Author Topic: Lee and Green = $60 mil of garbage  (Read 16486 times)

Re: Lee and Green = $60 mil of garbage
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2012, 10:16:25 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
i hope today's game makes you eat a portion of your words. perhaps the greens or the side.

EAT IT GREEN HATERS! He is an all star and great personality after surgery unlike rondo. Green will lead us to the finals just like he did in his OKC days.

This is sarcasm right? Never sure on these boards... Otherwise: Green has never been an all star or anywhere near that. He does seem to have a nice personality, but I have a feeling that Rondo is a pretty good guy, too, when he is out of the limelight. Green has never led OKC anywhere, and hasn't been to any finals. And he is not expected to lead this team either.

If he play the same kind of game against a tougher team than the Blazers, and can be consistent about it, he will be a 6th MOY candidate for sure.

« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2012, 10:16:33 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
im so mad that green haters come on every time celtics lose when its not even his fault but when he has 19 points and leads them to a win NO ONE can admit he is a great player. NOT ONE.

I very much like Green, but your exaggerated Green blind love is going quite overboard, and quite nonsensical.

« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2012, 10:20:10 PM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3
the game today proves it is 100 percent docs fault for not utilizing jeff green correctly. what can jeff do off the bench in 22 minutes a game? no one can put up good numbers in 22 minutes. stop checking the box scores kids

« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2012, 10:20:43 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
I only watched the 4th quarter, but I liked what I saw from Jeff.  Could someone (other than Mrs. Green) please give me a recap of his play the first three quarters?  Thanks!

« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2012, 10:24:19 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Went back to see what I posted in this thread.

Starting Green is final option left. If he continues to struggle, I can't see Celtics keeping him.

I'd have to say compared to other responses.

« Reply #125 on: November 30, 2012, 10:26:33 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
I only watched the 4th quarter, but I liked what I saw from Jeff.  Could someone (other than Mrs. Green) please give me a recap of his play the first three quarters?  Thanks!

Aggressive, attacking the basket, finishing at the rim.  Once that got going, he started hitting some shots from deep.

He looked very good.

« Reply #126 on: November 30, 2012, 10:28:59 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney

Aggressive, attacking the basket, finishing at the rim.  Once that got going, he started hitting some shots from deep.

He looked very good.

TP.

Was his aggression a result of him demanding the ball more or the team putting him in the position to make plays?

« Reply #127 on: November 30, 2012, 10:34:46 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956

He looked very good.

TP.

Was his aggression a result of him demanding the ball more or the team putting him in the position to make plays?

It's not so much that he demanded the ball, but he put himself in positions to score at times and took an aggressive approach for once.  The box score doesn't tell the story, he was forced to chuck up a few shots at the end of the shot clock and he took two half-court 3 point shots to end quarters.  He was really 6-9, 2-2 from 3, and played an incredibly efficient game overall.  Played good D too.  Easily his best game, better even than the one he played against OKC.

« Reply #128 on: November 30, 2012, 10:37:01 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney

He looked very good.

TP.

It's not so much that he demanded the ball, but he put himself in positions to score at times and took an aggressive approach for once.  The box score doesn't tell the story, he was forced to chuck up a few shots at the end of the shot clock and he took two half-court 3 point shots to end quarters.  He was really 6-9, 2-2 from 3, and played an incredibly efficient game overall.  Played good D too.  Easily his best game, better even than the one he played against OKC.

TP.  Thanks!

« Reply #129 on: November 30, 2012, 10:45:38 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
i hope today's game makes you eat a portion of your words. perhaps the greens or the side.

EAT IT GREEN HATERS! He is an all star and great personality after surgery unlike rondo. Green will lead us to the finals just like he did in his OKC days.

u dont believe dat OKC neva went to da finals wit Green they aint even get out da 1st round wit dude ima fan of dude but u out chea reachin

« Reply #130 on: November 30, 2012, 10:49:56 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

I'm not going to argue whether Green is good or not because it's obvious that he is.

Thing is, this game proves nothing b/c he has done this all season, one great game to every 4 mediocre ones.

When he gets more consistent then you guys can call for crow eating (not for me b/c I have always liked him). But unlike you guys I can admit he has been terrible more games than not.

I was going hard for Green over the off-season but I am not getting my hopes up again until he can have 2 back to back good games and then consistently good ones. He has that chance tomorrow...

even lebron james doesnt have back to back good games all the time. pau gasol has been playing bad for the lakers and he gets paid twice as much as jeff. jeff is a a steal at 8 million per year.

LOL just stop! Don't ever compare James and Green in that way and I hate Broid. James plays good in most games he plays in, he may not play great in all games (no one can) but he definitely plays good (at least) in the great majority of the games he plays in! I never said Jeff had to have ALL great games or even good games! CONSISTENCY is what I'm looking for! Yes, Pau hasn't played up to standards but it's not like he is JJJ out there either!

Pau Gasol:
PPG
RPG
APG
EFF
    + 17.60

Not great, but he aint no scrub out there either!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #131 on: November 30, 2012, 10:56:59 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
im so mad that green haters come on every time celtics lose when its not even his fault but when he has 19 points and leads them to a win NO ONE can admit he is a great player. NOT ONE.

I very much like Green, but your exaggerated Green blind love is going quite overboard, and quite nonsensical.

Gotta admire the enthusiasm though. He reminds me of a Gerald Green fan that used to be here, I think he was high5forlife or something like that.

« Reply #132 on: November 30, 2012, 11:01:21 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Green seems to play well against the SOFT defense West coast teams....

Jeff needs to tuff n up , when playin the East coast defense minded teams....

I think he is used to the fast paced soft defense West coast basketball.

« Reply #133 on: November 30, 2012, 11:39:12 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
I don't want to get too far off-topic, but I found it interesting that mrpoundforpound's first comment on Celticsblog's forums was "Jeff Green is horrible."

I pose two questions:

Did you have a change of heart about Green since then and now, or are you just trolling?

If you are an actual Jeff Green fan, please try to accept that some people here don't like Green.  Personally, I dislike Josh Smith, but tons of threads are made about trades for him.  I ignore those threads.  When someone bashes Green, just ignore it.  Even if the poster just says something like, "Jeff sucks" and that's it, just leave it alone.  Your statements that Green is better than Rondo, can be like the Reignman, and is the next James Worthy are a little over-the-top.  This is not an attack on you; I am glad you are a Green fan, as I am.  I just think you need to learn how to accept others' opinions, because this is a public forum, where people are allowed to express their thoughts.  Could you please try?

Here's a TP, and cheers to a great game by Jeff and the C's!

« Reply #134 on: December 01, 2012, 12:13:27 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
A heads up, an official one, please stop talking about members in such a direct fashion. I appreciate that it's not malicious necessarily, but it's not all good natured ribbing either. rule is, you don't call out other posters. Talk like this makes it personal, turns to flame wars.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner