Author Topic: A couple of more loses to bad teams and big changes has to occur  (Read 4015 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
It has to because watching the celtics play lately i think the team chemistry has gone sour and a couple of more losses(like 3 or 4 in 6 games) and it could be to the point of no return.

Ray allen for example has been playing horrible. His defense is lackluster and doesn't fight through screens. (its just bs effort)

In addition yeah the bench is ill equipped but we still beat teams like knicks, gs and cats(horrible game even if we win) with ease using hard work.

I'm willing to take some verbal abuse from ray allen fanatics , but i think while he is still considered deadly and having one of his better years we should look into trading him for a starter and that bench guy we need.

Another choice would be to get another proper coach who has come guts

Re: A couple of more loses and a big change has to occur
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 09:30:20 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
i dont mean to ruin your reaction thread, but Paul hit the shot :D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 09:32:37 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i dont mean to ruin your reaction thread, but Paul hit the shot :D

LOL  ;D

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 09:33:47 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
we need two things, imo:

1.  a defensive minded big who can rebound and get some garbage points.

2.  a scorer who is able to create his own shot.

Re: A couple of more loses to bad teams and big changes has to occur
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 09:35:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Like i said i don't care if we win tonight. Glad pierce hit his shot but it should have been over a long time ago.

Nice defense by ray allen letting felting score that last bucket

I don't care about our offense, our defensive effort is gone

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 09:59:34 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'm not overly concerned... but I think we're about to find out what this team's true character is.   I waited for this slump all last year and it never came.  Everyone warned that if we got in a little losing streak, we'd start to see the "selfishness" of our star players and the chemistry would break down.    We're now going to find out how this team responds to defeat for the first time.  Will everything be happy/happy still?  Will they still listen to KG?  Will their "debates" become "arguments"?

Not worried about the losses... but slightly concerned about the repercussions the losses have on our untested psyche.     

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 10:00:29 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
I'm not overly concerned... but I think we're about to find out what this team's true character is.   I waited for this slump all last year and it never came.  Everyone warned that if we got in a little losing streak, we'd start to see the "selfishness" of our star players and the chemistry would break down.    We're now going to find out how this team responds to defeat for the first time.  Will everything be happy/happy still?  Will they still listen to KG?  Will their "debates" become "arguments"?

Not worried about the losses... but slightly concerned about the repercussions the losses have on our untested psyche.     

agree totally, another TP for you. wish the Celtics were as on fire as you are today.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 10:13:18 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

agree totally, another TP for you. wish the Celtics were as on fire as you are today.
We have a lot of professionals on this team.  Hopefully they respond by just becoming an even stronger unit.  We took a couple bumps in the Atlanta series and the team claimed that the experience was a huge benefit towards the eventual title. 

You kinda had to expect some kind of slump would happen with this squad as it was unlikely they could keep up the focus and intensity throughout the entire regular season.  We have seen this same thing happen with every recent non-Jordan champion.  Championship-level teams realize they are just playing a waiting game until the playoffs and they inevitably get bored and slack off during the 82 game grind.   I think this wasn't an issue for this team early, because they were chasing history and streaking teams tend to push harder to continue their streak.    Since the Laker loss and the end of the streak... it must be harder to run on the same adrenaline.  Hopefully like the Atlanta series, the team takes this experience as an opportunity to strengthen themselves and fight through the adversity.

The good news is this... one thing that seemed kinda clear last year was that the Celtics played a lot better when people were doubting them.   When people said they couldn't beat the Pistons, they proved them wrong.  When people were saying they wouldn't have the best record, they proved them wrong.  When people said the Lakers were locks for the title, they proved them wrong.   But when the Celtics were expected to blow out the Hawks... they struggled.   It's interesting that we only started struggling after we had accomplished a historical start.   Let the media bash em and say they have lost it.  It will only serve as a new motivation to fuel the Celtics.     

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 10:19:33 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
someone, hurry!! please stop me!!!

"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 10:19:57 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
we need two things, imo:

With our cap situation, I think the only way to get this is to trade 1 of the big 3.  :-X
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 10:22:53 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
I love Ray. but how about Ray Allen to the Wizards for Antoine Jamison.

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 10:23:23 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
we need two things, imo:

not just in your opinion. in everyone's opinion. i don't know how much more it can be talked about. getting kinda silly.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 10:25:12 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
I love Ray. but how about Ray Allen to the Wizards for Antoine Jamison.

I think the wizards are pretty high on jamision, and they don't really figure to be in the 2010 sweepstakes.

The wizards believe they can beat anyone with a healthy gilbert and that lineup.

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 10:25:19 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
we need two things, imo:

With our cap situation, I think the only way to get this is to trade 1 of the big 3.  :-X

ok ok bear with me---

trade Ray Allen, Scal, TA, and Giddens (because, as we all know, he is a HIGH PROFILE prospect that every team is drooling over) for Raymond Felton and Gerald Wallace. This is not reactionary. These players are clearly excellent. For reference, I cite tonight. Remember that dribbling move Felton had? He's obviously the answer.

And Gerald Wallace, wow, don't get me started. The guy can really shoot it. Remember that three he made?

Clearly Ray Allen is a cancer who wants nothing more than to bring us down from the inside. Let's ship him off before its too late!!!!!

Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 10:27:00 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
we need two things, imo:

no, guys will be bought out.

hes not talking about allstars, those are really two easy one dimensional things to grab. (and they are needed)