Author Topic: Trade Deadline Rumors and Deals Thread  (Read 52863 times)

Re: Trade Deadline Rumors and Deals Thread
« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2019, 01:59:45 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919
Well, hopefully Kyrie understands that we pretty much have to sit still at this deadline in order to get AD this summer, as I'm sure it could be frustrating to see our three main rivals in the East all make significant trades that (at least theoretically) make them better right now.

That said, I'm not sure how much this Gasol trade helps, as this just pushes Ibaka back to PF where he has not been great, which is not a good thing for Toronto given how much he's been a part of their success this year.

Also, Gasol looks close to toast this year, so it's not nearly as big of a move as people are making it out to be.

« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2019, 01:59:47 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
 1m1 minute ago

Toronto is planning to send Jonas Valanciunas, Delon Wright, CJ Milles and a 2024 second-round pick to the the Grizzlies for Gasol, league sources tell ESPN.

235 replies 987 retweets 1,641 likes
Reply 235   Retweet 987   Like 1.6K
Basically shedding salary for Toronto. That’s a decent amount of depth for this year to give up.

« Reply #122 on: February 07, 2019, 01:59:56 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
This was already the case, but the Celts are going to have a VERY hard time getting out of the second round.

Pretty much guaranteed to face either Toronto or Milwaukee.

I don't see how the Celts could have handled this any differently, but it's still tough to see the top teams in the East load up while the Celts are forced to stand pat because they're waiting for the summer.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #123 on: February 07, 2019, 02:00:18 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
Comical. Everyone in the East improves by a huge margin but Boston....who is pretty much just waiting on
AD.

Really a very frustrating thing to see....an no I do not think they can win the east as constructed. Bench is a liability.

How do you expect the C's to improve?  You want to deal Rozier?  What if Kyrie walks or they trade Smart?  Rozier will be needed next year.  If Rozier is moved it has to be for a young player that could be moved for AD.  Who is available in that type of deal?  Don't need more picks for Rozier.  Vets are on the move not young, cheap controllable players.  The C's only have Bird's spot to move.  That's it and it would be to open a roster spot for a buyout player.  Who is getting moved other then Bird?  Trade Yabu for peanuts?  They need Yabu for salary filler for a deal.  The C's as they stand are the best they can be this year.  There isn't a move to make because they can't trade for AD.  HE's the only player that can make them better then they are and I don't even want him.

« Reply #124 on: February 07, 2019, 02:00:46 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Well, hopefully Kyrie understands that we pretty much have to sit still at this deadline in order to get AD this summer, as I'm sure it could be frustrating to see our three main rivals in the East all make significant trades that (at least theoretically) make them better right now.

That said, I'm not sure how much this Gasol trade helps, as this just pushes Ibaka back to PF where he has not been great, which is not a good thing for Toronto given how much he's been a part of their success this year.

I mean, even if this is just exchanging JV's 20 bench minutes for 20 minutes of Gasol off the bench, that's an upgrade.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #125 on: February 07, 2019, 02:01:00 PM »

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
Don't worry guys we have Marcus Smart

« Reply #126 on: February 07, 2019, 02:01:14 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
Comical. Everyone in the East improves by a huge margin but Boston....who is pretty much just waiting on
AD.

Really a very frustrating thing to see....an no I do not think they can win the east as constructed. Bench is a liability.

Waiting for gADot.

Yes, I know the spelling is off. Not my fault that Beckett misnamed his character.

Mike

« Reply #127 on: February 07, 2019, 02:02:09 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Embiid vs. Gasol will be fun

« Reply #128 on: February 07, 2019, 02:03:02 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
 1m1 minute ago

Toronto is planning to send Jonas Valanciunas, Delon Wright, CJ Milles and a 2024 second-round pick to the the Grizzlies for Gasol, league sources tell ESPN.

235 replies 987 retweets 1,641 likes
Reply 235   Retweet 987   Like 1.6K
JV is just as good as Gasol.
Not against the Celtics. Look what Ibaka has done this season against us (averaging: 21/7), then think what Gasol can do for Toronto, who's better in about every aspect than Ibaka..

« Reply #129 on: February 07, 2019, 02:03:05 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Grizzlies trade Green and Temple to Clips for Bradley
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2019, 02:03:43 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
AD.

I'm panicking.

Before the season I thought we were the favorites to win the East.
Then it showed what Budenholzer and Leonard could do with their respective teams and I saw Bucks, Raptors and Celtics as equals.
Now with Bucks getting Mirotic, Gasol to the Raptors and Harris to Philly, I see us as 4th best in the East.

I guess the question is, are any of those teams capable of beating Golden State? I really doubt it. Are the Celtics capable if they add AD? Yes.

« Reply #131 on: February 07, 2019, 02:04:06 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Memphis trading everyone lol..look like bottom 3 team now
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #132 on: February 07, 2019, 02:04:28 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 652
  • MASTER OF PANIC
AD.

How do you expect the C's to improve?  You want to deal Rozier?  What if Kyrie walks or they trade Smart?  Rozier will be needed next year.  If Rozier is moved it has to be for a young player that could be moved for AD.  Who is available in that type of deal?  Don't need more picks for Rozier.  Vets are on the move not young, cheap controllable players.  The C's only have Bird's spot to move.  That's it and it would be to open a roster spot for a buyout player.  Who is getting moved other then Bird?  Trade Yabu for peanuts?  They need Yabu for salary filler for a deal.  The C's as they stand are the best they can be this year.  There isn't a move to make because they can't trade for AD.  HE's the only player that can make them better then they are and I don't even want him.

I would have liked to have seen them make a run at Beal. Rozier and a first round pick. I just have a hard time with the idea we have to wait another year now and getting AD is going to come at a massive cost. I am not even sure going all in for him makes them better if they are giving up Tatum, Smart, Horford, 4 #1s...

« Reply #133 on: February 07, 2019, 02:05:03 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Clippers loading up on youth....could a davis deal be looming?

« Reply #134 on: February 07, 2019, 02:05:45 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
Memphis trading everyone lol..look like bottom 3 team now

Good.  That pick will roll over and be more valuable.  They should be a bad team for the next 3 years.