Author Topic: Who're the best/worst players/people in Celtics history?  (Read 11479 times)

Re: Who're the best/worst players/people in Celtics history?
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2014, 01:43:54 AM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Here's another vote for the loathsome Curtis Rowe.

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2014, 02:31:45 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
It's hard to choose the worst.  Over the years there have been countless players from the bottom rung of the NBA who have only played a game or two for the C's. 

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2014, 04:52:48 PM »

Offline dysgenic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
AC Earl.

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2014, 04:13:22 PM »

Offline BillRussell6

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
Vin Baker
"Concentration and mental toughness are the margins of victory." - Bill Russell

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2014, 09:14:10 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
sidney wicks and curtis rowe.....theyre the worst.  rick pitino, not far behind.

Now, You are a Celts fan who has been around and remembers - unlike the 30-somethings who talk like they have seen any Celtic history.

Rowe & Wicks - might have had the worst attitudes of all-time for the franchise. I hate the thought that they wore the Green. it was the price we paid for not paying to keep Paul Silas in Boston. losing Don Chaney and Silas to free agency - and Paul Westphal in the process - probably cost us a third title from the 70's.

Pitino did as much damage as John Y. Brown, who ironically brought us Wicks & Rowe.

Finkel shouldn't be on this list. he cared and did his best until Cowens arrived and then he served as our backup for the next title group.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2014, 09:32:21 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Kermit Washington played for us (77') and he broke Rudy Tomajonvich's face prior to us getting him and his punch is one of the most despicable acts in basketball history and one of the best sucker punches in history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgqUZ1IAA_8

Worst players I hated Vitaly and he was bad, Michael Smith was bad, Montross was bad,  Marbury was bad, AC Earl was bad,  Bimbo Coles was bad, Jerome Moiso was bad, Gerald Green was bad, Joe Forte was bad, Curtis Rowe was bad, Chris Herren was bad, Sherman Douglas was bad, Syndey Wicks was bad but to me Fab Melo was the worst and guys loved him when he was a crappy college player.

Pitino was worst GM ever and set us back for years.

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2014, 10:31:55 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
This is good but I think it should be People Players and Things:

(worst)

1)Brian Tribble(sold coke to Len Bias that night)
2)The driveway Larry Bird hurt his back on
3)Whoever stabbed Paul Pierce(almost took a legend from us)
4)KG's knee
5)Rick Patino
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 12:33:26 AM by Future Celtics Owner »

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2014, 10:55:32 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
worst person is without a doubt Rick Patino.

I hate him.

Theres an interview somewhere , a boston radio station rips him apart on an interview..

I'll look for it and post it.

He still has the guts to quote his tenure in Boston during his HOF speech. He really set back the Cs for a decade with his ineptitude and arrogance.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2014, 11:08:01 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Kermit Washington played for us (77') and he broke Rudy Tomajonvich's face prior to us getting him and his punch is one of the most despicable acts in basketball history and one of the best sucker punches in history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgqUZ1IAA_8

Worst players I hated Vitaly and he was bad, Michael Smith was bad, Montross was bad,  Marbury was bad, AC Earl was bad,  Bimbo Coles was bad, Jerome Moiso was bad, Gerald Green was bad, Joe Forte was bad, Curtis Rowe was bad, Chris Herren was bad, Sherman Douglas was bad, Syndey Wicks was bad but to me Fab Melo was the worst and guys loved him when he was a crappy college player.

Pitino was worst GM ever and set us back for years.

I don't think Marbury was bad, he was just rusty, and I honestly wish that we had resigned him for 09-10 (but I know that we'll disagree here, and that's okay).  Why give a 5'9" Nate Robinson a chance to play for us after going though a full training camp and not Marbury?  That just never made sense to me.  Steph would have been phenomenal off the bench for us in 09-10.  Plus, unlike Robinson, Marbury is a great passer and can back up both guard positions, as opposed to Nate, who, despite with his incredible athletic ability, could only be a backup point guard. 

You should watch the rest of the documentary about Kermit Washington, it's interesting.  Yes, it was a terrible moment, but you know what, I would have signed him, if we couldn't get Maurice Lucas, just to play against the Pistons ahahahahahahaha  Now that would have been fun ;D  There's no way Laimbeer, Mahorn, Rodman, Salley, and Isiah pull half of their normal crap against our guys if they knew that we had Kermit coming in off the bench (as the documentary reveals, because I wasn't born at that time, what a rebounder he was.  He would have been great to have against Rambis and Kupchak, too, ahahaha), and Greg Kite for good measure ahahahahaha.  You guys want to play football?  Fine ;D

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2014, 11:09:15 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
This is good but I think it should be People Players and Things:

(worst)

1)Brian Tribble
2)The driveway Larry Bird hurt his back on
3)Whoever stabbed Paul Pierce(almost took a legend from us)
4)KG's knee
5)Rick Patino

No Chris Wallace?

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2014, 11:09:38 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Can someone please explain how patino was so bad? He was coaching a little before I started following basketball.

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2014, 11:12:36 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
sidney wicks and curtis rowe.....theyre the worst.  rick pitino, not far behind.

Now, You are a Celts fan who has been around and remembers - unlike the 30-somethings who talk like they have seen any Celtic history.

Rowe & Wicks - might have had the worst attitudes of all-time for the franchise. I hate the thought that they wore the Green. it was the price we paid for not paying to keep Paul Silas in Boston. losing Don Chaney and Silas to free agency - and Paul Westphal in the process - probably cost us a third title from the 70's.

Pitino did as much damage as John Y. Brown, who ironically brought us Wicks & Rowe.

Finkel shouldn't be on this list. he cared and did his best until Cowens arrived and then he served as our backup for the next title group.

Hey, just because we're younger doesn't mean that some of us can't be basketball history junkies, haha.  I get your point, though.

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2014, 11:13:16 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Can someone please explain how patino was so bad? He was coaching a little before I started following basketball.

How much time you got? ;D

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2014, 11:17:19 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Rick Fox, I detest him.

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2014, 11:17:43 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Nobody responded to this post in two months!  Surprised because this list is great. I feel a need to add a few players:

Bruno Sundov - He took up the mantle of "big stiff at the end of the bench" once held by Hank Finkel. His only skill was a decent 3-point shot. His only chance was garbage time. I remember nothing else about him.

Fab Melo - Still relatively fresh in our memories, I was shocked at how inept this guy was at the game of basketball.  He couldn't shoot, couldn't defend a lick, could only rebound when the ball came right to him, had no court sense regarding positioning, never saw him set a pick, fairly unathletic, didn't even seem as if he enjoyed the game.  DA's worst draft pick ever.

Fun fact - when I was reading a story on a sports website they had another feature about the dumbest athletes in sports, and who did they use as the cover boy for their piece?  Yep, it was Fab, whose facial expression appeared to resemble that of a really dumb woodchuck ;D  Ugh.

15 Dumbest Athletes of All Time
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 01:43:39 AM by Beat LA »