Author Topic: OKC roster crunch - anyone to look at?  (Read 1494 times)

OKC roster crunch - anyone to look at?
« on: October 08, 2023, 11:14:54 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
I've seen a couple of articles suggesting they release Oladipo or Bertans but they may want to keep theor salaries on the books as trade chips.

2 other names are Tre Mann and Jeremiah Robinson Earl.  Earl is interesting. Could we trade a 2nd round pick for him?

This article mentions that:

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2023/09/08/nba-boston-celtics-jre/

6-8 240 with starting experience and a decent 3 pt shot.

Re: OKC roster crunch - anyone to look at?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2023, 03:32:46 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
I've seen a couple of articles suggesting they release Oladipo or Bertans but they may want to keep theor salaries on the books as trade chips.

2 other names are Tre Mann and Jeremiah Robinson Earl.  Earl is interesting. Could we trade a 2nd round pick for him?

Aren’t we at the 15 man limit with the signing of Gabriel? We’d have to cut or waive someone should JRE be available. He’d be a nice addition though.

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2023, 06:02:12 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Aren’t we at the 15 man limit with the signing of Gabriel? We’d have to cut or waive someone should JRE be available. He’d be a nice addition though.

We have plenty of non-guaranteed (or very lightly guaranteed) deals, like Kornet
I'm bitter.

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2023, 10:12:21 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
It would not be hard at all to open up a roster spot.  I actually don't think Kornet is going anywhere, he has value as a 3rd unit center.  But Mykhailuik and Banton could be painlessly waived for a better player.  Stevens too but he is looking like a keeper.

I am not familiar with Robinson-Earl's game but looking into the stats and some of the reporting on him, it does sound like he would e a nice fit.  He measured 6'-8" barefoot at the draft combine 2 years ago but is listed at 6'-9" on ESPN.  Probably 6'-8" is more right, plenty of size for a PF these days.  Only 22 and on a favorable contract.  If he is as good as he looks on paper, he may be worth a protected first, but certainly if a 2nd or two could get him, looks like a good target.

We are getting kind of heavy on the bench with mid-sized players:

Stevens      6'-6"
Hauser       6'-7"
Brissett      6'-7"
Hauser       6'-7"
Walsh         6'-7"
Mykhailuik  6'-7"

If Jeremiah Robinson-Earl is a natural PF, then I see him as a better fit to balance the roster.

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2023, 11:58:11 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
If we can get him for a second, and they need to move 3 players anyway, it might be a win-win.

He may be just as productive as a PF that we could get with the Grant TPE (Precious Achiuwa, Jalen Smith) and he would be a lot cheaper.

And yes, balances the roster a little better.

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2023, 12:02:39 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Of all the OKC guys that may be available, I'd like Kenrich Williams the most, but he is a long term salary commitment and I'm not sure when he can be moves. He has the most versatility and is skilled enough you can have him in the rotation.  Plus, we need a Williams on the team. Ha.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip