bad position.

The whole chemistry of the team has been off and he's been the one showing it most visibly.

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2020, 01:19:46 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I don't feel Gobert is a good fit for Brad's offensive schemes; or his defensive schemes. 

I would not trade Hayward for him.

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2020, 01:24:59 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

If you trade Hayward for Gobert and re-sign Gobert long term, along with Theis and Timelord as the bigs off the bench, you would not even need Tacko. Gobert/Theis/Williams would be the best center rotation in the league.

It won't happen, but Gobert and Smart on the same team would be amazing. We would not need much offensive output to win games with that defense.

Gobert, Tatum, Brown, Smart and Kemba would be very tough for any team to deal with.

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2020, 01:32:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

It won't happen, but Gobert and Smart on the same team would be amazing. We would not need much offensive output to win games with that defense.

Gobert, Tatum, Brown, Smart and Kemba would be very tough for any team to deal with.
I love the synergy in that unit. It seems everyone is in their natural spots. Kemba as the All-Star, scoring PG. Smart as a 3&D, 1st team All-Defense, ball handling off guard. Brown as your All-Star, two way wing. Tatum as your superstar, All-NBA big wing. Gobert as your DPOY center.

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2020, 01:32:42 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
I don't know about Gobert. He has gotten exposed multiple times in the playoffs for his inability to guard outside the paint. Brad likes players who can switch and defend multiple positions, and Gobert is definitely not that. Combine that with how much money we'll have to give him, and I don't think that's too appealing.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2020, 02:47:14 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
I'm certain that in Coach Brad Stevens' system Rudy Rude could guard outside the paint..

Dude is nimble, quick-footed, slim but strong....and LONG......seems to have GREAT hands, too...dude was catching EVERYTHING thrown his way during that All-Star game......

I think it's just a thing of him properly ADJUSTING and being taught...plus having communicative teammates on defense...who does THAT in Utah - help Rudy out on defense?

in Utah they just depend on the Big Fella to clean up their messes....and they DO have some messes...who else on that team even DEFENDS outside of O'Neal?

Spydah had better patch up whatever misgivings he has with Rudy...dude's NOT a bad fella.....not a troublemaker.

If Utah lets him go they will rue that day forever. Mark this post. Rudy Gobert is NOT a lost cause.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 03:29:38 PM by GreenFaith1819 »

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2020, 03:21:43 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
2 time DPOY center that literally stifles opponents cannot fit in our system?

Yeah okay lol.

If we can do well with Theis, I think we can manage with Gobert. I just wonder if his maturity level is up to par for championship aspirations.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2020, 03:27:01 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker

Yeah okay lol.

If we can do well with Theis, I think we can manage with Gobert. I just wonder if his maturity level is up to par for championship aspirations.
He definitely stifled those Rockets teams that exposed him lol.

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2020, 03:31:06 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Yeah okay lol.

That's just one game.

Muscle Flexbrook is a LOAD for just about ANYONE to guard - just ask BOS recently........

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2020, 03:32:40 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker

Yeah okay lol.

That's just one game.

Muscle Flexbrook is a LOAD for just about ANYONE to guard - just ask BOS recently........
I'm talking about the playoffs against the Rockets. Chris Paul and James Harden were constantly attacking Gobert on the pick-and-roll, and Gobert looked like a fish out of water.