3 (2%)
MIL in 5
9 (6.1%)
MIL in 6
21 (14.2%)
MIL in 7
14 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Author Topic: Poll: Celtics-Bucks Series Prediction  (Read 20278 times)

Re: Poll: Celtics-Bucks Series Prediction
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2019, 09:42:43 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
You mean Celtics-Pistons right?

« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2019, 09:57:55 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
You mean Celtics-Pistons right?

BAM!

TP

« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2019, 10:01:26 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Yeah this feels a whole lot like Cavs/Celtics 2010 Playoff series.

My mind says Bucks in 5.
My heart says Celtics in 6.

And then I know the Celtics will somehow get screwed in the NBA Finals in Game 7 with a 21-4 free throw disparity in the 4th quarter.

Never listen to the voices in your head.

« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2019, 10:04:02 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I'm starting to question who actually watches our games on here. Like seriously, people still want Robert Williams to get actual playing time? In the playoffs, no less? The dude is no where close to being ready to contribute. He'll get destroyed if we play him.

Why exactly is the dude nowhere near ready to contribute? Are you afraid of him blowing a defensive assignment? Everybody on the team blows defensive assignments. Are you afraid of him not knowing the playbook? If he didn't know that he would be in the G League. This dude is better than both Theis and Baynes by a very large margin. His shot blocking is elite. Baynes and Theis are both mediocre in every aspect of the game.

Compared to Timelord, Semi and even Yabusele are better options for spot minutes in this matchup imo

« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2019, 10:13:02 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
i have no idea.  i sill give it tl the bucks in 6 though.  they just have played better tighter bball for the year.   

« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2019, 10:15:32 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
i have no idea.  i sill give it tl the bucks in 6 though.  they just have played better tighter bball for the year.

If the games are close and the Bucks don't go to the line 40 times a game, I really like The Celtics chances.

« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2019, 10:16:51 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Timelord has the worst net rating on the team by a huge margin because he doesn't know where to go on offense or defense. Just consistently in the wrong place and we bleed points on both ends when he's on the court.

He'll only play in an blowout or an emergency.

« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2019, 10:22:13 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I'm starting to question who actually watches our games on here. Like seriously, people still want Robert Williams to get actual playing time? In the playoffs, no less? The dude is no where close to being ready to contribute. He'll get destroyed if we play him.

Why exactly is the dude nowhere near ready to contribute? Are you afraid of him blowing a defensive assignment? Everybody on the team blows defensive assignments. Are you afraid of him not knowing the playbook? If he didn't know that he would be in the G League. This dude is better than both Theis and Baynes by a very large margin. His shot blocking is elite. Baynes and Theis are both mediocre in every aspect of the game.

As far as physicality goes Williams is nowhere near that of Baynes. Nowhere.

While Baynes is not an exceptional NBA talent, he does play strong positional defense. He allows Horford freedom to think about other things besides the "bull work." The blown defensive assignments you talk about generally show up in the final score where a 4 or 6 point swing is critical. 

« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2019, 10:26:39 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Timelord has the worst net rating on the team by a huge margin because he doesn't know where to go on offense or defense. Just consistently in the wrong place and we bleed points on both ends when he's on the court.

I think it is because they keep trying to throw him lobs that end up being dunks at the other end.

I would tell the team not to throw him lobs.

« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2019, 10:28:25 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

I think it is because they keep trying to throw him lobs that end up being dunks at the other end.

I would tell the team not to throw him lobs.

They telegraph those lobs and the passes are not good. If Chris Paul was throughing TIMELORD lobs he'd be making them. Half of those passes he's lucky to even catch....

« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2019, 10:31:43 PM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14
Time to nut up or shut up bucks Celtics here we go

« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2019, 10:32:00 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I voted MIL in 6, my pick last year as well. Lol.

« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2019, 10:33:21 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

As far as physicality goes Williams is nowhere near that of Baynes. Nowhere.

While Baynes is not an exceptional NBA talent, he does play strong positional defense. He allows Horford freedom to think about other things besides the "bull work." The blown defensive assignments you talk about generally show up in the final score where a 4 or 6 point swing is critical.

Baynes has awesome fundamentals. He's a much better option at this point. TIMELORD's time will come. He is a freakish physical talent.

Glannis can foul out 4 players, with as many fouls as he gets, so TIMELORD may see some time just as a body.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 10:39:10 PM by liam »

« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2019, 10:53:08 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
The Bucks have played and beaten the Celtics on times when Horford and Baynes were out.

Let's see what it'll be like when these two are playing.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2019, 11:19:04 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
I think we’ll have to win 2 road games to take this series