Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 345079 times)

Re: Anthony Davis trade thread(latest rumor page 202)
« Reply #3615 on: June 12, 2019, 05:40:08 PM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1384
Stupid question...in trade discussions are we/Danny allowed to talk to AD directly to gauge his interest in re-signing or we're stuck talking to Rich Paul or just the Pels? I guess if Paul knows what's good for him he won't let us talk to AD directly will he. If Griffin knows what's good for him he probably won't want us talking to AD either  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #3616 on: June 12, 2019, 05:45:03 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Stupid question...in trade discussions are we/Danny allowed to talk to AD directly to gauge his interest in re-signing or we're stuck talking to Rich Paul or just the Pels? I guess if Paul knows what's good for him he won't let us talk to AD directly will he. If Griffin knows what's good for him he probably won't want us talking to AD either  :laugh:

I believe New Orleans has to give permission to talk to the player. Teams customarily will give permission once a trade is close to completion. Rarely do they up front.

« Reply #3617 on: June 12, 2019, 05:54:04 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Woj reiterates Davis isn't staying in Boston, yet Ainge is undeterred. Hopefully Wyc hasn't gone insane, as Ainge obviously has, and intervenes before Ainge totally guts the franchise for a player who doesn't want to be here.

Yeah and Rich Paul can join AD in helping him (and Kyrie and GH) hoist Banner 18 in Boston a year from now - with KD still recovering from his unfortunate injury and kawhi out in Clipperland with Doc Rivers............

I'd gather that Rich Paul would look awfully cool with Danny Ainge on one of those Duck Boats.
lol at you thinking Kyrie will be in Boston next year. You'd think that last year would've showed us that having players with one foot out the door creates a terrible locker room environment, not conducive to winning.

Last year wasn't all Kyrie's fault - this has been stressed by not only Marcus Smart but ALSO Danny AND Coach Stevens.

Once BOS is reloaded with AD and GH is back to near Utah levels this team will be supercharged.

Kyrie will be back.

Re: Per Woj: Celtics & Lakers have trade talks with Pelicans
« Reply #3618 on: June 12, 2019, 05:55:09 PM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
I never thought I'd be routing for LA for anything but...

« Reply #3619 on: June 12, 2019, 05:56:07 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
It’s crazy that our offer hasn’t leaked yet... based on the Lakers low ball offer, I bet Tatum hasn’t been included.

Have to believe DA is in the driver’s seat; it all depends on what he wants to give up.

« Reply #3620 on: June 12, 2019, 06:07:51 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2955
Woj reiterates Davis isn't staying in Boston, yet Ainge is undeterred. Hopefully Wyc hasn't gone insane, as Ainge obviously has, and intervenes before Ainge totally guts the franchise for a player who doesn't want to be here.

Uh, false. Woj reiterates that RICH PAUL IS THREATENING that outcome. That’s significantly different than Woj stating AD leaving as fact and set in stone.
I'm sorry, I thought Rich Paul worked for Anthony Davis. Oh, that's right, he does, which means you just spouted a bunch of nonsense.

He's not an independent running around and Davis doesn't care who's interests he represents. He speaks for Anthony Davis, whether the pro-dump it all for AD crowd likes it or not.

Are you really that naive to not understand what’s going on here, which literally goes on every single time a star gets traded? Sounds like you’ve just got blinders on and don’t want to believe it. It’s pretty obvious at this point.

AD HIMSELF has had multiple opportunities to come out and explicitly say that he will not resign in Boston, which would likely put an end to Boston’s pursuits. Yet in fact AD has said the exact opposite - that he’s not categorically opposing any team outside of NOLA. The only stuff we’ve heard about Boston has come out of secondhand reports coming from Rich Paul, and they’ve all been suspiciously timed around periods of time when the AD trade negotiations were hearing up. This highlights that these “leaks” are OBVIOUSLY strategically leaked to favor a specific trade target over another, as Paul himself said in the interview in SI today.

Sure, Davis definitely prefers to go to the Lakers. Nobody can deny that, as many players do due to the allure of LA. But there’s a reason AD himself has not come out and said he would not resign in Boston - he wants plausible deniability in the likely scenario that Boston does trade for him, as he knows he very well might re-up long-term if he is traded there if the team is successful. The only reason they are trying so hard to paint this image right now is to make themselves more overall money, let alone the fact that it may in fact be the case that neither LAL nor NYK has cap room for AD next year.

I mean, this is pretty obvious what is going on, as this is literally the MO of every agent and star that gets traded. Literally happens in some manner every single time.

« Reply #3621 on: June 12, 2019, 06:08:54 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
Funny how it's soooooo obvious that AD will sign in LA next year no matter what... and yet here are the Lakers, offering up two of their top draft picks and another #4 just to get him right now... THAT'S why I don't buy this garbage from AD's camp. If it were a forgone conclusion he'd be in purple & gold next year then they wouldn't bother to trade for him now and give up assets. Heck, trade those same assets for Mike Conley, if you know you'll sign AD! Or some other player to bring in a title. Lakers are desperate to be relevant on the court and Lebron is putting pressure on Rich Paul and the LA office to get it done.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #3622 on: June 12, 2019, 06:10:30 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Funny how it's soooooo obvious that AD will sign in LA next year no matter what... and yet here are the Lakers, offering up two of their top draft picks and another #4 just to get him right now... THAT'S why I don't buy this garbage from AD's camp. If it were a forgone conclusion he'd be in purple & gold next year then they wouldn't bother to trade for him now and give up assets. Heck, trade those same assets for Mike Conley, if you know you'll sign AD! Or some other player to bring in a title. Lakers are desperate to be relevant on the court and Lebron is putting pressure on Rich Paul and the LA office to get it done.
100% true

Money talks. Look at paul george. Everyone forgot his LA demand so easily. That wasn't even the agent. That was paul telling the world he was going to LA. what happened? Okc showed him the money that's what happened

« Reply #3623 on: June 12, 2019, 06:10:35 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Everything would have been so great if Kyrie wasnt such a epic ****bag.

Can’t disagree with this. This season wasn’t all (or even mostly) Kyrie’s fault, but his poor leadership skills certainly exacerbated the chemistry problems and was a major factor in this season being unenjoyable.

« Reply #3624 on: June 12, 2019, 06:10:38 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 684
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Very good post. If they are so sure just wait another year and get him for free.

« Reply #3625 on: June 12, 2019, 06:12:03 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1415
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Exactly. If you're that confident, keep your assets, preserve your cap space and wait. They don't want a Paul George repeat (i.e. AD ends wanting to stay) and Lebron doesn't want to waste another year.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #3626 on: June 12, 2019, 06:12:49 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I never thought I'd be routing for LA for anything but...

My dislike of LA rivals Khan's hatred of Captain Kirk....

I want to see the Lakers cry - just like Larry supposedly was happy in seeing Magic cry from - a competitive standpoint only.

Danny MUST get AD and he WILL.

« Reply #3627 on: June 12, 2019, 06:13:28 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I like AD but he can go play with Lebron and watch his wheels fall off again next year!

« Reply #3628 on: June 12, 2019, 06:13:55 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Very good post. If they are so sure just wait another year and get him for free.

If they wait, they waste another year of LeBron James.

« Reply #3629 on: June 12, 2019, 06:14:14 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
http://twitter.com/Tom_NBA/status/1138913069885792257

This really is amazing. The fact that the media doesn’t have a clear picture of what Boston is offering just highlights this organization’s professionalism.

It also demonstrates that LAL is the source of all these leaks. What a lackluster organization. They’re so lucky they live in that climate abd market, because otherwise they’re one of the worst-run organization’s in sports.