Author Topic: All-Star Voting  (Read 5640 times)

Re: All-Star Voting
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 06:16:12 PM »

Offline DarkAzcura

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 100
I don't think Rondo will make it, just because statistically he doesn't match up with some of the other guards in the East.  Since the Celts are likely to have three representatives no matter what, I don't think Rondo and his mediocre-looking statistics will get selected, even if he belongs.

Mediocre looking stats? Pierce's, Allen's, and Garnett's stats don't even look better then Rondo's stats unless you just look at points.

I mean so far Rondo assists more, rebounds more, and steals more then Pierce and Allen. Well actually Pierce rebounds more then Rondo, but its only .6 more per game...and I think Pierce plays like 7 more minutes.

I guess it would be a reputation thing in this case.

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 06:18:57 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
The advent of internet voting has made these all star lineups even more of a joke especially in the NBA & NHL.  Look at the NHL All Star Game starters this year.  That's all that needs to be said about the internet voting.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 06:21:46 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I don't think Rondo will make it, just because statistically he doesn't match up with some of the other guards in the East.  Since the Celts are likely to have three representatives no matter what, I don't think Rondo and his mediocre-looking statistics will get selected, even if he belongs.

Mediocre looking stats? Pierce's, Allen's, and Garnett's stats don't even look better then Rondo's stats unless you just look at points.

I mean so far Rondo assists more, rebounds more, and steals more then Pierce and Allen. Well actually Pierce rebounds more then Rondo, but its only .6 more per game...and I think Pierce plays like 7 more minutes.

I guess it would be a reputation thing in this case.

The two most looked at stats for a point guard are points and assists.  Rondo is averaging 11.1 points (23rd among point guards) and 7.7 assists (8th among point guards).  Those stats are fairly mediocre looking.  I don't think voters care very much how good a rebounder Rondo is.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 08:29:01 AM »

Offline Larry is Clear

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
  • Larry isn't white, Larry is clear.
AI and T-Mac might make it at the guard spot. That's 2 undeserving selections right there.

How can Tmac start over CP3, that's insane.

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 08:41:25 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
The advent of internet voting has made these all star lineups even more of a joke especially in the NBA & NHL.  Look at the NHL All Star Game starters this year.  That's all that needs to be said about the internet voting.

Yeah, the NHL has taken it to a new level.  4 Canadiens?  Really?

Anyways, I think the NBA should stop fan voting on the All-star game altogether, but instead allow fans to vote in all of the participants in the dunk and 3 point contest.

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2009, 08:44:59 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I like the internet voting, but I think it should be weighted. I think fans who go to games should be given comparatively a much larger say in the process.

Clearly, by the number of votes cast, fans enjoy voting on the internet for the All-Star game. It would be a shame to lose that.

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 10:43:34 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
maybe fan balloting for starters could be weighted and count for 75% versus say 25% from coaches or writers.

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2009, 11:32:01 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
AI and T-Mac might make it at the guard spot. That's 2 undeserving selections right there.

How can Tmac start over CP3, that's insane.

I think you have a lot of
Chinese people voting for
McGrady. You know, they vote
for Yao and Yinlian and then
they probably vote for the team
mates of those two. Not much you
can do about that. China is huge  :)