Author Topic: The yapping against each other has to stop  (Read 6137 times)

The yapping against each other has to stop
« on: January 05, 2009, 12:54:35 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Its ridicoulus to see when you are fighting on the court against your own team. I see on alot of occasions ray allen yapping at rondo or kg giving it to perkins(also retaliation behaviour back). This crap has to stop and no player really has the right to talk to anyone down. (should be the coaches job)

I don;t like the way rivers favours the big three and doesn't defend anyone else on the team.(this is y a coach like popovich rocks)

Don't care if we patch up our bench or start winning again , this sort of childish blaming, finger pointing within the team has to stop. I'm not especialy impressed with ray allen on a miscommucation pass giving it to Rondo last week. Today also there was several occasions of our own players yelling at each other

Horrible loss to the lowly knicks.

Re: The yapping against each other has to stop
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 12:59:32 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Its ridicoulus to see when you are fighting on the court against your own team. I see on alot of occasions ray allen yapping at rondo or kg giving it to perkins(also retaliation behaviour back). This crap has to stop and no player really has the right to talk to anyone down. (should be the coaches job)

I don;t like the way rivers favours the big three and doesn't defend anyone else on the team.(this is y a coach like popovich rocks)

Don't care if we patch up our bench or start winning again , this sort of childish blaming, finger pointing within the team has to stop. I'm not especialy impressed with ray allen on a miscommucation pass giving it to Rondo last week. Today also there was several occasions of our own players yelling at each other

How did Rivers favor the Big three tonight? I didn't see the post game but he usually doesn't throw any player under the bus.

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 01:11:28 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I missed the game. I fell asleep during a time out was really tired. Too my own surprise I wasn't too shocked when I woke up and found out we lost.  I can't comment on this game, but I can say we don't look like repeat material right now. This team seems really bored with the regular season right now. We might have lost the "Eye of the Tiger". The guys have looked tired and unmotivated, this team appearantly is too flawed for that to cut it.

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 01:36:07 AM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol

Well  at least Leon has looked pretty docile throughout all of it  :)
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 02:30:19 AM »

Offline PSquared

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
I missed the game. I fell asleep during a time out was really tired. Too my own surprise I wasn't too shocked when I woke up and found out we lost.  I can't comment on this game, but I can say we don't look like repeat material right now. This team seems really bored with the regular season right now. We might have lost the "Eye of the Tiger". The guys have looked tired and unmotivated, this team appearantly is too flawed for that to cut it.

Too bad Antoine isn't there.  The team could use someone to fire them up.....Seems like KG's "firing up" is more for his own benefit than for the team.   

(not saying that we need Antoine.....well.....actually, we do. So eat it.  :P  )

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 02:40:29 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
what just happened here?

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 05:47:53 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Is this team so bad that we need to get Starbury to help out?

Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.?

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 06:00:19 AM »

Offline Larry is Clear

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
  • Larry isn't white, Larry is clear.
I think we do need Marbury to help out, as sad as that sounds.

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 06:28:54 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Haven't seen all that much Ubuntu this year.

There I said it.

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 07:43:40 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112

There I said it.
Posey took it to NO with him :)

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 07:48:20 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

There I said it.

Yeah maybe. We miss his hugs.

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 07:57:33 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

There I said it.

Yeah maybe. We miss his hugs.
It is much harder to be the champs than just a hyped up team that made some trades.

You just have to hope they can weather the additional pressure.

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 08:08:53 AM »

Offline GreenPride

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
unfortunately every team is gonna bring their A game against the celtics, and if they don't play with emotion and intensity every night we are gonna lose some games.  i see no intensity ever since the last 2 minutes of the Laker game on Christmas day.  It's almost as if the team has nothing to play for since the 19 game winning streak ended.  We are definately hurting on the bench...i don't care what anybody says.  Say what you will but the C's need somebody who can drop us some points off the bench and give these starters a rest.  Unfortunately Marbury is the only option we have right now and honestly it isn't a bad option.  There's no reason why he can't give us 20 minutes a game and 15 points off the bench. 

And yes...whenever you see Rondo start hoisting 3 pointers you should be worried.

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 08:54:26 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
You have to give NY some credit as well.  I thought they played very well and when Harrington and Chandler are hitting everything in sight even contested shots there is only so much you can do.  It happens.   It reminded me of the Golden State game where Stephen Jackson was on fire and it was just it/their night.  Yapping at each other during a 82 game season is going to happen from time to time in a 82 game season.  As long as they continue to defend and play team ball I'm not concerned about it. 

I see the biggest need as a sparkplug offensively off the bench.  I'm warming up to the Marbury idea and make Cassell an official coach.

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2009, 09:20:29 AM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
We had a terrible shooting night, and remain in the midst of a challenging road-home-road schedule.

The fundementals of this team are solid!
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi