Author Topic: Stop Panicking Already!!!  (Read 3442 times)

Re: Stop Panicking Already!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2010, 12:27:21 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I am not really panicking till the playoffs do start because it is a whole new season. BUT I just don't see us beating anyone of the top teams.. I don't... I try and try to be optimistic about this ball club but seeing them turn the ball over, over and over is just nerve racking! Also we can't rebound worth anything. I really thought Sheed was going to help us in that department. But one guy I am really fed up with is.. Glen Davis. He just plain out sucks this year. He acts like he is something when he makes a basket but then gets burned on the other end and then goes back down and gets blocked twice and then asks for a foul. I really am getting sick of this team and the effort they put out.. Including KG I mean KG is going through an injury and all but if its that bad then take a seat your not helping your team or yourself at this point. Also where is all his passion I rarley see him pumping his chest and everything.. Thats what gets this team going and he isn't doing it... I mean anything is possible when playoffs start but this team better do something and do something soon or its going to be an early summer.

P.S. I think this team has to much pride in themselves.. To much confidence. We dump the ball to Perk then he just turns it over. Then we go back down he calls for it and then turns it over or misses a shot. Perhaps they think they are better then they really are... Sad... Just sad...

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2010, 12:48:23 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
This team can't rebound, can't shoot free throws, and turns the ball over way too much.  I think those are things to panic about.  

Today was the most embarrassing loss for the Celtics in the 22 years I've been a fan.  It may be the worst loss in franchise history.  That's quite the statement.

Getting crushed on their home court in Game 7's vs Indiana and Orlando, especially the Indy one, were more embarrassing.

My goodness that Indiana game in '05 was unwatchable.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 01:16:57 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
You believe this team will get beaten 1-4 in the first round of the playoffs this year and you're NOT panicking?  Apparently your expectations for this were much lower than mine.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2010, 08:38:34 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
This team can't rebound, can't shoot free throws, and turns the ball over way too much.  I think those are things to panic about.  

Today was the most embarrassing loss for the Celtics in the 22 years I've been a fan.  It may be the worst loss in franchise history.  That's quite the statement.

Getting crushed on their home court in Game 7's vs Indiana and Orlando, especially the Indy one, were more embarrassing.

-sw

Steve...  That game didn't hurt as bad (to me) because I hated the makeup of that particular team.  We all knew they were flawed and had no direction.  But yeah, it still hurts watching the team you love get embarrassed...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2010, 08:47:34 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 706
  • MASTER OF PANIC
really....unless this team can get out of the 4 or 5 seed...it doesn't matter. they will get beat in 5  games by the cavs in round 2

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2010, 10:23:40 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

there's two groups of panickers here, 1) this game was the final straw in an uninspired stretch 2) this game as a microcosm of itself, how does a title team lose to the worst team in the league, maybe of all time.

both have validity in your reason to panic, but what good does panicking really do?  Better approach is to look at the positives, have hope, realize this may be the swan song for this incarnation of players and hope for the best.  You or I as a fan have one respnsibility and that's to cheer the team as loud as you can.  Going nuts over regular season losses is really counterproductive and just stresses us out
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2010, 10:28:28 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

This team's turned the ball over way too much in each of the two previous seasons and cut down on the turnovers in the playoffs each year.

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2010, 03:18:23 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

-sw

Steve...  That game didn't hurt as bad (to me) because I hated the makeup of that particular team.  We all knew they were flawed and had no direction.  But yeah, it still hurts watching the team you love get embarrassed...

Absolutely, AJ, especially regarding the fact that we knew the team was fatally flawed.  But with the spark we saw that spring with 'Toine's return, the three-seed and a resounding 20-point rout in Game 1 and 31-point romp in Indy in Game 4 (plus the improbable overtime-sans-Pierce victory in Game 6), I had really convinced myself that team was more than a first-round-and-out crew, and that seventh game on its own (forgetting long-term context) was just ugly.  The Celts hardly even had the illusion of being in that one.

I felt like I had a much easier time convincing myself the green had a chance deeper into this past year's Game 7 than I did in '05.

Still, not fun times regardless, and your point is well taken.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.