Author Topic: Jalen Rose - This is Kyrie's last Season with Celtics  (Read 7595 times)

Re: Jalen Rose - This is Kyrie's last Season with Celtics
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2019, 01:39:25 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
Jalen Rose could be right with this prediction, but trust me that's what this is, a prediction. He's not saying this as a reporter and with sources to back it up.
agreed.  Nothing more than a guess.

i wish i could back this claim up with examples, but i forget the exact circumstances...all i know is that multiple times i’ve heard him say something to that effect (on his podcast or tv) and i got the impression that he has was in the know...so much that i was sure he was right ,..only for him to be completely wrong..the first couple times i thought some dynamic must’ve changed that he possibly couldn’t predict..i now realize that he is just guessing even though it’s essy to believe he has some legitimate sources.

« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2019, 03:28:34 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
If he leaves, he'll become a wanderer, just like James. A star looking for other stars around the league to make an All-star team with them, all career long. There's no legacy in that. A Zero legacy!
I'm gonna say it: NBA will become a better league in total, when James retires. I wish Kyire doesn't follow his steps.

« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2019, 03:41:51 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Jalen Rose could be right with this prediction, but trust me that's what this is, a prediction. He's not saying this as a reporter and with sources to back it up.

i wish i could back this claim up with examples, but i forget the exact circumstances...all i know is that multiple times i’ve heard him say something to that effect (on his podcast or tv) and i got the impression that he has was in the know...so much that i was sure he was right ,..only for him to be completely wrong..the first couple times i thought some dynamic must’ve changed that he possibly couldn’t predict..i now realize that he is just guessing even though it’s essy to believe he has some legitimate sources.
He also said that MJ will play 1 game in 2013/14 season,
That KD will join Harden in FA in 2016 (done deal)
and numerous other interesting, but turned out to be, going out on a limb, takes.

I like Jalen, he has sources, he is a good dude, but he does work for a firm that wants to generate interest no matter the cost.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2019, 03:51:14 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
If the Earth is flat then I think Kyrie will leave.

But if the Earth is round, why would Kyrie leave?

Kyrie would be crazy to leave.
He has everything that he wants in Boston.
I mean he wanted to be the man.
That would never happen if he played with Lebron.
So he asked to be traded.
He got his wish.
Right now he's the #1 guy in Boston.
And he has a team that's considered a contender.

What else does he want?

Money?

Celts will give him all the money he needs.

Let's just wait a few more months to know for sure.

If the Anthony Davis trade to Boston happens then you bet Kyrie will sign a max extension with the Celts.

« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2019, 04:15:08 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

and numerous other interesting, but turned out to be, going out on a limb, takes.

I like Jalen, he has sources, he is a good dude, but he does work for a firm that wants to generate interest no matter the cost.
To be fair, he called kawhi would be leaving the spurs and that this would be the last season Anthony Davis would play on the pelicans ... but I think this was speculation.  I don’t think kyrie fully knows his plan yet.  It’s going to depend on how this season goes and who we put around him.

« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2019, 06:00:54 AM »

Offline 10610786d

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
10610786D - This is Jalen Rose's last season with ESPN.

« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2019, 06:25:19 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
If C's get Davis, he is staying
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2019, 06:26:59 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
But if he leaves, we be fine without him..seems they play better without him..he may be a bad locker room guy
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2019, 07:40:39 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
10610786D - This is Jalen Rose's last season with ESPN.
A man can only dream
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2019, 07:56:42 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Jalen hates the Celtics, always has always will

« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2019, 07:59:58 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
I really like Kyrie.

But if he leaves, he leaves.
And if he leaves then dont chase Davis and instead find another center to push Horford to pf.

Smart
Hayward
Tatum
Horford
Trade.

6th brown.

More than ok with that team

« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2019, 08:20:40 AM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115

TP, I was just about to cite some of these.  And Jalen Rose didn't just say these, he said this so emphatically and egotistically it was annoying.  He 100% just tries to sound smart, so he keeps throwing things out there. 

« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2019, 04:44:34 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
First time jalen rose says something worthwhile will be the first time

Agree, but “blind squirrels” and “broken clocks””....haha! ;)

« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2019, 05:17:02 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Seeing Hayward play as well as he has the last few games gives me HOPE.

Once he continues this upward trend AND we incorporate Kyrie back into our lineup we are THEN poised for a DEEP run well into June.

GH at even 80 percent of what he was in 2016-17 gets us Banner 18. I firmly believe that.

In any event we get Banner 18 - with Kyrie playing at a near-MVP level then then it would be hard to argue against him leaving and choosing to forge his OWN path, once again.

There wouldn't be much we could say, huh?

Imagine THAT...The young man basically forces his way out from under the shadow of the best player in the NBA, shocking MANY....ends up in BOSTON...dazzles his way through the rumors, hot takes and turmoil to Banner 18...takes the team WITH him, allowing others to shine...and THEN leaves ONCE AGAIN - to go to NY.

I wouldn't hate him at all. I'd miss him but can Kyrie Andrew Irving EVER be predictable?

I'd strongly suggest WE ALL strap ourselves in, buckle up and get ready for a HECK OF a ride....

« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2019, 05:39:20 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
And why is it that we need Irving for the playoffs ?

On a side note - It has been so nice to see the ball movement the past two nites without the Dribbler.

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo