Author Topic: Fultz ends season with triple-double (youngest ever)  (Read 6424 times)

Re: Fultz ends season with triple-double (youngest ever)
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2018, 03:03:27 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
It wasn't just the last game of the season that was impressive by Fultz.  He has had a number of decent games in the last couple of weeks since he came back.  I mean it is only a couple of weeks, but the case of the yips that he had seems to have been corrected.  I don't want him to be good, but he has looked good.

Everything is lining up for a future Sixer / Celtic renewed rivalry in the next few years.

I guess. He shot about 40% from field since coming back, didn't hit free throws and didn't hit a 3. Showed good ability to get to the rim and good assist to turnover ratio. Seems like we are setting the bar real low if we say he has looked good for a number one pick (his starring in this pickup game against backups not withstanding)

I said he looked good, I didn't say he was shooting a great %, or that he deserved any praise that wasn't warranted. 

Compared to how he looked early in the season, he looked good.  He was scoring, making assists, using his length and his quickness.  He looked like he belonged.  If that bar is too low for you fine.  It isn't for me.

Would you say if we had never made the trade and this was the season he had for us as a number 1 pick we would be happy as fans? Just that he looked like he belongs in the league? Semi looks like he belongs in the league.

I am happy we drafted Tatum.  I am sure every Celtic fan would be disappointed if we drafted Fultz and he had the year that he had.  But cmon, at the end of the year he has looked better than Semi, that is just a silly comparison. 

Why are you nit picking my posts?  I said I thought he looked good.  If you disagree, disagree no big deal.  Relax my friend.

I wasn't trying to nitpick your post. I really was just trying to understand what you meant. Sorry it came off differently.

no worries :)

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2018, 03:03:29 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If I never see / hear the phrase "triple double" ever again I will not mind one bit.

I'm done trying to draw any conclusions from what it means other than that a player came into contact frequently with the basketball over the course of the game.

That said, I could see Fultz becoming a valuable bench weapon for the Sixers in the playoffs and going into next year.

For the near future I think the Sixers are best served by maximizing their top lineup:

Simmons - Redick - Covington - Saric - Embiid

That group was __very__ good this year.  Their bench could use some help.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2018, 03:06:05 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
emptiest triple double ever?

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2018, 03:13:28 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
If I never see / hear the phrase "triple double" ever again I will not mind one bit.

I'm done trying to draw any conclusions from what it means other than that a player came into contact frequently with the basketball over the course of the game.

That said, I could see Fultz becoming a valuable bench weapon for the Sixers in the playoffs and going into next year.

For the near future I think the Sixers are best served by maximizing their top lineup:

Ilyasova, Bellineli , Fultz and Holmes is a decent bench now too

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2018, 04:01:27 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

phosita you realize Larkin would have probably had one if he played more in 4th last night? I think they are silly to go wild over in a regular game, when they are in glorified exhibitions against backups it is just flat out asinine.

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2018, 04:32:13 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

phosita you realize Larkin would have probably had one if he played more in 4th last night? I think they are silly to go wild over in a regular game, when they are in glorified exhibitions against backups it is just flat out asinine.

Does this mean I should wait on betting that Aron Baynes will make the HOF?

http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/sidebar/post-041118-baynes-leads-celtics-final-win-making-history-process?sf186804854=1

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2018, 04:37:16 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Does this mean I should wait on betting that Aron Baynes will make the HOF?

http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/sidebar/post-041118-baynes-leads-celtics-final-win-making-history-process?sf186804854=1

I think so. Also Alex Peters.

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2018, 04:43:33 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Can he shoot over 10feet now?
Anything else isn't important

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2018, 06:11:17 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Right now, Simmons and Fultz seem to be trading minutes. One is on, the other is off. They rarely share the floor.

I'm curious if they will be able to exist on the court together. That and health seem to be the two concerns facing Philly in the future.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2018, 06:17:43 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

The Sixers starting 5 had the best net rating of any 5 man lineup playing over 300 minutes.  That lineup had better offensive and defensive ratings than the best offensive and defensive teams (117.1 offrtg and 95.7 defrtg). 

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2018, 06:35:52 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Lots of personal bests in the last day of the season. Young guys especially. Meaningless.

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2018, 06:51:01 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Right now, Simmons and Fultz seem to be trading minutes. One is on, the other is off. They rarely share the floor.

I'm curious if they will be able to exist on the court together. That and health seem to be the two concerns facing Philly in the

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2018, 08:03:55 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

The Sixers starting 5 had the best net rating of any 5 man lineup playing over 300 minutes.  That lineup had better offensive and defensive ratings than the best offensive and defensive teams (117.1 offrtg and 95.7 defrtg).

The Sixers have a very high talent level right now but they still have to put it all together.

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2018, 09:03:35 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

The Sixers have a very high talent level right now but they still have to put it all together.
5th best regular season record and 3rd seed in the East is pretty pulled together already.  They need to make the right moves to become a true contender for the next decade.  What they do in free agency this offseason is going to be interesting and could enhance or stunt their potential. 

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2018, 09:23:05 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Lots of personal bests in the last day of the season. Young guys especially. Meaningless.

A triple double in 25 mins, as a guy who had the yips bad enough to keep him out all season, is a big deal no matter how you slice it.  If it had been Jaylen or Jayson, the forum's server would be down.  That's a flash that you expect to see from a top pick and future star. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC