Poll

Would you sign Kemba Walker to the max (4/140M; 32.7M 1st Year)

Yes
80 (66.1%)
No
41 (33.9%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Author Topic: Kemba Walker (Kemba to formalize agreement on Sunday, pg 40)  (Read 76041 times)

Re: How would you feel about the C’s going after Kemba?
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2019, 01:07:28 PM »

Offline CBS_Take a Report

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
I would be ecstatic if we signed Kemba. He absolutely fits our timeline. I believe our timeline is still now. I don’t get this timeline thing.

We could still use the League Exception for a big to split minutes with Time Lord. Fill the rest of the roster with vet min contracts targeting a vet PG, vet shooter, vet stretch.

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2019, 01:11:54 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
All for it. Need shooting.

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2019, 01:24:34 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Waste of time. I doubt he leaves Charlotte and if he did, it would have to be for a team that’s projected to be a contender, not one in the middle of an implosion.
- LilRip

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2019, 01:24:37 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
http://bleacherreport.com/post/nba/c38a2aa2-63fd-4346-9c5a-0442e78acfc4

The Boston Celtics are reportedly emerging as a "stealth suitor" for free-agent guard Kemba Walker, according to Marc Stein of the New York Times.

Stein noted that the Celtics' salary-cap situation is "fluid" since unrestricted free agents Kyrie Irving and Al Horford and restricted free agent Terry Rozier could all be on the way out.

Walker has spent his entire eight-year NBA career with the Charlotte Hornets franchise.

The 29-year-old Walker has been named an All-Star in each of the past three seasons. The 2018-19 campaign was his best one yet, as he averaged 25.6 points, 5.9 assists and 4.4 rebounds in 82 games. He also shot 43.4 percent from the field and 35.6 percent from long range.

Walker is not part of the elite echelon of free agents along with Irving, Kevin Durant and Kawhi Leonard, but the max-contract candidate is among the best pure scorers available and would be an ideal replacement for Kyrie if the latter departs Boston.

Shams Charania of The Athletic and Stadium reported last week that Irving intends to leave the Celtics and is most likely to sign with the Brooklyn Nets in free agency.

ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski added that Horford is planning to sign elsewhere as well since he and the Celtics are far apart on contract terms.

That means the biggest thing standing between the Celtics and their potential pursuit of Walker is Rozier's status. It is more likely that Rozier will stay in Boston if Irving leaves, but Walker would be a more explosive option reminiscent of Isaiah Thomas when he was healthy and productive with the Celtics.

A core of Walker, Gordon Hayward, Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart would likely ensure that Boston would remain competitive in the Eastern Conference, although it may not be enough to overtake the likes of the Milwaukee Bucks, Philadelphia 76ers and Toronto Raptors, provided the latter re-sign Leonard.

There is also no guarantee that Walker would even want to sign with the Celtics, as he has been outspoken about his desire to re-sign with Charlotte in recent months. 

I’m down. I know he doesn’t fit our timeline as well, but I like Kemba’s fit with us as a vet All-Star to lead us.

Also wonder if Kemba showing interest in Boston would cause Al to reconsider the lower contract offer with us. While him returning would eat up our cap space, there would always be the possibility of working out a sign and trade of some sort with Charlotte.(I know they are rare, as has been repeated ad nauseam on here - but they still can occur.)

Otherwise, I’m not sure what they do about the center position if they sign Kemba via cap space. Maybe a Dedmond or Ed Davis type?

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2019, 01:27:17 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Even though center is our biggest need, I would love it!!!

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2019, 01:32:09 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Waste of time. I doubt he leaves Charlotte and if he did, it would have to be for a team that’s projected to be a contender, not one in the middle of an implosion.

If Kemba came here, our team wouldn't be imploding. It would be rounding back into shape with a player of his caliber.

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2019, 01:45:38 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
If team gets Kemba, i could all but guarantee that charlotte would welcome a sign and trade for someone (hayward) jordan will never give in.

And a hayward for kemba swap I make 10 out of 10 times.

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2019, 01:49:55 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Danny doesn't like mediocrity, Kemba is a worse facilitator than Kyrie
And how is our young guy going to feel when Kemba take away 20 shot a game?

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2019, 01:50:08 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Even though center is our biggest need, I would love it!!!

Same here.  I believe that Vucevic and Kemba are both primary targets.  Danny will choose his direction depending upon whether or not he can acquire a legitimate Center via trade.  Dewayne Dedmon would be a nice option if Kemba decides to sign in Boston. 

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2019, 01:53:11 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Love to have Walker..rather have him than Kyrie..we need bigs so if we do get Kemba than maybe we can get Dedmon and Robin Lopez
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2019, 01:58:27 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Not sure if this is even possible, but could we sign and trade any one of our pending free agents for a trade exception, then after we sign Walker use that trade exception to go after a big guy in a trade?

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2019, 01:58:28 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
Danny doesn't like mediocrity, Kemba is a worse facilitator than Kyrie
And how is our young guy going to feel when Kemba take away 20 shot a game?

Kemba does what he needs too.

I woupdnt call him a worse faciliator when he has never had the oass targets that kyrie has had.

I believe kemba could easily be a 8+ apg player in a good environment

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2019, 01:59:31 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
Not sure if this is even possible, but could we sign and trade any one of our pending free agents for a trade exception, then after we sign Walker use that trade exception to go after a big guy in a trade?

Charlotte would get the tpe, not us.

We would need charlotte to wamt hayward as opposed to nothing at all and have that be the deal

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2019, 01:59:57 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
We really have never seen Kemba play with good players.

He would be a good teammate.

It would mean Rozier would be gone.

Win win.

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2019, 02:02:55 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Let’s do it!!!
I think it’s between Charlotte , knicks , mavs and is.
Knicks I don’t see it happening- they are a mess
Mavs - highly unlikely ... as Carlisle is a red flag for every point guard potentially  moving to Dallas

Charlotte - only if they offer him 5 year max or very near max...
I suspect that Jordan isn’t that crazy to offer him $200M plus contract we just have to convince him not to give him 5 years near max...

can we send them the bucks pick plus Rozier signed and traded and gift wrapped in exchange for them not offering him that contract ?