Author Topic: On the 'Toine vs Rondo contributions  (Read 18079 times)

Re: On the 'Toine vs Rondo contributions
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2016, 02:05:38 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Walker may not have always been in the best shape, but he pretty much night in and night out gave consistent effort.  Some nights he might go 2 for 15 and other nights 13 for 15, but he was always out there working.  There were 3 Rondo's the HOF borderline best player in the world guy, the guy looking like a solid starter, and the guy looking like he doesn't belong in the rotation.  And for Rondo, it was all about effort (not just an off night).  You could almost predict the games that HOF Rondo would show up just by looking at the schedule.  Those national tv games against the great teams, you could write Rondo in for 30-10-10, but he just as often had those 3-5-7 games where he wasn't engaged at all on either end of the floor.  In addition to the varying degrees of effort, Rondo just wasn't very likeable.  He is arrogant, stubborn, and rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.  That gets old, especially from a guy who himself isn't always giving maximum effort or even minimal effort.  Toine was likeable.  He was always having fun.  He was pretty much always trying (even if he was failing). 

There really is no question for me, it is Toine and it isn't close.  I was sad when Toine was traded, I was happy when Rondo was traded.  I think that pretty much says it all.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip