Author Topic: Current Celtics roster, rank your top three in these categories  (Read 4873 times)

Re: Current Celtics roster, rank your top three in these categories
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2020, 09:22:42 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Kemba Walker is widely regarded as having one of the best handles in the league, and among the best of all time.

Yet some of you have him 2nd or 3rd on the Celtics. And almost everyone ITT has him behind a kid who may not even be worthy of an end of the bench spot. Amazing.

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2020, 10:28:24 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Kemba Walker is widely regarded as having one of the best handles in the league, and among the best of all time.

Yet some of you have him 2nd or 3rd on the Celtics. And almost everyone ITT has him behind a kid who may not even be worthy of an end of the bench spot. Amazing.

Kemba has a signature handle. Side to side crossover, stop and pop. Or finish at the rim. It looks more devasting due to Kemba quickness in the process. Similar to Ja Morant, Mitchell

But Kemba lacks creativity to get out of double teams or use handles on the spot/in tight to get off a 3 pt jump shot against a motivated defender for example

Pritchard from what we know has incredibly tight handles with either hand + creativity

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2020, 11:26:36 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
grant semi and smart are the three best defenders on this team.

also, despite my negativity,  i'm most excited about grant williams this season.  dude could end up being our 3rd most important player.   little bit of draymond feel to that guy.
Grant Williams has limitations athletically. His 3-point shot will improve, which is huge, but he's almost a finished product. He'll make some minor improvements but not to the level of D. Green. Green is also a very good/underrated almost passer. I like Grant. I think he's definitely a keeper. He already passed Semi in his role. He should get more minutes this year.

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2020, 11:32:50 AM »

Offline MickaelPietrus

• NGT
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 8
Have Payton Pritchard's family members and friends entered this forum? This is a joke. Kid might not even be in the league in a year, give me a break. Talk about bias

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2020, 11:35:15 AM »

Offline MickaelPietrus

• NGT
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 8

Honestly they are either mentally troubled, intoxicated, or part of Pritchard's entourage. Next thing you know Semi Ojeleye has the best handles on the team

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2020, 11:57:58 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

Honestly they are either mentally troubled, intoxicated, or part of Pritchard's entourage. Next thing you know Semi Ojeleye has the best handles on the team
What ??
you don’t think Nesmith is a better shooter than Curry? Lol 😂

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2020, 11:59:32 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Given the responses this seems like one of those glorify the unproven rookies thread.
So why not:
3pt %
1.Nesmith
2.Pritchard
3.Carsen

Ball handling
1.Pritchard
2.Langford
3.Carsen

Rebound
1.Tristan
2.Timelord
3.Grant Williams

Finish at the rim
1.Langford
2.Teague
3.Brown

Passing
1.Pritchard
2.G Williams
3.Tatum

Defense
1.Smart
2.Pritchard
3.Thompson

BB IQ
1.Pritchard
2.G Williams
3.Theiss

It’s absolutely amazing how our all stars and other top 40 nba players are worse in these categories compared to rookies and players with limited experience lol

No clutch shot maker list?

Pritchard cant be your 2nd best defender...he wasnt even elite level in college.  He works hard though and is physical. Kind of like a VanVleet. But not Lowry level from what I have seen/read

I mean if this kid was that good on D end plus shooting, ball handling... how in heavens did he drop to 26th?
I missed that section... my post was actually a tiny bit sarcastic if you read it lol

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2020, 12:20:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

no he doesn't. That's why nobody has him on the list

Whats next, are you going to claim/skeptical that Nesmith can't shoot, because he hasn't played a NBA game yet?   Chances are that he is going to be at least a solid shooter at the next level

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2020, 05:49:56 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Have Payton Pritchard's family members and friends entered this forum? This is a joke. Kid might not even be in the league in a year, give me a break. Talk about bias

And this is taking it at the other end of the spectrum. Pritchard is one of the more NBA ready players in this draft, whether he can immediately fulfil a role as a back-up point guard for a playoff team (as the Celtics) remains to be seen but it's highly unlikely that he's going to be a total bust.

I expect both Pritchard and Nesmith to be making a decent amount of minutes, although we know that Stevens sets the bar high defensively for rookies.

I think Aaron Holiday is a good comparison for Pritchard.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 05:58:44 PM by RodyTur10 »