Author Topic: How to fix the 76ers issues  (Read 8761 times)

Re: How to fix the 76ers issues
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2019, 03:31:23 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
how about Embiid for Tatum?
Celtics are getting the better player but Embiid might be done with the NBA in 2-3 years (foot injuries and conditioning).
Both teams solve their log jams and potentially become better.

I don't know, TBH - I'd have to have our medical staff look Embiid over thoroughly before I'd even consider such a trade..

Tatum and Brown look to dominate the NBA for the near future...I'd hate to break that up.
One thing every GM of the "competing" teams this season have to keep in mind is that the warriors are looking at a top 5 draft pick (top 2 with some ping pong luck).
Next year Curry and Thompson and Looney will come back healthy .. you add Russel; Draymond plus a top pick to that plus whoever they retain from this years team to fill up the bench and the warriors might dominate until 2025 and be unbeatable. It will be smart for some GMs (including Danny) to try and go all in this year as next year Warriors might be a 70 win team again.

I am sure that GSW will retool and be competitive again but I think the number one reason for their dominance the last few years is now in BKN with Kyrie.

Now "IF" we could ever be assured of Embiid's health I'd consider a trade for him to help us against The Lakers....

« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2019, 03:41:57 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
The Sixers are not cooked yet.  They could gel and be very difficult in the playoffs.  But I agree there
is a lack of fit generally happening, and I agree that the fit would look a lot more sparkly if either Simmons or Harris could turn into a stud guard.

Any Simmons trade will unlock better results from Tobias Harris.  So will any Horford trade, though to get the best from Harris it should be Simmons traded.  Harris could be traded but of course brings back less than Simmons.

Add or subtract picks as needed:

I don't think Ok. City would do this...but was thinking Simmons for Gallo and SGA.

Simmons for Rozier, PJ Washington and Charlotte first?  (Charlotte would not give up Graham for Simmons, as crazy as that sounds, nor should they).

If Charlotte is on crack, Simmons and salary for Graham and Marvin Williams and a Charlotte pick

Harris for Rozier and Marvin Williams

Simmons for Coby White, Chandler Hutchison

« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2019, 03:59:56 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
I don't think that team will ever unlock their true potential with both Embiid and Simmons still there. Their games don't mesh well, and since Embiid is obviously the better player, Simmons needs to go. Trade him while he's still a hot prospect.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2019, 08:45:07 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Move the team to another city?!?!

Philadelphia is a God awful place.

Thank God their football team sucks otherwise the Pats would've lost today.

« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2019, 11:38:56 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Trade Ben Simmons for Bradley Beal?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2019, 05:45:41 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Trade Ben Simmons for Bradley Beal?
That would solve many of their issues.
I feel like the Wiz will wait for an obscene offer, probably this summer.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."