Author Topic: 2015-16 EPL Season  (Read 72948 times)

Re: 2015-16 EPL Season
« Reply #180 on: September 19, 2015, 02:09:19 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
referee has not done City any favors at all.

« Reply #181 on: September 19, 2015, 02:26:14 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
What a goal by De Bruyne. Low and hard into the corner. De Bruyne has been impressive. I love his runs out onto the flanks and his crossing ability is magnificent. Defensive work-rate is very impressive as well.

You think he's worth that much?

I don't know. I haven't seen enough of De Bruyne. Belgium in the World Cup. That's it. I don't watch German football. He barely played for Chelsea when he was there.

I think the hype was he led Europe in assists, along with the work rate. He's what, 24? I say it's worth it if you're investing. He's a great player.

BTW, City losing is a great result for everyone, especially for Arsenal, Chelsea and United. What a shocker.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #182 on: September 19, 2015, 02:55:36 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
West Ham survived one heck of a 2nd half onslaught from City.

De Bruyne was impressive for City. Creative passer. An amazing goal threat. You could tell everyone was scared of him shooting every time he touched the ball around the box. Very different sort of attacking midfielder to David Silva. I think Silva's superior close control and link up play allows others to come into play more than De Bruyne does. De Bruyne more the center of attention and others have to play off of him. I think City would've gotten more out of Aguero, Sterling and Co. with Silva in the side.

De Bruyne would have been fantastic for Chelsea. He is the sort of creator and goal threat Chelsea need to give the team some diversity in the final 3rd. Too reliant on Eden Hazard. Annoyed that Mourinho screwed that up.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 03:00:41 PM by Who »

« Reply #183 on: September 20, 2015, 12:14:34 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
It looks like i spoke too soon about Martial.... or should i say Martian ?!!?
His second season will show what he can do but so far he looks like he the real deal

« Reply #184 on: September 20, 2015, 12:35:16 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
If Martial maxes out his potential, he could be the type of player that changes a club's silverware outlook for a decade. Of course, he could also be a flash in the pan. Pato looked phenomenal as a teenager too and well....

« Reply #185 on: September 20, 2015, 01:53:34 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
If Martial maxes out his potential, he could be the type of player that changes a club's silverware outlook for a decade. Of course, he could also be a flash in the pan. Pato looked phenomenal as a teenager too and well....

I think FIFA video game should be a great scouting tool for real clubs. They know this kid would be "an exciting prospect" and rightfully so.  ;D

In all seriousness, yeah, I agree. It's scary that he's just 19 and looks like he could lead an attacking core. His ball control is superb, for a young player, as evident by his lovely first goal. He's got a nose on the net and he's got the pace to be a threat on the counter attack as well.

He could be world class in 3 years. Sad that he's in United. This guy could have been a PERFECT Arsene Wenger project.

« Reply #186 on: September 20, 2015, 08:42:56 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
The Gabriel red card was warranted, but and elbow to the neck and a slap to the face, and chest bumped Koscielny, on the same play, was not? Not to mention scratching Gabriel in the neck.

Was a great match until the sending off. Nothing to be ashamed as Gooner, but Gabriel needs to be a bit more disciplined.

Man, Diego Costa is a scum. How he got away with just a yellow card on that sequence is beyond me.

I viewed this match.  When Gabriel received the red card and Costa only a yellow, I almost threw something at the set, I was so annoyed.  Mike Dean used to be a great ref, but I know the last couple of City matches he did he was atrocious.  Gabriel allowed himself to be punked by Costa - he's not the first, and he won't be the last. 

« Reply #187 on: September 20, 2015, 08:46:15 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
What a goal by De Bruyne. Low and hard into the corner. De Bruyne has been impressive. I love his runs out onto the flanks and his crossing ability is magnificent. Defensive work-rate is very impressive as well.

Crazy to say, but so far, YES.  He's slotted into the team seamlessly and is already directing traffic.  He will take a lot of the midfield management burden off the shoulders of Silva and Yaya.  Work-rate is very impressive, ditto for Sterling and Fernandinho.  Right now, de Bruyne and Fernandinho look like our two best players. 

« Reply #188 on: September 20, 2015, 08:50:22 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

He mugged us all match long; nevertheless, you have to find a way to overcome things like that if you want to be a truly top side.  Every club in the PL has games where it gets jobbed badly by a referee, that's life in the big time!

