Author Topic: The Guess the Free Throw Totals Game  (Read 1714 times)

The Guess the Free Throw Totals Game
« on: June 10, 2008, 12:08:14 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
We've all had our fun guessing who was going to ref the game.  Now that we know who the three stooges are, let's guess how many freebies for each team.  Of course TPs abound for the closest, and funniest answers.  (Unless you're a Lakers fan of course, but what are the odds of them being right?)

I'm thinking that Crawford might be a good draw for us, he has that won't take any crap attitude.  I think if anyone was annoyed by Phil's game 2 comments, and will turn on a crowd when they boo him, it's Crawford.  Since Salvatore doesn't realize that you can't be called for a blocking foul while playing offense ya never know what you're gonna get from him.  The other dude is another wild card, don't really know too much about him, which will surely change in about 9 hours.

I think the Lakers will have the advantage, but Doc will tell these guys to go to the basket and MAKE the goofs call fouls on the Fakers.  That and Crawford's attitude won't swing it in our favor by any means, but I think it'll be closer than many think.

28-19 in favor of the Lakers.

The NBA: Where the 3 refs are as big of a story as the 10 players on the floor.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

Re: The Guess the Free Throw Totals Game
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 12:16:19 PM »

Offline silvershamrocker

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Believe In The Sleeve
Fakers 30

Celtics 14

"It will be fun watching the Lakers get those balloons down one at a time." - Bill Russell

Re: The Guess the Free Throw Totals Game
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 12:17:19 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
23-27 in favor of the CELTICS

Celtics will still get to the basket more often and hence will continue to draw more fouls.  It just won't be nearly as many as it should be.  On the other end of the court, my guess is that one of the Celtics will be given a flagrant for something not that flagrant (eg: like PJ Brown in the Detroit series).
Celtics fan for life.