Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 492234 times)

Celtics2021, rocknrollforyoursoul, RLewis35 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Reply #6090 on: April 25, 2024, 11:27:46 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2418
LAL deserves a lot of credit for how well they've played against Denver this postseason and last season. Denver has been winning but LAL has been giving them tough tough games despite being overmatched.

A lot of credit? lol why? The twolves played them tough last year and actually managed to win a game. The heat also beat them once. The suns beat them twice! The Heat have less talent than LA. No offense but this has to be one of the softest things I have ever read on this forum. They have lost ten in a row with two guys people think should be on all nba.

Because LAL are nowhere near as good as Denver.

Results matter. Performances matter.

LAL hasn't gotten the results but their performances have been good. This year and last year. They are very unlucky not to be tied 1-1 right now. And they have played DEN tough almost every game. A lot of close losses.

T'Wolves deserve a lot of credit for how well they played DEN last year. And Miami too.

« Reply #6091 on: April 25, 2024, 11:28:36 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
If BOS were to lose a Finals series to DEN, I would be disappointed but I wouldn't be furious because they are a high quality opponent.

If BOS were to lose a Finals series to LAL, I would be livid because LAL are nowhere near as good as BOS.

« Reply #6092 on: April 25, 2024, 11:32:18 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
If BOS were to lose a Finals series to DEN, I would be disappointed but I wouldn't be furious because they are a high quality opponent.

If BOS were to lose a Finals series to LAL, I would be livid because LAL are nowhere near as good as BOS.

The lakers were the only team that played the nuggets in a playoff series last year to not win a game. They have two all stars and a guy people argue is the goat. Treating them like a little league team from Warwick playing the Chinese national team is bizarre. Weirdest thing I have seen someone write in a minute. Lot of credit… lol. They push this 6 I give them lots of credit. Losing ten straight? Come on man. Not too late to take back an awful take

« Reply #6093 on: April 25, 2024, 11:36:03 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

The lakers were the only team that played the nuggets in a playoff series last year to not win a game. They have two all stars and a guy people argue is the goat. Treating them like a little league from Warwick playing the Chinese national team is bizarre. Weirdest thing I have seen someone write in a minute. Lot of credit… lol. They push this 6 I give them lots of credit. Losing ten straight? Come on man. Not too late to take back an awful take

No. I think LAL deserve a lot of credit for how well they have played in these games.

These games between LAL and DEN have been some of the most fun games in the playoffs this season and last season ... and they have been that because of how hard LAL has pushed DEN.

« Reply #6094 on: April 25, 2024, 11:37:34 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

The lakers were the only team that played the nuggets in a playoff series last year to not win a game. They have two all stars and a guy people argue is the goat. Treating them like a little league from Warwick playing the Chinese national team is bizarre. Weirdest thing I have seen someone write in a minute. Lot of credit… lol. They push this 6 I give them lots of credit. Losing ten straight? Come on man. Not too late to take back an awful take

No. I think LAL deserve a lot of credit for how well they have played in these games.

These games between LAL and DEN have been some of the most fun games in the playoffs this season and last season ... and they have been that because of how hard LAL has pushed DEN.

You literally said last season in your original post… who you have great insights on these games and I generally enjoy them. This was just a real head scratcher

« Reply #6095 on: April 25, 2024, 11:42:18 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Nuggets have taken the lead. Can the lakers answer back?

« Reply #6096 on: April 25, 2024, 11:48:39 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1450
Embiid attempted 21 free throws tonight. The Knicks entire team attempted 19…  ???
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #6097 on: April 25, 2024, 11:51:38 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Lakers appear they may be running out of gas. Now down 8.

« Reply #6098 on: April 25, 2024, 11:51:42 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1687
Kinda gross seeing Embiid go for 50 in a game he probably should have been kicked out of. 

« Reply #6099 on: April 25, 2024, 11:53:03 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
LAL need to get someone else going. LeBron, AD and Reeves have 48 of their 61 points. D Lo is scoreless. Hachimura is next high man with only 5pts. Prince 2pts. Gabe 2pts. Dinwiddie 4pts.

D Lo is the clearest candidate. If he doesn't get going quick, they need to bench him. He isn't bringing enough to the table. Play Dinwiddie or Gabe instead.

Update: They went with Gabe.

« Reply #6100 on: April 25, 2024, 11:54:21 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3010
  • On To Banner 18!
Is Lebron really gonna stay in LA? Because idk how much they can realistically improve the team and they already pretty much said Ham is coming back lol
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #6101 on: April 25, 2024, 11:57:46 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Man, A Gordon is feasing. 24pts 12reb. 12-16 FGA. 2 dimes. The third quarter hasn't even finished yet.

LAL giving up way too many easy dunks and offensive rebounds to this guy. 6 off reb 6 def reb. They gotta tighten things up ...

Or they are going to get blown out here.

« Reply #6102 on: April 25, 2024, 11:59:35 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Great contest by Jokic on that A Reaves layup attempt.

« Reply #6103 on: April 26, 2024, 12:00:22 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 879
  • GOT IT!!!
Lakers just cannot beat this team. It's like Denver takes this personal. Everyone else can at least get a game off of them.

« Reply #6104 on: April 26, 2024, 12:01:03 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Man, A Gordon is . 24pts 12reb. 12-16 FGA. 2 dimes. The third quarter hasn't even finished yet.

LAL giving up way too many easy dunks and offensive rebounds to this guy. 6 off reb 6 def reb. They gotta tighten things up ...

Or they are going to get blown out here.

Gotta give em credit though :)