Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 342444 times)

Re: Anthony Davis trade thread(latest rumor page 202)
« Reply #3765 on: June 13, 2019, 12:49:51 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Lakers are going to have little meat left on that roster if they get AD. Going to cost them a ton.

« Reply #3766 on: June 13, 2019, 12:50:28 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
anybody around here in dc says the only way they should deal beal is if they can get rid of Walls deal.   Can't see Pelicans taking it,  but maybe the Lakers??

Beal, Ingram would be a decent haul for NO if they think Beal's open to resigning.

Yeah, if Lakers could absorb Wall's salary in the deal, could definitely see the Wiz being interested in getting involved.  They get 4th pick and Kuzma, Beal goes to Pels, and Lakers get Wall and AD. Not sure if that works salary cap wise, though. Wall's contract a monster.

« Reply #3767 on: June 13, 2019, 12:54:31 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Fletcher Mackel
@FletcherWDSU
·
8m
NBA source tells me the “All-Star player” being referenced when talking about Anthony Davis/Lakers scenarios and using the #4 pick to get NOLA a veteran is Bradley Beal.
Pelicans want him in 3-team deal with LA.
@FearTheBrown
 was first to report Beal as Pels target.
@wdsu

Not sure if this means the Pelicans said use your 4th pick to get us Beal and we have a deal or if the Wizards and lakers are discussing. 

Also, at the moment I'm not sure the Wizards have a GM.

I don’t see why the Wiz would prefer the Lakers assets instead of ours in a 3 team deal.

« Reply #3768 on: June 13, 2019, 01:00:18 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929

Fletcher Mackel
@FletcherWDSU
·
8m
NBA source tells me the “All-Star player” being referenced when talking about Anthony Davis/Lakers scenarios and using the #4 pick to get NOLA a veteran is Bradley Beal.
@FearTheBrown
@wdsu

Not sure if this means the Pelicans said use your 4th pick to get us Beal and we have a deal or if the Wizards and lakers are discussing.

No way in the world is the 4 pick worth Beal.

Yeah I can't imagine Washington having interest in parting with Beal for whatever the Lakers are likely to offer.

I interpret that to mean the Pelicans need the Lakers to find a way to get Beal in the deal in order to make it happen.  The Pelicans are not interested in doing a two team deal with the Lakers. 

That makes sense -- the Pelicans are going to want to have a team that can be fun and reasonably competitive after trading Davis, and none of the Lakers' young players have yet shown an ability to contribute to winning basketball.

I mean, Beal is going to be in this same boat in two years. I’m not sure why NOLA would want to risk that after just going through this whole AD saga. Also don’t see Washington trading him for the 4 pick.

Also, the Lavine thing is kind of funny. I seriously doubt he’s a sticking point that NOLA is insisting on in a trade.

Further, I’m not sure I really get Griff’s whole plan here. Instead of getting as much young talent and draft compensation as possible he wants to mix it up with a win-now player just to try and be a low seed in the playoffs, if that? I understand keeping Jrue as a mentor, but you’d think he’d be preferring to build a team with young prospects that fit with Zion. Perhaps this route is forced simply due to circumstances, i.e. LA’s kids not being enough in themselves and Boston yet to offer up Tatum.

« Reply #3769 on: June 13, 2019, 01:03:11 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
Fletcher Mackel
@FletcherWDSU
·
8m
@FearTheBrown
@wdsu

Also, at the moment I'm not sure the Wizards have a GM.

I don’t see why the Wiz would prefer the Lakers assets instead of ours in a 3 team deal.

I wonder if this is just Griffin saying, we like a few of your young guys.  We have no interest in the fourth pick.  Go turn that into an all star and then we can see where we are.  Then he flips over the hour glass and says "your time begins now".

« Reply #3770 on: June 13, 2019, 01:05:12 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Any Laker offer without Kuzma is a joke. He is the only guy on that roster that would need to be included. They can keep Ingram.

« Reply #3771 on: June 13, 2019, 01:05:39 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Lakers are going to have little meat left on that roster if they get AD. Going to cost them a ton.

I mean, LeBron + AD + cap space is probably a decent enough starting point for building a contender.  Slap a few role players and vet minimum vets and that team could win 55 games if the top two guys are healthy.

I remain skeptical New Orleans is going to trade AD to the Lakers after all this.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3772 on: June 13, 2019, 01:10:12 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

I mean, LeBron + AD + cap space is probably a decent enough starting point for building a contender.  Slap a few role players and vet minimum vets and that team could win 55 games if the top two guys are healthy.

I remain skeptical New Orleans is going to trade AD to the Lakers after all this.

Jimmy Butler seems like a guy that would go to the Lakers. He loves to destroy teams much like AD, James and Rich Paul.

« Reply #3773 on: June 13, 2019, 01:35:57 PM »

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
Should the Cs make a public offer for Beal?  Brown, Smart, filler and picks should get it done.

Maybe the Wizards don't want to make a deal with the Cs based on the recent playoff history but a lot has changed in Wizardland since then.  They have finally rid themselves of the worst GM of all time, and the above offer is much better than an offer based on this year's 4th draft choice.

At the very least this may force Lakers may have to overpay for Beal, which would weaken the Lakers even further. 

« Reply #3774 on: June 13, 2019, 01:38:10 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Should the Cs make a public offer for Beal?  Brown, Smart, filler and picks should get it done.

Maybe the Wizards don't want to make a deal with the Cs based on the recent playoff history but a lot has changed in Wizardland since then.  They have finally rid themselves of the worst GM of all time, and the above offer is much better than an offer based on this year's 4th draft choice.

At the very least this may force Lakers may have to overpay for Beal, which would weaken the Lakers even further.
If I thought beal could be a full time PG I would look into that deal.

Beal
Hayward
Tatum
Horford

Then snag a big defensive center....would be interesting

« Reply #3775 on: June 13, 2019, 01:39:50 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479

me too on the bolded part.  I guess it somewhat depends on what DA offers, but there has been a lot of evidence that the Pels don't want to deal with the LAL.

« Reply #3776 on: June 13, 2019, 01:40:26 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
Saw this from a poster on RealGM:

The rumor this morning out of LA is that the Pelicans supposedly rate Kuzma the best of all the Lakers' "assets", to the point that LA could keep the fourth pick and draft Garland (a Rich Paul client) if they put Kuzma in the deal.

Again I still don't see what the big deal is about Kuzma (IF this is in fact true)

« Reply #3777 on: June 13, 2019, 01:48:22 PM »

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I'm fine giving up Brown, Hayward, Smart and all the picks but no to Tatum unless Davis signs an extension. Tatum should be pulled off the table if Davis is just going to be a rental. No Kyrie, no Davis, but still have Tatum in the fold i can live with that.

« Reply #3778 on: June 13, 2019, 01:59:39 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Per ESPN’s @ZachLowe_NBA, the #Bulls are willing to trade Zach LaVine to the Pels as a part of an Anthony Davis trade, in exchange for the 4th pick (and maybe more) from the #Lakers.

« Reply #3779 on: June 13, 2019, 02:01:59 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Per ESPN’s @ZachLowe_NBA, the #Bulls are willing to trade Zach LaVine to the Pels as a part of an Anthony Davis trade, in exchange for the 4th pick (and maybe more) from the #Lakers.

Because Zach LaVine really moves the needle.