Author Topic: If Clippers need a change  (Read 2451 times)

If Clippers need a change
« on: November 14, 2023, 09:14:25 PM »

Offline Celtics978Fan

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 23
https://hardwoodhoudini.com/2023/11/13/boston-celtics-monitor-mvp-bench/?a_aid=36534&fbclid=IwAR2887bddX9-f7qmpz8ppJuP9WGPRvwsTF8KsJ-RtCAoK-iVmLS_ZlBbUGo

This article brings up the Celtics going after Westbrook.  At first thought I didn't like the idea but after thinking for a second I'm loving this idea.  We have 3 2nd round pick and a 1st this year.  Clippers just unloaded a couple draft picks for Harden and needing to replenish them, and Westbrook is the odd player out I feel and is cheap.  Sending a player like Mykhailiuk with 2 2nd round picks for Westbrook or even our late 1st round I'd do it.  Westbrook would give us instant offense off the bench, could start when needed, but most of all a second unit with Horford, Hauser and Westbrook sounds nice to me.  Plus this still give the Celtics room to make a trade for a better big.  I'd look at trading Kornet and a 2nd for Drummond.  This also give the Celtics the chance to package Pritchard this year or offseason for  some more bench depth.   
« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 11:56:27 PM by Celtics978Fan »

Re: If Clippers need a change
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2023, 09:17:11 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1440
All set on Westbrick.  :)
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2023, 09:22:26 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
I’d be more interested in sending a 2nd or two for Plumlee if the Clippers are moving salaries.

EDIT:  Didn’t realize he got hurt recently.  Nevermind.

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2023, 09:23:50 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
I don't trust him. Our chemistry is good. I wouldn't risk rocking the boat trying to fit in Westbrook.

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2023, 09:52:17 PM »

Offline Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 172
https://hardwoodhoudini.com/2023/11/13/boston-celtics-monitor-mvp-bench/?a_aid=36534&fbclid=IwAR2887bddX9-f7qmpz8ppJuP9WGPRvwsTF8KsJ-RtCAoK-iVmLS_ZlBbUGo

This article brings up the Celtics going after Westbrook.  At first thought I didn't like the idea but after thinking for a second I'm loving this idea.  We have 3 2nd round pick and a 1st this year.  Clippers just unloaded a couple draft picks for Harden and needing to replenish them, and Westbrook is the odd player out I feel and is cheap.  Sending a player like Mykhailiuk with 2 2nd round picks for Westbrook or even our late 1st round I'd do it.  Westbrook would give us instant offence off the bench, could start when needed, but most of all a second unit with Horford, Hauser and Westbrook sounds nice to me.  Plus this still give the Celtics room to make a trade for a better big.  I'd look at trading Kornet and a 2nd for Drummond.  This also give the Celtics the chance to package Pritchard this year or offseason for  some more bench depth.
Instant "offense" off the bench. Lol

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2023, 10:45:02 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1550
I don't know if I'd even sign Westbrook as a free agent at this point.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2023, 07:11:06 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Kornet and a 2nd for Drummond sounds good.

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2023, 07:33:45 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
I don't know if I'd even sign Westbrook as a free agent at this point.
He did work wonders for the Clippers last year when it came to making them push the pace. Whether we need a player like that is a reasonable question, though.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2023, 07:47:47 AM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
I don't trust him. Our chemistry is good. I wouldn't risk rocking the boat trying to fit in Westbrook.

This.  It would wreak of doing something just for the sake of doing something and I don't think this team is in that position at all.  Sure the bench could use some help but I think the needs are more in the minor adjustments category.

Not to mention he's from LA, his family is in LA.  I don't think he'd be too happy relocating to the east coast.

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2023, 08:02:33 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Does Drummond even have anything in the tank ?

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2023, 02:17:45 PM »

Offline Celtics978Fan

• Joe Mazzulla
Does Drummond even have anything in the tank ?

He would be an improvement over Kornet, that's all I'm looking for at the moment.

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2023, 02:24:25 PM »

Offline Celtics978Fan

• Joe Mazzulla

I don't think it would rock the chemistry.  Since this trade is strictly being done if the Clippers are selling at the deadline or needing a change.  He's been coming off the bench and running a second unit which is something the Celtics need.  Pritchard isn't the answer plus Westbrook would give us a better insurance policy if White or Holiday were to go down.  Having a bench scorer that can start is a great 6th man to have.  14 PPG, 7 RPG, 6 APG, 2 SPG, we don't have that production off the bench period.  Also Westbrook might be on board coming to Boston if he has a legit shot at a title. 

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2023, 02:43:43 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Clippers have gathered up a pack of divas , kinda worn down has beens  , where nobody is still young enough to care or play any defense. Rename them LA Divas or No D’s .

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2023, 02:47:25 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
theis is going there?!

why would we not bring him back here?

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2023, 03:28:00 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
I'd much rather trade for Alex Caruso. Much better fit.