Author Topic: we need this  (Read 737 times)

we need this
« on: January 07, 2009, 12:19:01 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
here's my thinking. when we look back on the Detroit Pistons of the last 5 years, we see a super talented team that basically got to the point where (after winning the Title '04) it believed that it could turn it on and off and still accomplish it's goals. and in the end didn't live up to its abilities.

now, i don't believe that this is the exact same problem here with the Cs team. I think generally speaking this team knows that the turning it on and off thing will not cut it to win another Title. But i do feel like there has been this undercurrent of explaining of sub-par play as some natural ebb and flow of the season that is somehow outside of anyone's hands. and these few losses here have unearthed it.

there are concrete reasons IMO for the recent slide and we need to start addressing them. Losses help make that happen sooner rather than later and that is what can help us not end up like those  DET teams.

and the things that need to be addressed are Turnovers and Depth. nothing new, but i think we need to start crystalizing them and hopefully rectifying them.

the real problem is that they are in one sense the same problem. Turnovers are a result of mental fatigue which is triggered by a lack of depth...so the solution may be a ways off, but at least we can acknowledge the problem so as to maybe solidify sooner what exactly needs to be done...