Wouldn't have mattered for City if we had converted another one or two of the one zillion gilt-edged scoring chances we had.  Yoki, my friend, you're not alone with Giroud et fils... :(

« Reply #189 on: September 20, 2015, 08:54:28 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

I don't know. I haven't seen enough of De Bruyne. Belgium in the World Cup. That's it. I don't watch German football. He barely played for Chelsea when he was there.

I think the hype was he led Europe in assists, along with the work rate. He's what, 24? I say it's worth it if you're investing. He's a great player.

BTW, City losing is a great result for everyone, especially for Arsenal, Chelsea and United. What a shocker.

10 goals and 20 assists in die Bundesliga last season, and 16 goals and 27 assists in all comps.  Not too shabby... :)  He plays with intelligence and commitment and his technical ability as a short and long-passer is phenomenal. 
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 09:04:24 PM by Sixth Man »

« Reply #190 on: September 20, 2015, 09:01:19 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
West Ham survived one heck of a 2nd half onslaught from City.

De Bruyne was impressive for City. Creative passer. An amazing goal threat. You could tell everyone was scared of him shooting every time he touched the ball around the box. Very different sort of attacking midfielder to David Silva. I think Silva's superior close control and link up play allows others to come into play more than De Bruyne does. De Bruyne more the center of attention and others have to play off of him. I think City would've gotten more out of Aguero, Sterling and Co. with Silva in the side.

De Bruyne would have been fantastic for Chelsea. He is the sort of creator and goal threat Chelsea need to give the team some diversity in the final 3rd. Too reliant on Eden Hazard. Annoyed that Mourinho screwed that up.

We screwed up and allowed your Chelsea to pick up the full three points on us...aaargh!  ;)  This loss to WHU is the latest example of a Man City CL disaster hangover.  Happens at least twice every season to us, so I'm annoyed, but hardly surprised.  I also believe that our terrible run of injuries so far is finally catching up to us.  Only four of our eight backliners will likely be available to play or even sit on the bench this coming Saturday.  Injuries to Fernando and Delph are also forcing Yaya and Fernandinho to play the full 90 every time out.  Kolarov and Sagna have been generally terrific, but they have also had to play every match so far. 

« Reply #191 on: September 20, 2015, 09:03:41 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

I think FIFA video game should be a great scouting tool for real clubs. They know this kid would be "an exciting prospect" and rightfully so.  ;D

In all seriousness, yeah, I agree. It's scary that he's just 19 and looks like he could lead an attacking core. His ball control is superb, for a young player, as evident by his lovely first goal. He's got a nose on the net and he's got the pace to be a threat on the counter attack as well.

He could be world class in 3 years. Sad that he's in United. This guy could have been a PERFECT Arsene Wenger project.

But you did get Sanogo, and for such a knockdown price.  No doubt another fine bit of business for Wenger & Co.  :D 

« Reply #192 on: September 20, 2015, 10:12:36 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

But you did get Sanogo, and for such a knockdown price.  No doubt another fine bit of business for Wenger & Co.  :D

Ah that's right. Totally forgot about Yaya. We did get Ryo Miyaichi too, that worked out pretty well...  ;D

« Reply #193 on: September 20, 2015, 10:15:35 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

He mugged us all match long; nevertheless, you have to find a way to overcome things like that if you want to be a truly top side.  Every club in the PL has games where it gets jobbed badly by a referee, that's life in the big time!

Wouldn't have mattered for City if we had converted another one or two of the one zillion gilt-edged scoring chances we had.  Yoki, my friend, you're not alone with Giroud et fils... :(

You know, what's up with our South American heavyweights? Aguero has 1 goal this season in all comps, Alexis has none so far (and about 4 chances hitting the post).

Is the Copa America hangover lingering with those two?

« Reply #194 on: September 22, 2015, 04:20:02 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

You know, what's up with our South American heavyweights? Aguero has 1 goal this season in all comps, Alexis has none so far (and about 4 chances hitting the post).

Is the Copa America hangover lingering with those two?

Probably so.  Every offseason in which there is a major tournament (WC, Euro, Copa, etc.) the players involved tend to have down seasons.  I should note that Serg has had some very good performances this season, but this last Saturday was definitely not one of them...