Author Topic: All-Star Voting  (Read 5642 times)

All-Star Voting
« on: January 04, 2009, 01:57:16 PM »

Offline chief3233

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 8
  • Bleed Green
If Rondo isn't selected to the all-star game, which looks like it very well could happen, something is VERY messed up. Especially since the chinese make a mockery of the system by voting Yi among the top of the east.
"The emblem of a warrior, it's the swagger of an athlete, a champion and dynasty, it's gifted, golden, genuine and glorious. It is a lower-case god. It's the goat. The greatest of all time. What's G? It is the heart, hustle and soul of the game."

Re: All-Star Voting
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 02:20:25 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
If Rondo isn't selected to the all-star game, which looks like it very well could happen, something is VERY messed up. Especially since the chinese make a mockery of the system by voting Yi among the top of the east.

Rondo is just in a numbers game.  Yi has nothing to do with Rondo, since they are different positions.  The real problem is that AI is likely going to be voted in. 

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 02:23:10 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Golly Gee Willikers! NOT A MOCKERY OF THE ALL-STAR GAME! ZOINKS SCOOBS, WHATEVER ARE WE GOING TO DO?

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 02:25:35 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

Rondo is just in a numbers game.  Yi has nothing to do with Rondo, since they are different positions.  The real problem is that AI is likely going to be voted in. 

AI in the All Star game this year is a joke.

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 02:44:47 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
AI and T-Mac might make it at the guard spot. That's 2 undeserving selections right there.

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 03:00:36 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285

The all-star game every year is a joke and a mockery.  I'm all for doing what baseball is doing and making it actually mean something.

As it is now, I wish our players rested through that collossal waste of time and didn't bother attending. 

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 03:11:09 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
The average fan that votes, really knows nothing about basketball. It's just a popularity contest. It would be like the Academy Awards using the MTV Movie Awards format to decide Best Picture. "The winner of the 2008 Best Picture is, Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds".

Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 03:21:53 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

As it is now, I wish our players rested through that colossal waste of time and didn't bother attending. 

My thoughts exactly.  The fewer Celtics at All-Star weekend, the happier I'll be.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 03:57:10 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Rondo wont be a starter but that doesnt mean he wont be on the bench as a reserve voted in by coaches...Only the starters are the ones selected by the fans.

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 04:43:16 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I don't think Rondo will make it, just because statistically he doesn't match up with some of the other guards in the East.  Since the Celts are likely to have three representatives no matter what, I don't think Rondo and his mediocre-looking statistics will get selected, even if he belongs.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 05:43:45 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
im confident that the coaches will get him in as a reserve.

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 05:45:42 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
I don't think Rondo will make it, just because statistically he doesn't match up with some of the other guards in the East.  Since the Celts are likely to have three representatives no matter what, I don't think Rondo and his mediocre-looking statistics will get selected, even if he belongs.

Yeah I agree, sadly.

Although, if the Pistons had 4 a few years back then we should surely have 4 this year. Tell me how Ben Wallace was more deserving than Rajon Rondo?

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009, 05:50:51 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
It has turn into a joke(All-Star game),T-Mac probably played a handful of games,and was limping in those.He is a all star from the past but not this season.The only part of All-Star weekend i find worth watching anymore is the slam-dunk contest and the three-point shooting.

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2009, 05:51:14 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

Yeah I agree, sadly.

Although, if the Pistons had 4 a few years back then we should surely have 4 this year. Tell me how Ben Wallace was more deserving than Rajon Rondo?

he won back to back defensive players of the year.

edit: he actually won 4 in 5 years.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 06:01:58 PM by xmuscularghandix »

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2009, 06:08:58 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker

Yeah I agree, sadly.

he won back to back defensive players of the year.

edit: he actually won 4 in 5 years.

So? He done nothing that season to warrant being the fourth player from one team on that Eastern squad.