Author Topic: Tommy & Gorman Have Right Idea On Kawhi-to-Boston Rumors  (Read 23145 times)

Re: Tommy & Gorman Have Right Idea On Kawhi-to-Boston Rumors
« Reply #120 on: April 12, 2018, 04:56:41 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Tatum is a 6th man on a contender, at best.

If you can get Kawhi, you make this trade in a heartbeat.

LOL. He started all season for the Celtics.

This team isn't a contender, they just have a few wins in the east.

Get real.

Your shtick is tiresome but it’s attention you so desperately crave, so I’ll oblige.

55 wins, 22-8 record against the West. That’s the 4th-most wins in the entire league and second-best winning percentage against the West, behind only Houston. They went 11-5 against the West’s 8 playoff teams (and 8-2 vs top-5).

All while missing their second-best player. Another 100+ games lost to injury to other key players.

If you don’t think this team at full-strength isn’t a contender, we’ll then you’re not a troll, you’re blind.
TP. Wouldn't bother though
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #121 on: April 12, 2018, 07:18:15 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Get real.

Your shtick is tiresome but it’s attention you so desperately crave, so I’ll oblige.

55 wins, 22-8 record against the West. That’s the 4th-most wins in the entire league and second-best winning percentage against the West, behind only Houston. They went 11-5 against the West’s 8 playoff teams (and 8-2 vs top-5).

All while missing their second-best player. Another 100+ games lost to injury to other key players.

If you don’t think this team at full-strength isn’t a contender, we’ll then you’re not a troll, you’re blind.
I actually agree with you, but regular season record has nothing to do with whether you're a contender

« Reply #122 on: April 12, 2018, 03:36:37 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #123 on: April 12, 2018, 04:28:25 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Get real.

I actually agree with you, but regular season record has nothing to do with whether you're a contender

Nothing? Really?

Are you just one of those that this is GSW’s world and we are all just living in it?

The Rockets are legit contenders and that’s based on their regular season dominance. I personally don’t trust D’Antoni, Harden, OR Paul, but they are most definitely contenders.

So if wins and losses are to be completely disregarded, what should be considered?
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #124 on: April 12, 2018, 04:45:21 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

LoL

« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2018, 05:07:26 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I will say this, it is such a dang shame Leonard won't play this series. If the Spurs with Leonard played a Curry-less Warriors team, I honestly think they beat them in 6 or 7.

However, I think Warriors still win this series in 6 games.

Also, even if Kawhi wanted to shut himself down for the year and come back 110% next season, shouldn't he have told this to the Spurs organization a while ago?? Idk man, the whole situation seems so bizarre. Never expected anything like this to take place with an organization like the Spurs and with such a humble superstar like Kawhi...  ???

« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2018, 09:06:23 AM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Honestly I have a hard time letting go of JB let alone Tatum in a trade for KL.

Think like a GM. You have lesser talents (at this stage) but who have shown nothing but improvement in their short careers on cost controlled rookie scale contracts. You ha e your wing position locked down in a 3 headed monster of Tatum/Brown/Hayward.

Trading for a redundant position makes zero sense. If the player we were acquiring were Anthony Davis different story. But for KL, I just don’t see this as improving is that much on the court while dramatically reducing our salary cap capabilities.

« Reply #127 on: April 14, 2018, 11:48:00 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Think like a GM. You have lesser talents (at this stage) but who have shown nothing but improvement in their short careers on cost controlled rookie scale contracts. You ha e your wing position locked down in a 3 headed monster of Tatum/Brown/Hayward.

Trading for a redundant position makes zero sense. If the player we were acquiring were Anthony Davis different story. But for KL, I just don’t see this as improving is that much on the court while dramatically reducing our salary cap capabilities.

Honestly, I think Jaylen's ceiling is Kawhi with slightly more athleticism.

But even at his floor, I think Jaylen would be a fringe all-star and solid starter on a contending team. (Again, as his floor)

I mean, great-to-elite two way players are honestly hard to come by these days.

« Reply #128 on: April 14, 2018, 12:43:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

But even at his floor, I think Jaylen would be a fringe all-star and solid starter on a contending team. (Again, as his floor)

I could easily see Jaylen being a fixture on All Defense teams starting next year. I could also see him start making All Star teams in 2-3 years. I really think Brown and Tatum should be keepers. I think they both have ceilings as top 10 players in the league.

« Reply #129 on: April 14, 2018, 03:22:00 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

I could easily see Jaylen being a fixture on All Defense teams starting next year. I could also see him start making All Star teams in 2-3 years. I really think Brown and Tatum should be keepers. I think they both have ceilings as top 10 players in the league.
and Kawhi is a top 5 player right now (or at least was before the injury)
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #130 on: April 14, 2018, 04:10:28 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11

Get real.

You just made his point. If we're at full strength, then Tatum doesn't start. So he would be a 6th man on a contender. Lol.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #131 on: April 14, 2018, 05:16:26 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

Get real.

You just made his point. If we're at full strength, then Tatum doesn't start. So he would be a 6th man on a contender. Lol.

He said "6th man on a contender, at best". I think we all know that Tatum can start on most teams now, and very soon would start on mostly any team.

The Kawhi trade to Boston idea revolves around Kawhi's health. Is Danny confident that he's going to play 70+ games for the next 5 years? If so, he'll pull the trigger on a trade for him.

« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2018, 05:20:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Get real.

He said "6th man on a contender, at best". I think we all know that Tatum can start on most teams now, and very soon would start on mostly any team.

The Kawhi trade to Boston idea revolves around Kawhi's health. Is Danny confident that he's going to play 70+ games for the next 5 years? If so, he'll pull the trigger on a trade for him.
Danny also gotta feel like Kawhi will resign in Boston. If he isn't 100% sure of that before the trade, I don't see the trade going down.

« Reply #133 on: April 14, 2018, 05:40:37 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton

Get real.

Yeah but starting on a crappy team doesn't mean you're better than a 6th man for a contender. Eric Gordon is way better than a number of starters on other teams. I think what he was trying to say was if you want your team to be a contender, Tatum shouldn't be starting, he should be your 6th man.

I don't even really agree with that, I just thought it was funny that the other poster tried to argue with him, and ended up making his point.

« Reply #134 on: April 14, 2018, 05:45:38 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton

Get real.

Also, you said that if he DOESN'T think that this team at full-strength ISN'T a contender, then he's blind. So that means if he does think that the healthy celtics are contenders, then he is blind. Double negative. Lol.