Author Topic: Chris Sale channels his inner KG, verbally rallies his team to win  (Read 6117 times)

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Loved watching Sale go KG nuts on his Sox team mates last night shaming them for making a two pitch pitcher like Hill look great. Apparently he kind of "scared" some of the Sox and next thing you, 9 runs later the Red Sox we're up 3-1 in the series and looking like they will win the World Series.

https://youtu.be/h_vzGVCamk4

Re: Chris Sale channels his inner KG, verbally rallies his team to win
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 11:09:53 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I read that. It’s a tricky line, between firing people up and criticizing them. If this game had gone the other way, I think some teammates might have different feelings than they do now.  Rich Hill was dealing, and I think it’s hard to blame guys for not hitting him.

I loved KG’s intensity, because he played at an excellent level on both ends and had the right to call out whoever he wanted. Sale only plays one side, and hasn’t been doing it well in the post-season. 

But, it worked, and the team said nice things in the media, so it’s all good.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 11:14:13 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
but this is the 2018 sox. they don't have "different feelings", they pick it up and they win. they took sale they way needed to take him.

the dodgers were 54-0 when leading by 4 or more runs after 6 innings this season. now they are 54-1. the sox can beat anyone. in the playoffs this season, they have already defeated the second and third best teams in baseball. they will beat the dodgers as well.

i have watched this team come back from 6 run deficits this year. they are a joy to watch and do almost anything...including bring one more WS championship to boston.

my father lived 78 years and never saw the sox win it all. i get to see them do it 4 times in 14 years. life is good.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 11:16:25 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
That type of motivation is always a two edged sword but it works an awful lot of the time.

Also, Hill was tipping off his pitches with a slower arm speed on his curve ball. And his sidearm pitch was the same pitch every time. The Sox hitters should absolutely have picked up on that and gotten to Hill. Sale was right about that.

Obviously screaming at his players isn't Cora's style but sometimes players need that. Glad Sale did it as his team mates took it the right way and said so in pressers after the game.

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 11:18:27 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
my father lived 78 years and never saw the sox win it all. i get to see them do it 4 times in 14 years. life is good.  ;D

It’s the 100th anniversary of the 1918 champions. Hopefully we’re not in for another “curse”!

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 11:20:40 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

It’s the 100th anniversary of the 1918 champions. Hopefully we’re not in for another “curse”!
Amen.