Author Topic: Who're the best/worst players/people in Celtics history?  (Read 11477 times)

Who're the best/worst players/people in Celtics history?
« on: April 03, 2014, 12:12:28 PM »

Offline CLNS_Nick

• CLNS Chat Mod
  • Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
  • Founder | Co-Owner of CLNS Radio
Hi all. I rarely post in the forums so excuse me for shamelessly plugging a new column by our Celtics Beat Team manager, Larry H. Russell. We had a really fun debate last night among the staff at CLNS about who the people are in the attached poster. The poster is hilarious. Can you pick everyone out?

Anyway, please give Larry's column a read - it's awesome and we'd love your feedback.

Thanks so much for allowing me to post.  ;D

Nick

#Celtics historian @LarryHRussell of @CLNSRadio looks at the worst players/people in #Celtics History LINK: http://clnsradio.com/boston-celtics-news/item/9346-part-i-the-worst-members-of-the-boston-celtics-ever

Please check out our work at www.clnsradio.com. You can find the Celtics Post Game Podcast there & other original content about Boston sports teams. I'm also the co-host of the Pop-Culture Podcast, Beats & Eats. Follow me on Twitter - @CLNS_Nick & Facebook - www.facebook.com/nick.gelso

Re: Who're the best/worst players/people in Celtics history?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 09:46:59 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Nobody responded to this post in two months!  Surprised because this list is great. I feel a need to add a few players:

Bruno Sundov - He took up the mantle of "big stiff at the end of the bench" once held by Hank Finkel. His only skill was a decent 3-point shot. His only chance was garbage time. I remember nothing else about him.

Fab Melo - Still relatively fresh in our memories, I was shocked at how inept this guy was at the game of basketball.  He couldn't shoot, couldn't defend a lick, could only rebound when the ball came right to him, had no court sense regarding positioning, never saw him set a pick, fairly unathletic, didn't even seem as if he enjoyed the game.  DA's worst draft pick ever.

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 09:54:18 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Yea, title for the worst has to go to Fab Melo

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 09:55:14 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Nobody responded to this post in two months!  Surprised because this list is great. I feel a need to add a few players:

Bruno Sundov - He took up the mantle of "big stiff at the end of the bench" once held by Hank Finkel. His only skill was a decent 3-point shot. His only chance was garbage time. I remember nothing else about him.

Fab Melo - Still relatively fresh in our memories, I was shocked at how inept this guy was at the game of basketball.  He couldn't shoot, couldn't defend a lick, could only rebound when the ball came right to him, had no court sense regarding positioning, never saw him set a pick, fairly unathletic, didn't even seem as if he enjoyed the game.  DA's worst draft pick ever.

I read the list and am left a bit confused. Many of those players were quite decent (seriously, Antoine walker?). Also, he's way off on Raef - he was much more than a filler contract. I think that Danny had high hopes for him coming to Boston. If he was just filler for a contract, I don't think we would have taken on his huge 5 year contract (I do agree that he has a place on that list, though).

But seriously, where are the Marty Conlons and Jerome Moisos of the world?

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 10:02:10 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Worst executive/coach:  Rick Pitino - I'm still bitter about what he did to the franchise.  He made trades like he was a fantasy basketball owner and never stopped barking at the players.

Worst basketball IQ: Gerald Green - He ran around the court like a hyper-athletic chicken with its head cut off.  He's much improved now, but when he was with Boston he was the most clueless player I have ever seen.

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 11:02:13 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Worst person: Brian Tribble.

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 11:04:33 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
sidney wicks and curtis rowe.....theyre the worst.  rick pitino, not far behind.
Greg

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 11:11:19 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Worst executive/coach:  Rick Pitino - I'm still bitter about what he did to the franchise.  He made trades like he was a fantasy basketball owner and never stopped barking at the players.

Worst basketball IQ: Gerald Green - He ran around the court like a hyper-athletic chicken with its head cut off.  He's much improved now, but when he was with Boston he was the most clueless player I have ever seen.
Good choices. No one can touch Pitino for front office bull in a china shop. Green was awful with no BBIQ but he did have an amazing athleticism which, unfortunately he never utilized to become a MUCH better defender.

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 11:24:43 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Worst Celtics- Mikki Moore, Bill Walker, Gabe Pruitt, Fab Melo...LOL  :-X

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 12:35:36 AM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Worst person: Brian Tribble.
Not fair to blame him

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2014, 01:02:30 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
worst person is without a doubt Rick Patino.

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2014, 01:08:54 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas

I hate him.

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2014, 01:33:15 AM »

• Ray Allen

I hate him.

Theres an interview somewhere , a boston radio station rips him apart on an interview..

I'll look for it and post it.

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2014, 01:36:03 AM »

• Ray Allen

I hate him.

Theres an interview somewhere , a boston radio station rips him apart on an interview..

I'll look for it and post it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5MQneWVcGs

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2014, 01:37:37 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas