Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 342704 times)

Re: Anthony Davis trade thread(latest rumor page 202)
« Reply #3780 on: June 13, 2019, 02:04:15 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I'm fine giving up Brown, Hayward, Smart and all the picks but no to Tatum unless Davis signs an extension. Tatum should be pulled off the table if Davis is just going to be a rental. No Kyrie, no Davis, but still have Tatum in the fold i can live with that.

He's not going to sign an extension. Even if he commits verbally, he's not signing an extension. There's too much money to be made to do that.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #3781 on: June 13, 2019, 02:06:40 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
Per ESPN’s @ZachLowe_NBA, the #Bulls are willing to trade Zach LaVine to the Pels as a part of an Anthony Davis trade, in exchange for the 4th pick (and maybe more) from the #Lakers.

Because Zach LaVine really moves the needle.

It wouldn't be the worst get for NO.  He's only 24, he's a scorer, & he's under contract through '21-22.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3782 on: June 13, 2019, 02:06:49 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Per ESPN’s @ZachLowe_NBA, the #Bulls are willing to trade Zach LaVine to the Pels as a part of an Anthony Davis trade, in exchange for the 4th pick (and maybe more) from the #Lakers.

He is a pretty good scorer I’ll give him that.  Averaged 23.7 a game with decent percentages at age 23.

« Reply #3783 on: June 13, 2019, 02:06:56 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929

Apparently people online are saying he didn’t actually report this but rather speculated on it when thinking about possibilities for LA abd NOLA. I can’t verify as I didn’t actually watch/listen when he was talking about it.

« Reply #3784 on: June 13, 2019, 02:07:27 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Should the Cs make a public offer for Beal?  Brown, Smart, filler and picks should get it done.

Maybe the Wizards don't want to make a deal with the Cs based on the recent playoff history but a lot has changed in Wizardland since then.  They have finally rid themselves of the worst GM of all time, and the above offer is much better than an offer based on this year's 4th draft choice.

At the very least this may force Lakers may have to overpay for Beal, which would weaken the Lakers even further.
If I thought beal could be a full time PG I would look into that deal.

Beal
Hayward
Tatum
Horford

Then snag a big defensive center....would be interesting

I’m all aboard the Beal train. He’s a good long term player.

« Reply #3785 on: June 13, 2019, 02:11:12 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC

It wouldn't be the worst get for NO.  He's only 24, he's a scorer, & he's under contract through '21-22.

But he does not fit the perimeters of what Griffin wanted. He wanted an all star. Now we hear LaVine as an option. That is a pretty big drop.

I guess LaVine is an all star dunker.

« Reply #3786 on: June 13, 2019, 02:14:33 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be

But he does not fit the perimeters of what Griffin wanted. He wanted an all star. Now we hear LaVine as an option. That is a pretty big drop.

I mean, I consider LaVine a bit of an "empty calorie" guy but he played at a near all star level last season. 

Realistically, how many all stars are actually available to fulfill what Griffin is looking for?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3787 on: June 13, 2019, 02:19:16 PM »

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16

I mean, I consider LaVine a bit of an "empty calorie" guy but he played at a near all star level last season. 

Realistically, how many all stars are actually available to fulfill what Griffin is looking for?

I betcha Ball winds up in Chicago.

« Reply #3788 on: June 13, 2019, 02:20:15 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
Hurry up off season!!! I can't take anymore of the guessing lets just figure out who we got so we can Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. and moan about the pieces we got until the season starts!
ok fine

« Reply #3789 on: June 13, 2019, 02:22:59 PM »

Offline nyceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
Should the Cs make a public offer for Beal?  Brown, Smart, filler and picks should get it done.

Maybe the Wizards don't want to make a deal with the Cs based on the recent playoff history but a lot has changed in Wizardland since then.  They have finally rid themselves of the worst GM of all time, and the above offer is much better than an offer based on this year's 4th draft choice.

At the very least this may force Lakers may have to overpay for Beal, which would weaken the Lakers even further.
If I thought beal could be a full time PG I would look into that deal.

Beal
Hayward
Tatum
Horford

Then snag a big defensive center....would be interesting

I’m all aboard the Beal train. He’s a good long term player.

Yep - No need for Davis if we have Beal aboard.  We need another big, though.  What is being discussed as outgoing for Capela?  Can we somehow keep Tatum and get Capela and Beal?

« Reply #3790 on: June 13, 2019, 02:28:02 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
i don't see danny throwing in brown for beal.    and again, they don't have a gm and the talk on the radio down here in dc is that there shouldn't be a deal without throwing in walls salary.    beal likes it here and the team likes him.    wall is the problem.

« Reply #3791 on: June 13, 2019, 02:37:34 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Love Beal. He is Tatum's mentor and would be lovely in Boston

« Reply #3792 on: June 13, 2019, 02:40:04 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'm assuming you got this from the Howard Beck/Zach Lowe podcast? Or at least some aggregation website running with what he said on his podcast.

He was speculating, not reporting here is the quote:

"Pelicans are trying to see what the number 4 pick can fetch as far as current players in the NBA"

later in the podcast when they return to the subject

"Searching around the league for youngish good player, who'd be available for the fourth pick.... Beal is too good for that....the first name I thought of was Lavine. I think the Bulls might do that."

This is at the 1:05 ish mark on the podcast if you want to listen yourself.

Its amazing "I thought of Lavine, I think the Bulls might do that". Becomes Bulls willing to trade Lavine for the 4th pick.

« Reply #3793 on: June 13, 2019, 02:43:35 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Apparently people online are saying he didn’t actually report this but rather speculated on it when thinking about possibilities for LA abd NOLA. I can’t verify as I didn’t actually watch/listen when he was talking about it.
That is correct. They throw out a bunch of names and scenarios and basically conclude its tough to get good value for the 4th pick this draft.

Beck compares its value as being similar to the 7th or 12th pick, especially given how the salary scales higher at 4 than 12.

« Reply #3794 on: June 13, 2019, 02:47:23 PM »

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I'm fine giving up Brown, Hayward, Smart and all the picks but no to Tatum unless Davis signs an extension. Tatum should be pulled off the table if Davis is just going to be a rental. No Kyrie, no Davis, but still have Tatum in the fold i can live with that.

He's not going to sign an extension. Even if he commits verbally, he's not signing an extension. There's too much money to be made to do that.

That's fair. In that case, they can have everything they want other than Tatum or Ainge walks away. Trading Tatum for an AD that has no intention of staying past 1 season is ludicrous. If Ainge was not able to sell Kyrie on coming back, there's no way he will be able to convince AD to come back either. Ainge should just focus his efforts on trading for a point guard to replace Kyrie.