Author Topic: Who is your least favorite Celtic?  (Read 20138 times)

Re: Who is your least favorite Celtic?
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2016, 11:18:12 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
5. Jared Sullinger/Glen Davis (tie) - Fat, lazy, selfish...should I go on?

This is interesting to me. Glen Davis was many things, but lazy and selfish? He hustled his ass off, he unfailingly played hard on defense, he fought down low even though the rap on him in college was that he liked to play like a guard, and he improved his conditioning from year to year while he was in Boston.

I think it's too easy to label him that way because of his thin-skinned little brother personality.

I LOVED watching BBD play. He was never as skilled as Sullinger is, but he was a hell of a team player.

« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2016, 11:23:01 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

This is interesting to me. Glen Davis was many things, but lazy and selfish? He hustled his ass off, he unfailingly played hard on defense, he fought down low even though the rap on him in college was that he liked to play like a guard, and he improved his conditioning from year to year while he was in Boston.

I think it's too easy to label him that way because of his thin-skinned little brother personality.

I LOVED watching BBD play. He was never as skilled as Sullinger is, but he was a hell of a team player.

He never seemed to take his conditioning all too seriously.  He was also one of those players who hit his ceiling real quick & was pretty limited.

If you compare him with Leon Powe, the contrasts are pretty stark.  It's a darn shame that Powe's body betrayed him.  He was almost the antithesis of BBD.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2016, 11:27:48 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

He never seemed to take his conditioning all too seriously.  He was also one of those players who hit his ceiling real quick & was pretty limited.

If you compare him with Leon Powe, the contrasts are pretty stark.  It's a darn shame that Powe's body betrayed him.  He was almost the antithesis of BBD.

Davis could have been a lot more than he was, but didn't have the "want to" to reach his potential.  And he absolutely was a selfish player.  He may have hustled and done the little things, from time to time, but he was all about himself.  He was always complaining about his role on the team, when he had no business.

Sully is just a more talented version.  Wasted potential.

« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2016, 11:45:03 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
I hated Sam Cassell during the championship year.  He always seemed to turn the ball over and look for his own shot - which he never made. 

« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2016, 12:02:11 PM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60
  • Stuff & Things
J. O'neal, Patrick O'Bryant, Vin Baker, Sebastian Telfair, Phil Pressey, Bill Walker, and Jason Terry because he didn't meet expectations and that stupid tattoo he got.
[img width= height=]http://s7.postimg.org/jsyw5qrez/banner.jpg[/img]

« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2016, 12:45:39 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
David Lee

« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2016, 12:51:00 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Jiri Welsch

« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2016, 09:59:37 AM »

Offline AntoineWalkerShimmyShake

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
Rick Fox. Straight trash.

« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2016, 09:13:18 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
1. Vin Baker, 2. Mark Blount, 3. Jermaine O'Neal
After reading the whole thread, I think these are the only guys I truly disliked.

« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2016, 09:41:28 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Potapenko Stonehands.  How can you be that big and strong and only get five boards a game?

« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2016, 10:16:01 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Right now, easily Smart. An impressive lack of skill, frequent lapses in judgment, and all the flopping are driving me nuts.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2016, 11:08:17 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Mark Blount and Vin Baker by far.

Blount hustled his butt off for 3/4 of a season---making C's fans think they could NOT lose him---then after being rewarded---played like a big fat lazy DOG---never Once having another game like the pre-contract year.

Baker drank his way out of the league---when we really need him---he is the only player I ever remember--who missed time because of dislocated toes...jerk.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2016, 11:31:40 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Potapenko Stonehands.  How can you be that big and strong and only get five boards a game?

Haha - one of my best friends love Vitaly, but we called him, 'Paddles.'

1. Vin Baker, 2. Mark Blount, 3. Jermaine O'Neal
After reading the whole thread, I think these are the only guys I truly disliked.

It's really hard to disagree with this (and I liked Baker and O'Neal before the Cs).

« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2016, 11:33:05 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Scal.

He was embarrassing to watch.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2016, 11:35:33 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Right now, easily Smart. An impressive lack of skill, frequent lapses in judgment, and all the flopping are driving me nuts.

Really? I get the flopping part and his offense isn't as polished as it needs to be, but just sit and watch him (only him) on defense for 5-10 minutes. His timing, instincts, and overall ability to effect the game on that end are remarkable. Hating guys who hustle, especially the way Smart does, doesn't seem totally right. But everybody is entitled to their own opinion.