Author Topic: KG's Injury  (Read 1349 times)

KG's Injury
« on: January 05, 2009, 11:25:30 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
There was a tidbit in the papers the other day about how KG was sick and playing on a bum leg.

KG got hurt in the Knicks game last night, was wondering if it was a new injury or an aggravation of the older one?

Anyone got any updates on this?

Also, if KG has been playing hurt, it makes sense his numbers are down a bit, but it isn't too alarming.

If KG is further hampered by the recent injury then the need for a big man or a "bigger" man is vastly more important than adding Starbury to this team.

I know and have heard that if KG or one of Ray Allen or Paul Pierce were to get hurt that it would be "ok" cause we could plug in someone else in that spot...as for Rondo, if Rajon got hurt, we have no one to replace or plug in. (No offense Gabe Pruitt)

But I actually don't agree that we can replace KG with what we have.

Yes, Leon Powe did very well last year when KG was out with an abdominal strain, but this year seems to be a lot tougher on our team than last year. And Powe, even though he has had a pretty good season so far, he will not be able to do what he has been doing for us if KG were to go down for a significant time.

I think we really do need a Joe Smith type of guy or a PJ Brown type of player, just to have some kind of "Plan B".

And no, Patrick O'Bryant ain't the answer.

Re: KG's Injury
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 11:45:19 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Looked like a new injury (if you want to call it an injury).  From what I have gathered, KG was nursing a sore knee, but it was clear that last night he was having problems with his calf.  It actually looked just like a cramp last night to me, based on the way he was stretching it out, and the way he was able to come back...but you never know.

Re: KG's Injury
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 01:49:01 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
We're doomed.  He's out 4 months with a broken heart.  Our bench did this to him.