Author Topic: 2015-16 EPL Season  (Read 73022 times)

Re: 2015-16 EPL Season
« Reply #255 on: December 16, 2015, 05:41:31 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Roman will have to pay the rest of JM`s contract if he fires him .... Something close to 55m ! Murinho gets ~350k per week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ranieri`s turn around after the unfortunate spell on the Greek NT bench is indeed amazing.

Leicester`s season with him and Vardy it`s a perfect movie script ....  whatever happens in May

« Reply #256 on: December 16, 2015, 10:09:24 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
Juande Ramos is supposed to be Mou`s successor .....

« Reply #257 on: December 16, 2015, 12:57:19 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Roman will have to pay the rest of JM`s contract if he fires him .... Something close to 55m ! Murinho gets ~350k per week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ranieri`s turn around after the unfortunate spell on the Greek NT bench is indeed amazing.

Leicester`s season with him and Vardy it`s a perfect movie script ....  whatever happens in May

If Mou wishes to work again during the term of his contract after being sacked again, he will have to accept a settlement with the club, maybe in the 20 million range. Still, there are FFP considerations to finagle, either way. 

« Reply #258 on: December 16, 2015, 12:58:25 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
Juande Ramos is supposed to be Mou`s successor .....

!!!

« Reply #259 on: December 17, 2015, 02:32:34 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
Just discovered that Chelsea failed to insert a standard settlement clause in Mou's new contract. 

« Reply #260 on: December 17, 2015, 09:22:19 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
It is looking more and more likely that Guardiola is heading to Man City.

Scary thought.

Man City would be amazing with Guardiola there.

« Reply #261 on: December 17, 2015, 09:50:46 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
It's official = Mourinho has been fired.

« Reply #262 on: December 17, 2015, 10:06:56 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
Roman will pay 55m euros ...... wow!

Or maybe not ! I`ve read reports that Mou wasn`t fired but it was by mutual consent.... Still i doubt it`ll will be cheap for RA
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 10:20:46 AM by ederson »

« Reply #263 on: December 17, 2015, 10:33:01 AM »

Offline AngryAndIrritable

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
Roman will pay 55m euros ...... wow!

Or maybe not ! I`ve read reports that Mou wasn`t fired but it was by mutual consent.... Still i doubt it`ll will be cheap for RA

Reported that his contract will be paid until the end of the season... Still a tidy sum.

« Reply #264 on: December 17, 2015, 10:44:53 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Knew it's going to happen, but still shocking.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34670192

Who, you're the resident Chelsea guy. Who do you want as replacement? Carlo Ancelotti doesn't have a job. Do you want Ranieri back?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 10:50:03 AM by Yoki_IsTheName »
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #265 on: December 17, 2015, 10:52:34 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
Nice times to be Guardiola  ... well to be fair it`s nice to be Guardiola in any time :D

Anceloti looks like a candidate for Bayern

It d be fun to see Ranieri who lost his job because of Mou get his revenge and sign a contract with Chelsea again. Revenge is a cold served dish !!  (can`t see it happening though)

« Reply #266 on: December 17, 2015, 10:57:55 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
Gus Hidding is the prime candidate till the end of the season .....

« Reply #267 on: December 17, 2015, 10:59:04 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Who, you're the resident Chelsea guy. Who do you want as replacement? Carlo Ancelotti doesn't have a job. Do you want Ranieri back?
Ranieri = god no. Delighted to see the back of him. 

Ancelotti would be good. Certainly better than some of other main options being mentioned. Never fully warmed up to him but he happy enough with him.

Do not want Juande Ramos.

Guus Hiddink as the interim boss again would be great. Then sign a long term coach in the summer. I like Unai Emery in Seville. That type of scenario would be my favourite. Sign an interim coach for now and find a long term manager in the summer.

I would be happy enough to take a chance on Brendan Rodgers. Mixed record at Liverpool but showed some really impressive things at times.

I still like Villas-Boas but I doubt he is an option to return. Might do better the 2nd time around without older squad members torpedoing him.

I like Prandelli too. Did a great job with Fiorentina and Italy. Pity Montella just took the Sampdoria job. He would have been a great option.

No to Frank De Boer. Unconvinced by what he is doing in Ajax.

Koeman would be a good option also but I don't think he leaves Southampton until the summer. Again, an interim coach would be great. Hiddink. Or even someone like Steve Clark (ex-Chelsea assistant manager).

« Reply #268 on: December 17, 2015, 11:34:28 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Ancelotti would be good. Certainly better than some of other main options being mentioned. Never fully warmed up to him but he happy enough with him.

Guus Hiddink as the interim boss again would be great. Then sign a long term coach in the summer. I like Unai Emery in Seville. That type of scenario would be my favourite. Sign an interim coach for now and find a long term manager in the summer.

I would be happy enough to take a chance on Brendan Rodgers. Mixed record at Liverpool but showed some really impressive things at times.

I still like Villas-Boas but I doubt he is an option to return. Might do better the 2nd time around without older squad members torpedoing him.

I like Prandelli too. Did a great job with Fiorentina and Italy. Pity Montella just took the Sampdoria job. He would have been a great option.

Koeman would be a good option also but I don't think he leaves Southampton until the summer. Again, an interim coach would be great. Hiddink. Or even someone like Steve Clark (ex-Chelsea assistant manager).

I have no idea if he's leaving Atletico Madrid, but Chelsea would be able to offer Diego Simeone a pretty good job, don't you think?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #269 on: December 17, 2015, 11:38:21 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

I have no idea if he's leaving Atletico Madrid, but Chelsea would be able to offer Diego Simeone a pretty good job, don't you think?

I can't imagine Simeone leaving Atletico at this stage. He has done a marvelous job building that team up. Their attacking play has evolved so much over last few years. Great dynamic squad. I think they are a top 5 team in Europe (PSG, Real Madrid, Bayern, Barca, Atletico) and he obviously feels an emotional connection to the club.

But if he would leave = heck, yes. I'd love Simeone.