Author Topic: Kyrie Irving currently leads EC guards in All-Star fan voting  (Read 6622 times)

Re: Kyrie Irving currently leads EC guards in All-Star fan voting
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2019, 10:15:19 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Does this mean that Tatum is an All Star? Or how does the voting for the reserves work?

Well, he’s in the skills challenge at least:

It will be a full weekend for Celtics forward Jayson Tatum at All-Star Weekend in Charlotte, as he was invited to and will participate in the Skills Challenge during the Saturday session, according to an NBA source. Tatum, 20, is also expected to participate in the Rising Stars Challenge on Feb. 15 at Charlotte’s Spectrum Center. The invitation for Tatum to the Skills Challenge is a sign of respect for his ascension in the league. – via Boston Globe
If he plays in the Rising Star game, then he isn't an all star because I don't think he plays in both those games and does the skill challenge.

I believe Embiid did all 3 last year, so it's a possibility.

And Blake Griffin did 3 events (dunk contest, Rising Stars, All-Star game) in 2011.

Derrick Rose was selected to 3 events in 2010, but chose to sit out the Rising Stars game after he was selected an All-Star).

I don't think Tatum will be selected an All-Star, but it could happen.

So this voting so far has no influence on the selection of the other All Stars?

I like that, since I don't think that Tatum deserves it yet. And of course Wade and Rose shouldn't be in it either. Who's responsible for the selection of the reserves?

I hope that players like D'Angelo Russell, Tobias Harris, Domantas Sabonis, Nikola Vucevic or Jusuf Nurkic get recognition for their outstanding performances instead of just taking the players with the bigger reputation. The Warriors shouldn't have 4 All Stars this time for instance.

« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2019, 10:22:59 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
It’s nice to see Kyrie getting so overwhelmingly recognized for his season to date. The guy is flat out amazing to watch. I understand the Celtics still need to figure some things out, and we are patiently waiting for Gordon to get back to form. However, I can’t wait for the playoffs, because the Celtics have Kyrie, and the rest of the league doesn’t.

« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2019, 05:02:29 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
It’s nice to see Kyrie getting so overwhelmingly recognized for his season to date. The guy is flat out amazing to watch. I understand the Celtics still need to figure some things out, and we are patiently waiting for Gordon to get back to form. However, I can’t wait for the playoffs, because the Celtics have Kyrie, and the rest of the league doesn’t.

Yes consensus #1 EC guard - players media and fan vote
Landslide
Impressive