Author Topic: Hayward update  (Read 7686 times)

Hayward update
« on: July 19, 2018, 08:02:02 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
yesterday...

@Marc_DAmico
If Brad Stevens’ intel was accurate, both Kyrie Irving AND Gordon Hayward will be playing 5-on-5 basketball with no limitations within about 2-3 weeks.

also yesterday...

So it looks like he's now working with Hanlen and starting to rev things up.

Re: Hayward update
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 08:51:01 AM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
He looks great! Can’t wait to see him play again. We’ll need his skills more than ever with how these teams are stacking up

Re: Hayward update
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 09:56:04 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I'm glad he got a haircut. He looked really goofy last year.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Gordon Hayward gives an update on his recovery and expectations for the upcoming season
https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2018/07/19/gordon-hayward-injury-recovery-update

The forward said he still has yet to play 5-on-5 basketball, but is hoping to do so in August. As far as what he can do? Recent developments include being able to dunk.

“I dunked the basketball for the first time off my left foot — without pain — last week,” he said. “That felt awesome. I went into it very soft and gingerly, and after I did it, I was like, ‘OK, that didn’t hurt it all.’ I did it again, and it felt good.”

Hayward said he’s also able to “do a full sprint linearly,” meaning he can sprint in a straight line and then come to a stop. On the basketball court, he said he’s able to do some lateral movements, like cutting left and right. Any activity without pain is “always exciting,” he said.

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Great news!
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Yeah, he fully Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ed that leg hey. Slowly slowly Gordie
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Can't wait to see his shooting and playmaking next to our other beasts come October
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
This Celtics team could become something special if, they stay healthy and, after they have had a half-season or so for the injured to get their bounce back and after everyone has time to get on the same page. This could be the start of the decade that sees the Celtics finally reclaim their rightful spot as the NBA's preeminent franchise, one banner at a time.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Can't wait to see his shooting and playmaking next to our other beasts come October

Me too!  Hayward's impact on our offense should be significant even if he's only 85% of his normal self for the first few months.  The Celtics lacked a P&R scorer/facilitator who could play alongside Kyrie.

I took a quick look at P&R efficiency stats from 2016-2017 for Hayward and Kyrie.  The improvement by Irving last season was HUGE.  Hopefully we see similar results from Hayward.   

Hayward
2016-17 - .99 PPP (good for 87th percentile in the NBA.)

Irving
2016-2017 - .96 PPP (good for 83rd percentile in the NBA)
2017-2018 - 1.10 PPP (just behind Curry for best in the NBA)

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
This is a special team. I’m looking forward to this season!

- LilRip

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Love it!

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

Me too!  Hayward's impact on our offense should be significant even if he's only 85% of his normal self for the first few months.  The Celtics lacked a P&R scorer/facilitator who could play alongside Kyrie.

I took a quick look at P&R efficiency stats from 2016-2017 for Hayward and Kyrie.  The improvement by Irving last season was HUGE.  Hopefully we see similar results from Hayward.   

Hayward
2016-17 - .99 PPP (good for 87th percentile in the NBA.)

Irving
2016-2017 - .96 PPP (good for 83rd percentile in the NBA)
2017-2018 - 1.10 PPP (just behind Curry for best in the NBA)

TP for the info.  Having another guy who can create his own shot with the shot clock winding down will be great.  Hopefully, Smart will take fewer of those shots.

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
This is great to hear! Hopefully he'll be at full steam not too far after the start of the regular season.

If we stay healthy our starting lineup is going to be insane.

Assuming it's Irving, Brown, Tatum, Hayward and Horford.

You get five guys who shoot an elite 3pt %, can create their own shots, can take the ball to the hole and have to be guarded no matter where they are on the floor.

I expect to see a LOT of open shots for us with that lineup terrorizing defenses. I won't be surprised to see three point shooting the the low 40% range for the whole lineup combined.

Should be an epic season. Let's hopefully stay healthy.

So happy Baynes and Smart are back with us too.

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Can't wait to see him, Kyrie, and Tatum shut down Klay Thompson, Steph Curry, and Kevin Durant in the finals.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)