Author Topic: Gabe's chance tonight?  (Read 4834 times)

Re: Gabe's chance tonight?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 04:27:50 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
There are rules (3 games and only so many times?) for d league players but I'd love to see Walker up.  Gabe & Eddie get ta's sg minutes, scal backup sf minutes and give walker a look.  I think he can help us.
but since i'm not paid by the celtics to make these decisions......... :P

I think one thing they may be waiting for, before bringing back Walker or Giddens is the D-League showcase.  This week, all of the D-league teams are playing their games in Utah, summerleague style (4 games per day, Monday through Thursday). 

This is an opportunity for GMs to come and watch all of the D-league teams in person, to scout possible call ups (10 day contract start soon), as well as to scout for possible trades.

So perhaps Danny wants to leave those guys down there for the rest of this week, with the hope of stirring up a little interest for them in trades. 

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 04:34:34 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
I'd actually like to see Gabe run the second unit with Eddie House playing the 2. I know it's only preseason, but I thought Eddie looked much more comfortable doing this.

I think there are a lot of people who would like to see the same thing.  And I expect that to be the case whenever they are both out there.
In the limited meaningful minutes that they've been out there together, Eddie has been playing the 1 and Gabe the 2. I'm not sure why, but it has been that way, so I wouldn't expect that to change. It seems like a no brainer to me to put Eddie at the 2 and Gabe at the point when they're both in the game.

Like most of the people on here, I'm quickly losing the small amount of patience I've ever had with TA, and think that an upgrade at the backup shooting guard position (whether we stay in house or not to make the upgrade) is necessary.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 04:43:29 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
There are rules (3 games and only so many times?) for d league players but I'd love to see Walker up.  Gabe & Eddie get ta's sg minutes, scal backup sf minutes and give walker a look.  I think he can help us.

I think one thing they may be waiting for, before bringing back Walker or Giddens is the D-League showcase.  This week, all of the D-league teams are playing their games in Utah, summerleague style (4 games per day, Monday through Thursday). 

This is an opportunity for GMs to come and watch all of the D-league teams in person, to scout possible call ups (10 day contract start soon), as well as to scout for possible trades.

So perhaps Danny wants to leave those guys down there for the rest of this week, with the hope of stirring up a little interest for them in trades. 
good point & info
would love to be able to catch some of these games or at least box scores

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 04:47:14 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

good point & info
would love to be able to catch some of these games or at least box scores

You can watch them online.  They are playing tonight at 9:15pm and Thursday at 9:15pm.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/news/dleague_webcasts.html

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 06:21:16 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Below Boston.com just reported TA re-injured an ankle injury.  First off if TA is trying to play through an injury I'd rather sit out until he gets his ankle back to 100%.   It's obvious he needs to feel physically ok in order for him to play well.   Anyway I'd like Gabe to get some real meaningful minutes tonight as we need to find out sooner or later preferably before the trading deadline/buyout stage if he can really help us for the stretch run.  Tonight I think would be a good game as any to give him a shot as I think the Bobcats play a little small with Felton and Augustin together at times. 

Celtics guard Tony Allen will miss the game against the Charlotte Hornets tonight with a right ankle strain. Allen, injured during the Celtics' 100-88 loss to New York Sunday, could also miss the Celtics' home game against Houston Wednesday.

"I re-injured it driving into the middle when I got called for traveling," Allen said after viewing the Celtics' pre-game shootaround at the Time Warner Cable Arena Tuesday. "I tweaked it and I should have left the game but I tried to play on it. Hopefully, it will be better tomorrow."

Celtic coach Doc Rivers said the involvement of Gabe Pruitt and Brian Scalabrine would likely be increasing, regardless of Allen's status.

"We have to figure out a way to get (Scalabrine) on the floor," Rivers said. "He does a lot of good things for us."
Doc, why, WHY! would you put that stumbling blob into the rotation right now when we're having trouble. THE MAN IS USELESS. Why can't he toss POB in instead, we know what we get from Scal and it's nothing, we don't know 100% what we can get from the kid yet.

Let's see... The head coach of the defending NBA champions who was also a long term NBA starter's opinion as to the value of Scal vs. a guy whose tag name in a blog is Scalablob990 and who very likely never played much organized basketball's opinion on the guy... Hmmm... Who should I trust... So difficult...

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 06:24:15 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Celtic coach Doc Rivers said the involvement of Gabe Pruitt and Brian Scalabrine would likely be increasing, regardless of Allen's status.

"We have to figure out a way to get (Scalabrine) on the floor," Rivers said. "He does a lot of good things for us."

Me, yesterday:

Scal should play more

I predicted he’d see more playing time than people were assuming during the off-season (when supposedly the only reason for him not to be cut to make room for Miles, Pruitt , POB and the rookies was his contract).

I now think Doc should give him a place in the regular rotation. It’d help Scal and help the team.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2009/1/5/709217/thanks-for-playing-scal#

Where's that "why are you Doc Rivers?" thread? I'm building a strong case.

And "there's more than one way to skin a cat" my ass.